Can you sit on the helicopter pad at night - Harmony?

Radiance class sometimes allows it.  A wonderful place to stargaze.   It is hard  to find a dark spot on Oasis class to stargaze.  

Actually - I don't think the helipad is ever open to the general public.  We've been there in the daytime for an invited event. 

M

14 hours ago, rkkunk said:

the only time passengers are allowed on the Heli-pad on Oasis class is during the Suite sail away party

This is an overly restrictive answer that is not always true. While Suite sail away party is probably the most common time, I have also seen yoga classes held there and I have been invited to sail away as a D+ (neither of these are a given, but they have occurred). The preceding answer “by invitation only” was correct. 

• Like 1

I can never get that to work, our balcony always has too much light noise to see anything.  I prefer the wings too.

We have always had access to the helipad, both in the evening and during the day, I have pics to prove that.  No one ever came to remove us...we did the "King of the world" thing on many ships.  Not on Allure, but we were on the helipad to take photos during the day.  If this is truly correct then it is a new rule.

On 3/5/2019 at 10:58 AM, BecciBoo said:

I can never get that to work, our balcony always has too much light noise to see anything.  I prefer the wings too.

We have always had access to the helipad, both in the evening and during the day, I have pics to prove that.  No one ever came to remove us...we did the "King of the world" thing on many ships.  Not on Allure, but we were on the helipad to take photos during the day.  If this is truly correct then it is a new rule.

I was hoping they would open in as it makes no sense to close the ONLY dark place on the ship. It's wonderful. I can understand windy weather. I sneak up.. I have been kicked off once or twice and leave quietly, but I'll be there, lying low, gazing at the stars and appreciating life itself. Told tell anyone we told them so 😉

I can’t speak for Harmony but the helipad was one of our favourite places on the Navigator OTS. Usually quiet in the evening and very dark and often windy. We took a portable speaker once and had an Argentine Tango under the stars right in the middle of the helipad. It was far too dark and windy but incredibly romantic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 3/5/2019 at 10:51 AM, cruisinghawg said:

My best place to stargaze is on my balcony with wine.

Not  if your neighbor has all the lights on in the cabin, and their curtains opened. Or worse,  their balcony light is on. 

M