Celebrity Reflection - what would you do first?

wurm914

The Sunset Bar at the back of the ship on Deck 15 is very large compared to what Solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse have. Make sure you enjoy it. It is a popular sail away spot. 

F47FAC4A-03CC-4AB8-B528-4374F242D007.jpeg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, wurm914 said:

We're sailing next week on the Celebrity Reflection.  Looking forward to our concierge balcony.  Just wondering, what are the can't miss places, activities, treats?  What would you do first?  Hmm?

deb :classic_biggrin:

Since you have a Concierge balcony, make sure you join the Balcony Club or renew your membership.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, wurm914 said:

We're sailing next week on the Celebrity Reflection.  Looking forward to our concierge balcony.  Just wondering, what are the can't miss places, activities, treats?  What would you do first?  Hmm?

Remember you have an MDR lunch as a Concierge guest so sit back and enjoy that first whilst everyone else is in the busy Oceanview. It does finish quite early so check on the time...(1.30?)

We were on Reflection last March and loved the speciality restaurants. So my suggestion for what to do next is price up a dining package (if you haven’t already booked one). Both Murano’s and Lawn Club Grill were busy on our cruise and fully booked  by day five although the other restaurants had vacancies.

We also really enjoyed the sunset bar, great place for a sail away!

Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Since you have a Concierge balcony, make sure you join the Balcony Club or renew your membership.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Almost afraid to ask :classic_blush:  - what's the Balcony Club?  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Not a problem.  If you remember the Newlywed Game it would be called making whoopee.   :classic_biggrin:   We do it at least once per cruise on the balcony. 

The hot tub is even better especially if it is crowded because the others  think you are just doubling up for the lack of seating.  😜🥰

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

Walk the entire ship...that way you will learn so much; she is our favorite one so far...eat outside for lunch at the OVC, instead of staying inside! Keep your glass half ful and look for surprises...

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, miched said:

The hot tub is even better especially if it is crowded because the others  think you are just doubling up for the lack of seating.  😜🥰

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

and of course make sure you smile for the camera

• Like 1

First thing we do is drop our carry on bag in our cabin. We head to the buffet for lunch. Lucky you, concierge passengers may head to the MDR for lunch. After lunch, we head out to back to the Sunset Bar until it's time to go back to our cabins to start the muster drill. And then back to the Sunset Bar for sail away. Most of our activities end at the Sunset Bar 🌞🍷🍹😃

JIC you're new to Celebrity - around 4 o'clock, every day, they put out a nice spread of savory and sweet pastries and sandwiches in the Oceanview Cafe, the buffet, where you may enjoy  self serve tea or make a plate of appetizers to enjoy with your Sunset Bar cocktails.

3 hours ago, miched said:

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

That would be one way to clear everyone else out of the hot tub. Those things get overcrowded.

Anyone thinking about joining the Balcony Club should know there are cameras everywhere. You could end up being the stars of the Cruise CD that they try to sell at the end of the cruise. 

• Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:55 PM, wurm914 said:

When we first board we sit down and relax for a moment while drinking our flute of sparkling wine. The we head over to the FC desk and book our next cruises. 

On 1/28/2019 at 10:55 PM, wurm914 said:

I would make sure you take your neighbor in the cabin next to you out for a nice cold Martini and relax because we will!!!!! LOL

Edited by gr8fulforcruising

The first thing we do when we get on board is go to Murano to make all of our specialty restaurant reservations.  Then we head to the MDR to check on the location of our table if we are doing fixed dining.  My wife and I don't prefer being at a 2 person table that's 4 inches from another 2 person table.  After that we go to the Martini Bar for our first Decadence.  Then we just sit and look at each other the biggest grins on our faces knowing what our lives are going to be like while we're cruising!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mufflogan said:

The first thing we do when we get on board is go to Murano to make all of our specialty restaurant reservations.

Curious why you don't make specialty restaurant reservations 1-2 months in advance on Celebrity's website?  I just did.  This way, I am assured to get the dates and times I want.  

14 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Curious why you don't make specialty restaurant reservations 1-2 months in advance on Celebrity's website?  I just did.  This way, I am assured to get the dates and times I want.  

We usually get a 4 or 5 meal package which can save you quite a bit of money.  You can only book one meal when you pre-purchase one of those packages... and your reservation has to be on either the first or second night.  We really enjoy the menus in the MDR on those first two nights so that's where we like to eat.  So... when we go to Murano when we first board we reschedule that first reservation and then make the other 3-4 reservations we need to make because of the package.  And we do that first because we know that the specialty restaurants fill up quickly with the times we probably want to eat so we do it right away.  

Edited by mufflogan
changing the wording to make it read better
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Sometimes, there are discounts offered on board, especially for that first night. If the date and time are important, it's a good idea to do it ahead of time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marelaine said:

That would be one way to clear everyone else out of the hot tub. Those things get overcrowded.

Anyone thinking about joining the Balcony Club should know there are cameras everywhere. You could end up being the stars of the Cruise CD that they try to sell at the end of the cruise. 

May not be that bad.  Look at what it did for the Kardashian’s, Paris Hilton, and Pam Anderson to name a few.  Didn’t hurt Tommy Lee either.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 1