Symphony Live, March 9th to 16th - We’re Bach! A sharp review with flat Cs.

1 hour ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Did you read up on "Come Swing With Us" once you got done with Brenda's Beaver? Hate for you to be left behind and not know what to do should you come upon some upside Pineapples on some doors.

That one is totally made for the Pineapple/Swinger thread. 

A few pics from the game. Final score, 6-2 Florida. 

Forida’s goalie tonight was his first game in the NHL, and he had the “ W”. Well done. He was also the third star of the game. 

8E4EC051-BD76-4209-A6E7-8E2950215A80.thumb.jpeg.4a9b59f8875b2ad2dc923bdc77622fcb.jpeg

73D8DF2E-AE25-4C7A-AE82-537F9689562C.thumb.jpeg.9fde576ce9a159a799c2a3762e97a9bc.jpeg

Minnesota’s goalie was pulled after the first, when it was 3-0.  Had one play not been offside it would’ve been 4-0.  This is the goalie that started the second period. 

7AD25725-28A0-485A-91F9-3155631055DA.thumb.jpeg.e7839e28aeb7e4281f74b76f5a7cb1b1.jpeg

070EF41E-8A83-4459-AFE7-C8156C57A6F9.thumb.jpeg.f0778bd57839149f40bc929abbacb557.jpeg

Planning for the face off. 

07A9D4E9-F143-4048-B759-B92B33F8708C.thumb.jpeg.8104c80dad939f4e738ccfb7b345b6a7.jpeg

What’s a hockey game without a fight. 

5BB25236-511A-44FB-9320-1BE11D407FD9.thumb.jpeg.686ac02ca116a37ceb66a7a88047c06e.jpeg

One of the Three Game Stars, and they were all from Florida. 

6E97BD9F-F618-43D2-A55E-FBE8DDB1630F.thumb.jpeg.2d4dec1a6e83452e999984abf40863b2.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont

They scape/shovel the ice during TV time outs.  Gotta say, they did a good job. Lisa thought the men should have a little less attire as well. 

97DBB85F-BD36-4927-AC8B-6F37505BD7BB.thumb.jpeg.3532f91431613f91a5dee1d0837d8cba.jpeg

What’s that on the ice... a Rat you ask? Well that’s right, it’s a rat.  A few of them. There a long Panthers traditions about Rats and if you don’t know what it is, it’s worth looking up. 

78CEC3CC-1207-4B7B-A4C2-43FFEE6E4B11.thumb.jpeg.7190243986327f7fef70bffa3beabe47.jpeg

And speaking king of Rats, looked who joined us for the game.  York “The Rat” Villain. Amazing night. What a way to start a cruise. 

3F16BF02-E10B-4DA3-8778-8FD2E9728493.thumb.jpeg.27b310ef17a1856caa5ac132c7d95e7a.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Goal!!!  At the end of the clip, you can see the practice puck that Owen snagged after it came over the glass. It actually hit him on the wrist leaving a strawberry, but he beat the other kid to it. 

Just found a better pic of it. 

31E709F7-6383-4AA1-B69E-F661FE7DE8D4.thumb.png.cd24292e934628dde17b987250e9c138.png

• Like 1

Following along once again and looking forward to your great reports and photos.  Thanks for the pictures of the snow, reminds me why I moved to SC, and thanks for the info on Bismi Tayanita's books for oblivious reasons, now going to Wikipedia to look up rats.   

We did the same thing on our December cruise on Harmony.Our seats wern't as good as yours but very cheap for lower bowl tickets.I think we had the same section though as it looks like the same corner.I see you were smart wearing pants.I wonder if Tim was cold wearing shorts as I know I was and know next time to wear pants.lol

20181201_191204.jpg

Yay... looks like I found my entertainment for the next week... thanks for taking us along again. I look forward to my morning entertainment on Periscope before Rick wakes up and deletes his antics from the night before. 😄 

Hope you all have a fantastic time. Bon Voyage 🙂 

Following along, always enjoy the live reviews.  Long time Panther fanatic. We were at the next game after Mellanby killed the rat when the plastic rats started. Great memories. God awful old arena. Have a great trip. Congrats to Owen. What has Lisa downloaded for this cruise?

29 minutes ago, marchand28 said:

Following along, always enjoy the live reviews.  Long time Panther fanatic. We were at the next game after Mellanby killed the rat when the plastic rats started. Great memories. God awful old arena. Have a great trip. Congrats to Owen. What has Lisa downloaded for this cruise?

Lisa downloaded season 4 and 5 of Orange is the New Black. She just started watching it in January. Right now the Prision Riot is going on she tells me. 

She saw an advertisement the other day for The Handsmaid Tale and stopped dead. June 2019. Praise Be.

For those interested Owen is reading Gorden Korman series, This Can't be happening at McDonald Hall. I read the same author has a kid, only original editions. Like going back in time. 

Edit it to add:  the fact that you were there after that game would have been crazy. The rats basically brought about the delay of game penalty after a goal.  Some how Detroit got away with the occasional octopus before that, but that’s a lot different than a few hundred plastic rats. Who would really want an octopus in their pants or jacket for part of a game?  The penalty basicallly brought that fun to an end. It was bucket hat giveaway last night, but no hat tricks, so it was all good. 

We actually had to look up Mellanby’s name last night as neither of us could remember it. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

3 hours ago, JamesEM said:

now going to Wikipedia to look up rats.   

It’s rather interesting story, unless your the Rat.  Think Disney’s Ratatouille, only certain scenes. 

1 hour ago, DoctorWhoGirl said:

Following along on what I know will be another entertaining journey. We are over a year out from our Symphony adventure, so living vicariously through live reviews will have to do. Have an amazing cruise!

Ouch, a year. Virtual hugs to you. 

1 hour ago, NSnewcruiser said:

We did the same thing on our December cruise on Harmony.Our seats wern't as good as yours but very cheap for lower bowl tickets.I think we had the same section though as it looks like the same corner.I see you were smart wearing pants.I wonder if Tim was cold wearing shorts as I know I was and know next time to wear pants.lol

I would have been in shorts, but we had no time at the hotel to change. I didn’t throw my sweater on until the end of the first. The people one section over were wearing winter coats. Tim is a big Islanders fan, since the Drive for  Five, so we have had some Tavares banter back and forth.

As for the seats, I’d say they are the same section.  We got the four seats for what one would cost in Toronto.  I’d go again. 

56 minutes ago, CazV said:

Yay... looks like I found my entertainment for the next week... thanks for taking us along again. I look forward to my morning entertainment on Periscope before Rick wakes up and deletes his antics from the night before. 😄 

Hope you all have a fantastic time. Bon Voyage 🙂 

Looking forward to catching up with him. I think it’s soon Tokyo Tea Time, with the sail away dance party.  

43 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

They seem to coming later in the day now - the denial email used to be earlier in the afternoon.

Nothing like your Prom Date dropping that at the last minute.  They make the heart break easier. LOL. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

Hockey was a new sport to us.

We started following college hockey while our daughter was a student at Bowling Green Ohio.

When she was younger she took some private roller skating lessons for 2 years, and thought it was lame so quit.

Well they had tryouts for the cheer-leaders for hockey team on ice so as a dare she tried out.

She went on the ice did her jumps, turns, flips and sachows all on borrowed blades.  The coach asked her where did she train, she goes I never ice skated before, just roller..................she made the squad.

Now new precision skates, and they provided the rest.

It was neat seeing her on ice, and yea she as well as us had no clue about the game at first, but we learned.

It is a whole new world.  Fans are intense and intimidating at this level.

During one break (TV) the girls threw out souvenir pucks to the fans, ours, well she threw out the game puck.

Miss those days now that she is in graduate school. 

Would love to go to Pittsburgh and see a live game.  TV is ok, but miss the excitement, and I am sure professional provides that.

Congrats again to Owen on his success.

Later

• Like 1

Hi Andrew, so happy I found your thread , your reviews are so awesome and funny. My godson Greg Pateryn plays for Minnesota Wild, he’s a defenseman. Have a great time, it’s going to be a great week following along especially when I’m at work. Eight weeks until we sail on Allure, one of our stops will be St Maarten and since we’ve done the usual walking and shopping many times, thanks to you we plan on renting beach chairs by Holland House hotel, hopefully meet Shaniqua!

Following along, this will help with my post cruise hangover! Just off Ovation and Explorer downunder! On Symphony in November for the Anniversary cruise and back on her for a B2B in January/February! 

Cheers!