Can u negotiate on embarkation day to upgrade beverage package?

Pier290

25 minutes ago, seaworthy1 said:

If you are on a b2b, and become Elite + after first cruise, can you get the 15% discount (booze upgrade) on second cruse?

Even though it takes a few days for your Elite + to show up in the normal reporting, you can go to the Captain's Club Hostess and ask them to upgrade your status for the second leg.  Thus you will have Elite + status for the second leg and be entitled to all associated benefits.

58 minutes ago, Pier290 said:

Has anyone paid LESS than the $11.80/ day to upgrade to premium beverage package once on board during embarkation??   

No negotiations, but they do occasionally have on-board sales such as getting the upgrade for all 14 days of a cruise and only paying for 13 days.

In our experience the 1

35 minutes ago, seaworthy1 said:If you are on a b2b, and become Elite + after first cruise, can you get the 15% discount (booze upgrade) on second cruse?

The Elite+ discount on beverage packages is 10% not 15%.  It doesn’t apply to the beverage package upgrade although there have been occasional reports of a unknowing bartender discounting the upgrade 10%.

2 hours ago, Pier290 said:

Has anyone paid LESS than the $11.80/ day to upgrade to premium beverage package once on board during embarkation??   

There was a 50% sale end of November, I was able to upgrade my r/t Hawaii cruise this October for $5.00 a day plus TA.  Total. Of $88.00 p.p.

We decided to upgrade only one of our packages on our last cruise.  We were able to do it on the second day of the cruise.  In that way I got my upgraded martinis and my husband wasn't forced to take the premium package too.   Worked well for us.     

• Like 1

15 hours ago, seaworthy1 said:

If you are on a b2b, and become Elite + after first cruise, can you get the 15% discount (booze upgrade) on second cruse?

I believe you get the discount on the package only not the upgrade. 

You should stop by the Captain's Club Manager and let them know.   They will coordinate witih Miami and get your upgraded on the second cruise.   It usually takes 7-10 days but the CC manager can make it happen for a B2B.   We have friends that had the same situation and had new cards for their second cruise.  You can then use the 35% discount for internet and you will get the extra laundry etc.

I believe you get the discount on the package only not the upgrade. 

Edited by Jim_Iain

There's a sale right now for our Silhouette transatlantic in April. We have a Classic Beverage Package, but both Cruise Planner and Captain's Club said sale was only for the package, not for an upgrade.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

So what is the latest day on board that you can upgrade?  In the past we were able to upgrade mid cruise and pay for the remaining days.  Thanks.

Do they still have the drink of the day at a reduced price? It was on the Eclipse last March but not in November on the Reflection. I will be on the Silhouette next Sunday.

On 2/13/2019 at 10:57 PM, ebtrip said:

There was a 50% sale end of November, I was able to upgrade my r/t Hawaii cruise this October for $5.00 a day plus TA.  Total. Of $88.00 p.p.

Where do you find out about the sale of the upgrade 

We sat next to a couple in the Martini bar who had upgraded their Classic package on a BOGO-basis through the bartender. He described it as only being available on embarkation day. 

My consensus is that when deals like this pop up they are the result of the individual ship’s Bar Manager making them available as opposed being to an across-the-board corporate policy. 

We were on Solstice 16-night AUS/NZ cruise and had the Classic Package.  When we embarked, we asked, and they were giving a 30% discount to upgrade to the Premium.    Ask -- all they can do is say NO.

On 3/18/2019 at 5:56 PM, Wine-O said:

We were on Solstice 16-night AUS/NZ cruise and had the Classic Package.  When we embarked, we asked, and they were giving a 30% discount to upgrade to the Premium.    Ask -- all they can do is say NO.

Did they issue a new sea pass or just add the sticker?