What was your first Princess cruise? and Your favorite Princess ship?

CaboWabo62

Our first cruise was on the Star in 2003 to the Mexican riviera. We won the trip for reaching sales goal at work.

We didn't know what to expect but we were hooked. You can do as much or as little as you like.

Star is still our favorite, love the Skywalkers lounge, and the pool deck that can be open or closed. 

• Like 1

We started sailing with Princess in 2004 when we wanted to book a Celebrity Caribbean cruise in the summer from Fort Lauderdale.  Well, Celebrity wasn't sailing the Caribbean that year and my travel agent suggested Caribbean Princess.  

So that was 30 Princess cruises ago - we never looked at any other line.

Love everything about Regal Princess, especially Sabatini's.  (the food and staff)

• Like 1

Have sailed on Princess once; it was July 2017 to Alaska on Emerald;  so she is out fav ship since it's the only one.  However, we leave next Saturday 16 Feb for Caribbean Princess to western Caribbean.  Once I get off that cruise I will post how we liked that ship.  Have a great day

• Like 1

First Princess cruise was on the Golden in 2007. Favorite is a hard question but I will say the Regal for now. Looking forward to trying the newer ships. Least favorite, thou you didn't ask that, is the Crown but we are giving her another try soon, so things may change.

My first Princess cruise was on the Sun Princess to Alaska the year it came out. My favorite Princess ship was the Tahitian Princess. I guess since that one is gone now the Coral is my favorite. I will see if the Regal changes that this year.

• Thanks 1

My first was in 2004, on the Coral to the Panama Canal. I was hooked the moment the transfer bus pulled up alongside the terminal and I saw that gorgeous ship!

40+ Princess cruises later, after traveling on most of the ships in the fleet (I loved each and every one!), my absolute favorite ship is the lovely "Little White Lady:, the Pacific Princess. 💗

1986 on the 1st Royal Princess, 14 day Panama Canal cruise, it was awesome.  All outside cabins, a classic ship.  It was a big band cruise with Les Brown's band.  

It was awesome, everyone dressed up, very special.  The dancing, people dressed nice, it was like a glimpse into a by gone era.  There were probably a dozen of us under 50, didn't matter, one of the best cruises ever out of 30+.

• Like 1

Our first cruise was in 1992 on the Sky Princess (formerly known as Fair Sky when she was Sitmar).  It's still one of our favorites along with Pacific Princess (one of the R class ships).  We love the intimacy of the smaller passenger ships.

First was the old Royal in 1990 or 91 in the Med..

Favorite ? ...The only existing Princess ship we haven't sailed on is the Majestic .. So I guess its been all of them (but a little less so with Royal & Regal)

Srpilo

Edited by srpilo

Our first was on the Caribbean Princess in 2004. We have since sailed on her twice more and were joking everytime we had a cruise itinerary in mind, she was the ship that was sailing that route. So she is the sentimental favorite,  However it is hard to get over the "wow" factor of the Regal.

Star Princess 2003. Ship was 4 months old. Princess was our fourth cruise line.  

Favorite ship: Sapphire Princess, until they removed her from the West Coast. 

Current fave: Regal/Royal. Excellent buffet. 

Huge atrium, Alfredo’s, nicer showroom, 

better MUTS, better gift shops, better cosmetic selection.  

Star Princess 2003. Ship was 4 months old. Princess was our fourth cruise line.  

Favorite ship: Sapphire Princess, until they removed her from the West Coast. 

Current fave: Regal/Royal. Excellent buffet. 

Huge atrium, Alfredo’s, nicer showroom, 

better MUTS, better gift shops, better cosmetic selection.  

My first Princess ship was the Dawn Princess to Alaska with my parents and brother. It was my last time in the Kids’ club, and my mom let me go to the disco with them, since I had just graduated from High School. I never thought I’d ever return to Alaska after that, let alone marry an Alaskan, move there, and go on 5 more Alaska cruises! 😆 My favorite ship is the Royal/Regal series because although I don’t like how small the balconies are, I adore the redesigned Horizon Court and Pastry Shop! 😍

Our first cruise on Princess was a really cheap ($61 pp) two day repositioner from San Francisco to Vancouver. I think it was Sun Princess, but it might have been Dawn. We'd only cruised on Carnival before that, and I immediately liked Princess better.

Current favorite ship is the Ruby. It hits all the sweet spots for me, including that wonderful Promenade deck.