Balcony Guarantee What Cabin Did You End Up With

stalco

17 hours ago, rkkunk said:

We booked a WS GTY over a month ago on Harmony. We hadn’t heard anything until today. Our E-docs show Deck 7. Should we call and ask to see if they have any more info on the room? 

Another cruiser stated they called and they gave them the actual room number. So it might be worth a call. How far out is the cruise?

I am 23 days from sailing and also have a WS on Allure. No cabin or deck number yet for me. Twice in past I had a JS guarantee and had an assigned cabin within days of booking.

On 2/15/2019 at 1:43 PM, Krazyfuntimes said:

Another cruiser stated they called and they gave them the actual room number. So it might be worth a call. How far out is the cruise?

I am 23 days from sailing and also have a WS on Allure. No cabin or deck number yet for me. Twice in past I had a JS guarantee and had an assigned cabin within days of booking.

My husband called yesterday and they couldn’t tell him anything. We are 41 days away and we sail on the Harmony for a 9 day.

Did you get assigned a JS or did you end up with a full suite? We would be happy with a JS, but it would be awesome to have a full suite!! All we know is that the double points finally get us to Diamond! Yea!

16 hours ago, rkkunk said:

My husband called yesterday and they couldn’t tell him anything. We are 41 days away and we sail on the Harmony for a 9 day.

Did you get assigned a JS or did you end up with a full suite? We would be happy with a JS, but it would be awesome to have a full suite!! All we know is that the double points finally get us to Diamond! Yea!

No assigned cabin yet. 21 days til we sail. I have about given up about knowing, too stressful, LOL Not really, I will be on a cruise so I won't care where I am.Keep me updated with what you get and I will do the same. The part that makes me wonder more is the TA told me that  the RC rep told her "we were in the running for a grand suite". Not sure what the heck that means. So just with that comment got me kinda excited and got my hopes up.

14 hours ago, Krazyfuntimes said:

No assigned cabin yet. 21 days til we sail. I have about given up about knowing, too stressful, LOL Not really, I will be on a cruise so I won't care where I am.Keep me updated with what you get and I will do the same. The part that makes me wonder more is the TA told me that  the RC rep told her "we were in the running for a grand suite". Not sure what the heck that means. So just with that comment got me kinda excited and got my hopes up.

That’s funny about the comment the RC Rep said. My husband said the Rep for the travel agency that we are using said the RC rep said the same thing!! Hummm? Interesting! That would be great though! I will definitely keep you updated.

On your previous cruises with the suite GTY did you get the JS?

Edited by rkkunk

I am not sailing until April but still have not been assigned a room according to RCI and the website.  We reserved a GTY OVB and right now all that's left are suites and only about 10 of those.  Anyone have any thoughts on that?  I am assuming I have a room they just aren't telling me which?  I am going to be cranky if I drive 12 hours and don't actually have a room.  

Another Gty question... I am 47 days out and still don't have an assignment.  All of the rooms for 3 people are sold out.  There are plenty for 2.  Can they put us in a room for 2 with a roll away bed or something?  Do the rooms for 2 not have couches?

7 minutes ago, george35 said:

We booked a GTY Balcony on the HARMONY for SEPT> got an EM saying we were in CATAGORY 8D but no cabin # yet. Where is CAT. 8D located on the HARMONY???

george35

Look at the deck plans here: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/harmony-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1819/03

Expand the balcony category on each deck to see the location of the 8D staterooms.

On 2/17/2019 at 8:55 AM, Krazyfuntimes said:

Okay, about 30 days to our cruise on Harmony. We booked a WS GTY and we got our room assignment yesterday. We got a JS on deck 7. Remember how our E-docs said deck 7? Well, that is where we ended up, so I guess if you get something saying a deck number, that is the deck that you will probably end up on.

Dont forget to keep me updated on what you finally get assigned. Your cruise is almost here!!😀

I completed my online check in a few days ago for my Allure cruise in May. I went on the Royal App right after and my set sail pass was available to view. It shows Deck 11 but the room # still says GTY. 

When I logged in on the Royal Website, it says reprint instead of deck 11. 

So just figured I'd mention that in case some of you don't have the Royal App or haven't checked your set sail pass on the app. 

Also, my muster station says C02 on both the app and the website. I found a muster station map for the Allure after a quick google search. It shows my muster station is forward on the ship. So I'm assuming I will end up with a cabin somewhere on deck 11 forward. 

• 4 weeks later...

We've booked many guarantees and have always received a cabin in the super category ( OV, Balcony etc) , never any upgrade.  That means, if we booked a balcony, we received some balcony.   I don't consider  any deck to be an upgrade on another .  To me a standard  balcony on deck 10 is  no better  than a standard balcony on deck 7.    

Seems many others have a more exciting  outcome. 

M

Our friends who are on Oasis with us for our next cruise were given their Ocean view balcony cabin number today at the 30 days prior mark. It was on the deck and in the ship's sector their no cabin number luggage tag and  muster station information previously showed it would be in.

We went with a neighborhood balcony guarantee and got our boardwalk balcony cabin assignment including the number within a few days of our booking it.

Others on our roll call have also commented on this RCI nonsense with the Ocean View balcony guarantees apparently being assigned but the actual cabin not showing.

Edited by robtulipe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We booked a XB Oceanview Guarantee on Allure last October and got a Deck 6 balcony a few doors from the midship elevators. EXCELLENT location but would have preferred a few floors higher. It was a great trip either way!

7 minutes ago, dreadpirate3 said:

Just an update.

My son was guaranteed a boardwalk balcony and was assigned a 4D Oceanview Balcony 12 days from sailing. I am waiting to hear if the drink package that was included with the original category remains.

The drink package is based on the original category and will not follow the move to the oceanview category.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dreadpirate3 said:

Just an update.

My son was guaranteed a boardwalk balcony and was assigned a 4D Oceanview Balcony 12 days from sailing. I am waiting to hear if the drink package that was included with the original category remains.

I’m very surprised that they did that.  I would have thought that they would have had existing customers in the BW balconies that bid on an Oceanview stateroom. Would have made more financial sense to accept one of their bids and give your son the BW balcony. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m very surprised that they did that.  I would have thought that they would have had existing customers in the BW balconies that bid on an Oceanview stateroom. Would have made more financial sense to accept one of their bids and give your son the BW balcony. 

It surprised me as well. This is an odd sailing, and all balconies and suites showed as sold out, then now balconies show.

• 2 weeks later...