clothes line in shower?

5 minutes ago, Astromaid said:

Carnival has a clothes line you can stretch across in the shower to hang wet clothes, does Royal have this? Specifically asking about Jewel of the Seas.

We had one in our Jewel JS last year.

17 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Clotheslines have been on every RCI ship I have been on

Honestly don’t remember which ships, but they are definitely not on every ship.  Remember planning to use and it wasn’t there - might have been Oasis class or Voyager class (my last cruises).

4 hours ago, Astromaid said:

Carnival has a clothes line you can stretch across in the shower to hang wet clothes, does Royal have this? Specifically asking about Jewel of the Seas.

Yes for the Jewel.  

3 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Not on the newest ships.

4 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Nothing in the Harmony bathrooms when we were on a month ago.   There are 2 odd looking clothes hangers, but no line

• Thanks 1

Had one on Oasis last week.  

I use that and the magnet hooks.  If I need to hand wash an item on a longer or B2B cruise,  I hang it in the shower until it is drip dry, then transfer it to a magnet hook in the cabin.  Don't need to leave a puddle on the carpet for the cabin attendant.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, island lady said:

I use that and the magnet hooks.  If I need to hand wash an item on a longer or B2B cruise,  I hang it in the shower until it is drip dry, then transfer it to a magnet hook in the cabin.  Don't need to leave a puddle on the carpet for the cabin attendant.  😉 

Yes! Always make sure your clothes are NOT dripping! It will sour the carpet! I'm sure everyone has experienced that in a hotel at least once. It is a horrible smell & hard to get rid of. Happens a lot in Florida hotels. Wet clothes, hot weather & high humidity, bad combo! So NO dripping clothes please!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

Yes! Always make sure your clothes are NOT dripping! It will sour the carpet! I'm sure everyone has experienced that in a hotel at least once. It is a horrible smell & hard to get rid of. Happens a lot in Florida hotels. Wet clothes, hot weather & high humidity, bad combo! So NO dripping clothes please!

Yup, the two step method worked well for me on last B2B Alaska cruise.  Several fleece pullovers to hand wash.  😉 

Edited by island lady

Just now, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

Thats a great idea so you don't have to wring things & then deal with wrinkles!

Worked very well indeed, and for the DH's flannel shirts too.  We had to pack light with all the transfers we did up there, plus would not want to send those out to RCI ship's washers...would come back as doll clothes. 😉 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, island lady said:

I just clipped my wet stuff to the back of the chair on the balcony. Dried very quickly.

14 minutes ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

Make sure you clip it or kiss it good bye! I've seen several towels, t-shirts & swim suits go flying over the years.

I use my chair hog clips to keep it in place. Never a problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

Honestly don’t remember which ships, but they are definitely not on every ship.  Remember planning to use and it wasn’t there - might have been Oasis class or Voyager class (my last cruises).

Agree, cant remember which ones have them and don't. But some that have them can be broke/missing

23 hours ago, clean1owner said:

I just clipped my wet stuff to the back of the chair on the balcony. Dried very quickly.

That works also, though there are times that the ship does not want you to leave things on the balcony.  "Hey honey...its that my swim suit flying out to sea?"