When was your first Royal cruise?

Wolffie89

My first Royal Caribbean cruise was a 10 night Caribbean trip on the Jewel of the Seas in 2009.  If i was a snob for other lines and not level headed, I probably would not ever have sailed Royal Caribbean again, as it still stands today, it was the Worst cruise of my now 20 cruises.  For unknown reasons, THIS particular cruise had below average food all across the board, specialty restaurants and MDR.  The service was lackluster.  Everything on this cruise was just meh.  I had come from Carnival, Celebrity and NCL and this was my 8th cruise in total.  To this day, I could not understand how this cruise missed so many marks.

Of course, Royal Caribbean has redeemed itself and has the unique position of holding the WORST cruise ever, and the best cruise (aside from my wedding cruise which is exempt from comparison).

Edited by Rogueperson

Our 

Eastern Caribbean - 7 Nights

Sovereign of the Seas

Oct 26  Nov 2, 1996

Points earned: 1

Our first cruise ever and got us hooked!  Had an amazing time.  Our dining room waiter was Mario; everyone called out his name when he came into the dining room.  Always a joker; he used a plastic banana as a phone to contact special request to the kitchen.  The highlight of our cruise was our dining experience.

After 7 years, past folios

Our first cruise was on Sovereign right after Royal "stretched" it.  Earned us a 1 whole cruise point.  We took it because we were doing a Serenade Alaska cruise and I wanted to be able to go to the past cruiser event.  Now I'm addicted, of course.

10 minutes ago, finz2u said:

Our first cruise was on Sovereign right after Royal "stretched" it.  Earned us a 1 whole cruise point.  We took it because we were doing a Serenade Alaska cruise and I wanted to be able to go to the past cruiser event.  Now I'm addicted, of course.

I never knew Sovereign was stretched.  I remember that they added balcony staterooms to the ship, but don't recall the stretch at all.

37 minutes ago, finz2u said:

I don’t believe the Sovereign was ever stretched.  

Enchantment was,  but they stopped there.  None of the sovereign class ships were ever stretched.

First RCCL was Navigator in 2005 and so thankful I took that one - as my first ever cruise was Carnival in 2004 and that ship ended up being on with 2 huge groups that definitely completely changed our cruise and I was sure I'd never cruise again!  But my kids and ex wanted to try and a cruise so I said I'd go again and that was the game changer.  Now I'm much more careful in checking groups that may be on my cruise and other details lol but can't wait to board next week!