! LIVE! from Adventure of the Seas, February 16, 2019 - 8 nights

ckrobyn

There is a load of ships around you guys. Some freighter in front of you. Mariner is not too far away off your port side going back to Miami. Norwegian Sky is up in front of Conquest now. Disney Wonder is starboard of Conquest on its way to Port Canaveral.

Can you see the lights of Great Abaco on your starboard side?

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

There is a load of ships around you guys. Some freighter in front of you. Mariner is not too far away off your port side going back to Miami. Norwegian Sky is up in front of Conquest now. Disney Wonder is starboard of Conquest on its way to Port Canaveral.

Can you see the lights of Great Abaco on your starboard side?

Curious what app you are using to see all the traffic of ships around you?

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We are probably closer to Ft Lauderdale than you are. 

Three ships on your port side heading south. Symphony is in the lead. Independence is the last one. Equinox is in the middle.

The first and the most recent Oasis class ships passing in the night.

6 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

All I know for sure, is it’s a magnificent day at sea! The weather is perfect.

Oh, and Bob most certainly does exist. Pretty sure I just saw him snoozing on a comfy lounger in the Solarium 😉

Currently sitting at an outside booth at Johnny Rockets waiting for my greasy burger and way too many calories chocolate shake 😳

D4C566A9-24C6-4F49-939F-CF88B0758E98.jpeg

7C2B6E1E-6A21-45B7-99E7-7766A0837DB2.jpeg

When I first looked at the picture of the pool bar, I have to admit that it looked like the lady was not wearing a swimsuit, LOL

Thank you so much for the update!! I love following along

29 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Adventure, Princess Regal, and Norwegian Pearl are cruising very close together.....

We see what appears to be a very large ship on our port side, traveling in the same direction.  Logo looks like Princess.

Also, there was indeed Italian night in WJ.  Stuffed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tutzig said:

When I first looked at the picture of the pool bar, I have to admit that it looked like the lady was not wearing a swimsuit, LOL

Thank you so much for the update!! I love following along

Uh oh! LOL!!!

You are most welcome, thanks for following!

Thank you to everyone who participated on this thread, you’ve helped make this amazing cruise even better!

Special mention to a few people most of whom I’ve known for many years but never met...

Ocean Boy - what can I say? We have kept each other and everyone else entertained for many cruises 😂

Clarea (Bob) - It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope to see you on a cruise again soon!

Andrew - I have followed your Live reports for years, and I’m counting on a group Cruise one day soon. In the interim I’ll go shopping at LV with Lisa 😉

John - Thanks for popping in here throughout the week, looks like you had a great cruise too.

Okay. Final thoughts.

I still love Adventure, and I’m happy with the changes/enhancements that have been done over the last few years. The crew are great, I really felt they were engaged and eager to please.

The food - I know it’s subjective, but I gotta say the food everywhere, overall, was very good to excellent. The last time I cruises on Adventure in November 2017, the food was awful. Huge improvement in the quality of the pizza. The MDR was terrific and I usually don’t rave about it, but the service was top notch and we had a guitar playing, singing waiter which made it a lot of fun.

Chair Hogs - Out in full force and no deck patrol to be found. I should also mention that there were babies in the pools all week and deck patrol was nowhere to be found 😡 

My Cabin - I always have a balcony, so cruising in a Promenade cabin was an adjustment. I really like the cabin, it’s perfect for a solo traveler, a lot of space yet cozy at the same time. Water pressure in the shower was great. My cabin is 7293 located above the jewelry store.

Entertainment - The shows haven’t changed on this ship in about 8 years 😳 I did see the comedian, he was very funny. The Quest was hilarious.

Cruise Director - I really like Ken Jones, and it seems as if he is well liked by his staff as well 😁 Special mention goes out to Isaac (CD staff) he was absolutely hilarious all week. For anyone who’s sailed recently and caught the 70’s show, he was the Indian from the Village People 😂

TV in cabin - THERE IS NOTHING TO WATCH. Worst selection of channels. I don’t typically watch a lot of TV while on a cruise, but when you have your own cabin, it’s nice to watch a bit before bed. If I see the “wash your hands” video one more time....uuuugh, total ear worm.

I think that’s it for now. Please feel free to ask questions. My flight home isn’t until tomorrow evening so I’ll have plenty of time at FLL to respond.

Thanks to you all for sharing this cruise with me. I had the BEST time! 💕

• Like 4

I almost forgot.

Try and avoid connecting cabins on Adventure. My friend is in the connecting cabin, so it’s ok, but if it were strangers, you can hear everything! I can hear her TV, I hear if she coughs, opens a drawer etc. You get the point. Avoid them if you can.

• Like 1