MSC is absolute garbage.

lbt43

MSC customer service could be the worst thing this side of the IRS.

The agents don't know anything when you call, thats after waiting 25-45 minutes for them to pick up.  They are rude, annoying and unhelpful.  If you ask for a manager, they are always "in a meeting" I would rather call the IRS than call MSC.  At least the IRS seems to know what they are doing.  MSC agents have absolutely no CLUE.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruiser man 60 said:

I have never had a problem getting through and always speak to a very helpful person. I am in UK so maybe it's just the American staff where there is a problem.

Agree totally

-just had a pleasant experience thus very afternoon linked to the much debated hot topic of this week!

That said, US customer services are usually first class

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, lbt43 said:

The agents don't know anything when you call, thats after waiting 25-45 minutes for them to pick up.  They are rude, annoying and unhelpful.  If you ask for a manager, they are always "in a meeting" I would rather call the IRS than call MSC.  At least the IRS seems to know what they are doing.  MSC agents have absolutely no CLUE.

Literally, could not disagree more.  On Monday I spoke w/ a customer service agent on the phone as we debated booking our first cruise.  On Tuesday I emailed him asking a few more questions.  Wednesday morning he emailed me back, apologizing profusely, for not answering Tuesday, but it was his day off.  He asked what time was good for me for a phone call.  I gave him a time and he called about 5 minutes early and got my voicemail.  Again, apologizing for calling early, and then called back 5 minutes later.  Answered any and all questions I had.  Checked several different promo codes making sure we got the best price/perks available.  Told me when our status match went thru to email him and would ensure it gets applied to our booking and get the 5% off.  Total and complete first class service, and he was a random customer service rep who just happened to answer my initial call on Monday.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, lbt43 said:

Ok, but you're talking to a sales agent.  Whats he going to do to get the sale?  Be nice.  Im talking about the service agents.

Are you calling about a refund or credit or something like that?  If so, while I have no experience w/ MSC, I can say the customer service people on NCL are clueless 90% of the time as well.  So I do not believe that is cruise line specific.

My interactions with them are limited so I am probably not the best judge.  All I know is the 1 person at MSC I have dealt with was more knowledgeable then the dozens I have dealt with at NCL spanning over 10 years of cruising with them.  

• Like 1

Anytime I have called MSC, the customer service people have been knowledgeable, courteous, and have fixed some issues on the spot.

I have also had the same experiences on board ship.

Now if you are calling to complain because something is not like Carnival or some other cruise line, you will get short thrift. My favorite was the belligerent passenger who was haranging guest services on board because something wasn't being handled like Carnival. The response was "You are not on Carnival. Next" (looking at the next person in line which was me).

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I have not yet sailed on MSC.  I have contacted customer service three times (I booked with a TA) in the last two weeks and received prompt, friendly service.  I might add that I typically book with a TA and have been told that "your travel agent needs to call us" when contacting other cruise lines with an issue.  I am sorry you are encountered poor service.   I've found that when I am upset or angry with service personnel, my issues take longer to solve.  I am not saying you weren't calm and reasonable, but I find that folks are much more apt to help when they are treated with kindness.

Edited by Nashna
grammer

4 hours ago, lbt43 said:

Feel better?

I don't find it appropriate to call MSC garbage.    That tells a lot right there about what we are dealing with.

I have cruised twice with MSC and find them just fine to deal with.    Their prices can't be beat and some people are just very unreasonable (and also very rude).

• Like 2

I don't typically post, but an interesting observation...  Why do people feel the need to post thoughts and opinions on boards, social media, et al., yet at the same time claim they "don't care what others think" or, better yet, get upset when others offer differing opinions.  If you don't care, then why post anything at all?  Perhaps folks are looking for a bit of confirmation bias and expecting everyone to feel the same way.  Thankfully, that is not how this blue marble works.

• Like 2

I think the title of this thread is a bit over dramatic but clearly reflects great frustration and anger experienced by the OP in his dealing with MSC operatives. Many posters have expressed their frustration arising from their interactions with MSC staff who, it seems, often provide inaccurate information or contradict each other. 

The title promises much but delivers little! Nothing to see here, really!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lbt43 said:

I really don't care what you guys think of MSC.  Its trash.  100%.

Keep digging the hole you are in.  What you have posted is a rant.  All sizzle.  No steak.  

Most of the time it's not the customer service that is garbage, it's the system that they have is garbage.

So many bugs and issues, but very little resources for the customer service to fix the problem.  

Their hands are tied.

6 hours ago, lbt43 said:

I will vote for calling MSC over the IRS.   Sorry you had a bad experience.

1 hour ago, CruiseIreland said:

I think the title of this thread is a bit over dramatic but clearly reflects great frustration and anger experienced by the OP in his dealing with MSC operatives. Many posters have expressed their frustration arising from their interactions with MSC staff who, it seems, often provide inaccurate information or contradict each other. 

The title promises much but delivers little! Nothing to see here, really!

I have to agree.  I thought it was going to be a lot jucier!