Labadee

Since Labadee is all-inclusive we didn't see the need to buy any extra activities and just posted up on the beach near the zipline and floating bar. Since we new we weren't buying into anything extra, it was well worth it for us to find this location and settle in for the day. It's great for people viewing and an easy walk from the ship.

I'd love to know what people say about the zip-line, I was tempted to do it but never committed.

It was our favorite stop on the last cruise.  We rented a cabana bed and thought it was well worth it as we wanted to just relax for the day.  We spent the day reading and napping while the attendant brought us drinks.  We would definitely rent another the next time we stop there!

On 3/19/2019 at 2:03 PM, June_B said:

Since Labadee is all-inclusive we didn't see the need to buy any extra activities and just posted up on the beach near the zipline and floating bar. Since we new we weren't buying into anything extra, it was well worth it for us to find this location and settle in for the day. It's great for people viewing and an easy walk from the ship.

I'd love to know what people say about the zip-line, I was tempted to do it but never committed.

How is Labadee all inclusive when you pay for drinks, the water park, floating water mats, water slide, zip line, jet skis, cabanas, alpine coaster, snorkle gear, etc....?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How is Labadee all inclusive when you pay for drinks, the water park, floating water mats, water slide, zip line, jet skis, cabanas, alpine coaster, snorkle gear, etc....?

We have the drink package and we won't be utilizing all of the other facilities or equipment rentals so it will be all inclusive for us.  But yeah... it is a far cry from all inclusive for the majority who will be there. I find that all the cruise line private islands tend to be more expensive than a day in a regular port of call. 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

We've been going to Labadee since 2004 and although there have been numerous enhancements since then, it is still our favourite place in the Caribbean. you can find a shady spot under a palm tree at Nellie's beach and do as much or as little as you please. If you choose to do extra you pay for it.

• Like 3

Love Labadee! Best man made beach to relax without ANY VENDORS asking me to purchase anything. Great beach day! I've spent zero dollars and $100. It just depends on how I'm feeling that day. Labadoozie is a must! You can spend the day at the beach or exploring the area. Lots of nooks and crannies to discover. 

6 hours ago, batchbunch55 said:

Do you think if we brought our own float there would be access to a place to blow it up on the island or would that be a bad idea? TIA

It's a beach.  Sit down on the sand, pucker up, and blow up anything you want. 

(If you're asking if there's an air compressor you can use for inflation, that answer would be no.)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Except for all that it's all inclusive. 😀😁😀

I was at Labadee last week.  Great day. I'm with the "love Labadee" crowd.  One of my favorite stops in the Caribbean.  We have done the zip line in the past.  Expensive?  YES.  Worth it?  Depends on you.  We loved it and might do it again.  But not too often at $100 or so a person.  We also rented a Cabana last week with another couple.  Expensive?  YES.  Worth it?  Depends on you.  I loved the shade, personal Cabana Boy service, and the privacy.  We also did a Beach Bungalow last year.  That was $200 and you could have eight people (I think).  THAT was a great deal.  They did a wonderful job keeping the Bungalow section of Columbus Cove free of non-bungalow people so you didn't have crowds, it was near a lunch venue, and near a bar.  I would definitely do that again.  

So, best things about Labadee?  Beautiful surroundings and water, relaxing beach day, availability of drinks and food, ability to do as much or as little as you like and spend as much or as little as you like.  

• Like 1

I have been to Labadee several times...this is my "beach" day and so it is rather cost effective for me!  My husband and kids did the coaster and loved it!  Zip lining and coaster are not super cheap, especially when you have several people who want to do it, but they said it was worth it.  No hagglers bothering you on the beaches, but if you are not into this, stay far away from the vendors outside the Artisian market building!!  I find that the vendors are not as bad inside the building.  No rental for beach loungers either, which is a plus!  If you have the beverage package, drinks are inclusive.  Had this last trip, and it was certainly a bonus!!  I will be back there in May and looking forward to it!  Enjoy your time in Labadee and your cruise!

We have the drink package and we won't be utilizing all of the other facilities or equipment rentals so it will be all inclusive for us.  But yeah... it is a far cry from all inclusive for the majority who will be there. I find that all the cruise line private islands tend to be more expensive than a day in a regular port of call. 

@iamcruizin Thank you for getting to this quicker than I could!

All good points, and I should have clarified. When I cruise I buy the drink package too, so I considered it all inclusive from a food/beverage standpoint. When off the ship there I didn’t need to purchase anything else.

From an activity standpoint, it’s all a la carte. We didn’t choose to do any of that because I figured it was just a relocation of being on boat to shore. Saved spending money on activities for other ports.

We found a great spot near the floating bar, free lounge chairs, easy access to the beautiful water and could people watch. Didn’t necessarily need to buy into other add ons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 2:03 PM, June_B said:

I did the zip line on our last trip to Labadee and had an absolute blast. I am afraid of heights but got through it.

Is it expensive? Yes! Is it worth it IMHO? YES!

• Like 1

We were in Labadee two weeks ago. Before that it was 1986!

She has grown up but the laid back vibe is still there.

We rented floating mats for the water and did the Alpine Coaster for $25. Passengers are free so we doubled up and rode once. A day pass is only a few bucks more. 

The zip line looked like fun , but not $100 worth of fun.

The lunch was burgers, dogs, ribs and sides. It was fine. The shopping area is a bit crazy with vendors hounding you. Take the free tram and you drive through it. The vendors can't leave their area so no selling on the beaches.

Labadee was a place to relax. It completely met its goal!

On 3/19/2019 at 1:51 PM, Linecas2 said:

How is Labadee? I haven't been there in ages and am going in May. Are the paid things to do worth it? 

The jet skis were worth it however I have to say I was put off by them taking advantage of a captive audience.  As you follow the tour guide, They make several re grouping stops throughout the jet ski tour and one of the last stops they have vendors in canoes paddle out from shore to try and sell everyone the local crafts they peddle.  Very awkward.  I would not do it again due to this.