* ms Prinsendam in Port Everglades for her FINAL sail away - March 25th, 2018 *

kazu

We have the loveliest memories of her - we sailed on the Prinsendam for our first Mediterranean cruise in 2004.  Truly, the trip of a lifetime!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 1

Three toots - always at least 3, except on the Kiel Canal and when we passed another HAL ship - It was a toot fest 😉

Farewell Elegant Lady.  We’ll miss you in Port Everglades for sure.

• Like 1

Well, dogs put up with me so I could watch this.

I must fly and take care of them now 😉 

Thanks for joining in everyone and to Lou and Dave for the webcams.

I hope everyone has a fantastic crossing.  I’ve never had a bad one on this ship 🙂. And, I will truly miss her. ❤️ 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

Three toots - always at least 3, except on the Kiel Canal and when we passed another HAL ship - It was a toot fest 😉

Farewell Elegant Lady.  We’ll miss you in Port Everglades for sure.

Did you see the video of with the Veendam in Santarem?  I think there's a link on Kathi's thread.

Roy

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

Did you see the video of with the Veendam in Santarem?  I think there's a link on Kathi's thread.

Roy

I did, Roy, thanks.

It reminded me of when we crossed another ship last year and they had a huge tooting fest to each other. 😄 

No HAL ships to intersect with us in our next itinerary.  Most ports, we are the only ship - one of the joys of the Prinsendam.

25 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Since we were too early for anyone to get a screenshot of the Prinsendam's arrival I'll post a shot of the condos from the ship (Deck 8 aft exterior stairs).

There are 3 shots of her at portfever.com   #309-311 in the 5 AM folder. None of them really great, but maybe ok for memories.

I was thrilled to be able to watch the whole departure today, including waiting for Celebrity to move their ship so I could actually SEE the Prinsendam!  She was so pretty sailing away.  I could even see my cabin and wondered who was in there this cruise.

Thanks to Jacqui for alerting us all yesterday so we wouldn't miss it!

• Like 1

So sad. My very favorite ship. The size was perfect. I still have fond memories of sailing the Elbe river and hearing the cuckoo birds from our verandah. Also, your wine tasting party in the Penthouse! Such wonderful memories. 

41 minutes ago, SeaVuPlay said:

So sad. My very favorite ship. The size was perfect. I still have fond memories of sailing the Elbe river and hearing the cuckoo birds from our verandah. Also, your wine tasting party in the Penthouse! Such wonderful memories. 

Aww thank you ❤️  on the get together.  Glad you enjoyed it.

We’re back one more time on her and I confess, there may be a tear in my eye when I disembark and realize it’s the last time 😞 

• Like 1