Diamond lounge drinks menu

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Not sure why then RC publishes one list that says SL and the other that says DL.  Can't be a ship to ship thing.  I'll respectively verify your claim on our upcoming Freedom cruise. 

That list I shared was the first time I've seen one that says SL.  The Adventure  SL used one similar to the one you shared.

Back on Oasis in 7 days.  

We should have a couple of welcome aboard letters from LA and the Concierges.  Usually a list of the included products is with those

Edited by John&LaLa

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Thought you did screwdriver 

Yes i drink double shot vodka with oj in a short glass.  I have noticed a lot of martinis being drunk in the lounges and no one complains about the vodka.  Those martini drinkers seem pretty happy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I've never seen it, much less in the lounges

Heineken Zero is the new non-alcoholic beer for RCCL. They're slowly getting rid of O'Douls. You have to ask for it in the Diamond Lounge. My Dad had several of these every day on the Jewel this past week. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That list I shared was the first time I've seen one that says SL.  The Adventure  SL used one similar to the one you shared.

Back on Oasis in 7 days.  

We should have a couple of welcome aboard letters from LA and the Concierges.  Usually a list of the included products is with those

I honestly don't know how you can do it again.  But bon voyage anyway!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toad455 said:

Heineken Zero is the new non-alcoholic beer for RCCL. They're slowly getting rid of O'Douls. You have to ask for it in the Diamond Lounge. My Dad had several of these every day on the Jewel this past week. 

Friends could not get any non alcholic beer in DL this past cruise on Serenade.  It was drinks on the list only.

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

NA has been on the list for years now. I think it used to be Smirnoff. 

You ever try Popov? $5 a fifth.

I would say for the past 2 years? Before that it was Smirnoff or Finlandia. 

NA is awful, even with mixers. Keeps me from drinking so I suppose I'm staying healthier.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Friends could not get any non alcholic beer in DL this past cruise on Serenade.  It was drinks on the list only.

According to our Diamond Lounge concierge, it's been on and off the menu, but as long as you ask for it in the lounge they'll give it to you. None of the bars would give it to my Dad during the happy hour.

Just now, toad455 said:

According to our Diamond Lounge concierge, it's been on and off the menu, but as long as you ask for it in the lounge they'll give it to you. None of the bars would give it to my Dad during the happy hour.

The bars tend to be super strict about following the list. They wouldn't make me a Cosmo because they said they didn't have the ingredients. They always make them in the lounges. OTOH sometimes the wine they pour is (relatively) better than what's available in the lounges. Depends on what they have, where you go, and who is your bartender. oh, and tips.

13 hours ago, toad455 said:

not sure how this got deleted but just on the Jewel and the Heineken zero was only available for free in the Diamond Lounge and not available at any of the bars unless you wanted to pay for it.

The Diamond Club on Radiance class ships uses a fully stocked bar outside of the club.  It is very inconsistent as to what each bar service waiter will serve you 'off list'.  However, I have never seen Titos in the CL, but I have seen waiters go to the same Diamond Club bar as a special favor to a guest.  Having said that, occasionally a Pin or Suite guest will get something special stocked for them in the CL after the first night.

Many times they will say I have to ask my supervisor.

22 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

The Diamond Club on Radiance class ships uses a fully stocked bar outside of the club.  It is very inconsistent as to what each bar service waiter will serve you 'off list'.  However, I have never seen Titos in the CL, but I have seen waiters go to the same Diamond Club bar as a special favor to a guest.  Having said that, occasionally a Pin or Suite guest will get something special stocked for them in the CL after the first night.

Do you mean the DL on the Jewel uses the Viking Crown bar for drinks?

51 minutes ago, pcur said:

It did for my recent cruise. There were so many Diamond members that they had to open up the Viking Crown for the overflow. Apparently they had over 300 diamond members on board.

3 hours ago, pcur said:

The waiters use that bar or a service bar.  There are no bar facilities inside the DL.

Didn't mean to imply passengers use that bar.  Unless the entire VCL is taken over for the cruise.

6 hours ago, steveru621 said:

Both times on Serenade and Brilliance, the bar in the CL had Tito’s. No clue about the DL. 

We always get the drink package. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 6:17 AM, marci22 said:

The bars tend to be super strict about following the list. They wouldn't make me a Cosmo because they said they didn't have the ingredients. They always make them in the lounges. OTOH sometimes the wine they pour is (relatively) better than what's available in the lounges. Depends on what they have, where you go, and who is your bartender. oh, and tips.

Old post but, have never been on any RC ship where my wife can not get a Cosmo in the DL.  Last cruise on Symphony we used the vouchers in the Wonderland bar and and got all top shelf Martinis.

4 hours ago, NKLCRUISES said:

Do they have agave nectar and lime juice to mix with the tequila on the rocks?

Lime juice is not a problem, nor is the sweet/sour mix.  No idea about the agave nectar.

13 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Old post but, have never been on any RC ship where my wife can not get a Cosmo in the DL.  Last cruise on Symphony we used the vouchers in the Wonderland bar and and got all top shelf Martinis.

I agree, we can always get them in the lounge, that's why I was suprised they wouldn't make them in the Champagne bar. He said he didn't have the correct ingredients. I usually have good luck at the (nonlounge) bars with the stock wines (not Tisdale) and vodkas (variable but worth a try).

• 1 month later...

Diamond Lounge Drinks.....my husband enjoys having a double scotch when we go to the Diamond Lounge. They refused to serve a double. This was on the Harmony this past March. Has anyone else experienced this?

27 minutes ago, nybabs said:

Diamond Lounge Drinks.....my husband enjoys having a double scotch when we go to the Diamond Lounge. They refused to serve a double. This was on the Harmony this past March. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sometimes they just are funny about doubles. Meanwhile I have had very heavy pours that might as well have been doubles (funny because I kept telling them 'not too much'). Depends on the bartender. Just say ok and tip them and maybe later they will remember you like doubles.

Also cannot get a double with the vouchers. You have to use a voucher then go back and get another or they will charge you for one drink towards your double. (use 1 voucher and  you will get a single drink charge as well). 

Edited by marci22

We did try and tip them. The Diamond Lounge manager came over and stated they will not pour doubles which is a way different experience we've had over the years. The only way they would do it is pour two singles and deliver it to both of us.

57 minutes ago, marci22 said:

Sometimes they just are funny about doubles. Meanwhile I have had very heavy pours that might as well have been doubles (funny because I kept telling them 'not too much'). Depends on the bartender. Just say ok and tip them and maybe later they will remember you like doubles.

Also cannot get a double with the vouchers. You have to use a voucher then go back and get another or they will charge you for one drink towards your double. (use 1 voucher and  you will get a single drink charge as well). 

18 minutes ago, nybabs said:

We did try and tip them. The Diamond Lounge manager came over and stated they will not pour doubles which is a way different experience we've had over the years. The only way they would do it is pour two singles and deliver it to both of us.

My DH gets a double scotch in the DL, SL and with his 3 drink coupons in the Schooner Bar, if we don't go to one of the lounges.  We are on Harmony on the 28th, so we will see if they say no.  Not a big deal to just get a second drink even if we are in the Schooner Bar as we never use all our coupons each night.