Does anyone else NOT like Trivia?

OCruisers

6 hours ago, donaldsc said:

You complained to the cruise director about being cheated in a trivia game.  Seems like a bit of an over response to me.

DON

The complaint was also that they did not have the common sense to recognize an answer was correct if it was not listed in their book. Really is it so hard to recognize both colts and broncos as "horsey"?

The German passengers did not much care for the way trivia disturbed their happy hour drinks in the Crow's Nest. The trivia players did not much care for the way the Germans' conversation disturbed their trivia game.

20 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Not a Brooklyn high school, but I know what high school and what is the graduation year for Jerry Seinfeld. I know because I saw his senior picture (Jerome Seinfeld with hair down to the middle of his back) in my DW's senior yearbook.

And if he is supposed to be so cool, how come he and the prettiest girl in his graduating class did not know each other?

I know which hs Seinfeld graduated from but since you did not post it I will not either. 

38 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I know which hs Seinfeld graduated from but since you did not post it I will not either. 

Please don't. It is a very closly held secret. Not even Google knows about it.🤐

Edited by DirtyDawg

4 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

I have won so many trivia contests on cruises that I likely have more cruise key chains than anyone else.

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have won so many trivia contests on cruises that I likely have more cruise key chains than anyone else.

Congrats! That would be a valuable collection.

I hope you donated some of those to Jerry. The poor guy hasn't been on network TV in ages. 😁

41 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I give most crap I win away, still have a few luggage straps, tote bags and stuff I can use, Mrs Gut has a coffee mug from a few lines, but the rest would just be junk.

We had two key rings that we won at trivia on Seabourn a few years ago.  They were nice, but not valuable of course, just gold-coloured metal.  Burglars broke into our house three years ago, looking for cash and jewellery (we assume, since they didn’t take the TV or the appliances). We don’t keep cash or nice jewellery lying around, so they took the two key rings and a cheap pair of DH’s cuff links.  They didn’t take eight Euros worth of change on the nightstand, which would have been the most valuable thing in their haul if they had.  I can just imagine the face of the guy at the We Buy Gold shop when they walked in with their handful of worthless trinkets. But Seabourn might be pleased to learn that burglars thought their key rings were good enough to steal!

Edited by lisiamc
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

But, so you know what year he graduated?

We actually knew he had gone to the same high school as DW. Once we were at my late mother-in-law's house, and Seinfeld was on tv being interviewed by Barbara Walters. He mentioned his age, and our son said he must have been in your class, Mom. We found he yearbook, and lo and behold, there he was.

If anyone is really interested, I can post the school and year of graduation.

What's the big deal about what high school Jerry Seinfeld attended?  Even if Google doesn't know, wikipedia knows.  You can look it up.  BTW I have never heard a question about anyone's high school alma mater being asked at a trivia session, so who cares if someone knows every single high school every single celebrity attended?  Not me.

You complained to the cruise director about being cheated in a trivia game.  Seems like a bit of an over response to me.

No, that's not an over response.  Complaining to the captain - that would be an over response.

The complaint was also that they did not have the common sense to recognize an answer was correct if it was not listed in their book. Really is it so hard to recognize both colts and broncos as "horsey"?

That reminds me of the trivia host who claimed that I was incorrect when I said that the femur is in the thigh, because he claimed that it was in the leg.

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

But, so you know what year he graduated?

We actually knew he had gone to the same high school as DW. Once we were at my late mother-in-law's house, and Seinfeld was on tv being interviewed by Barbara Walters. He mentioned his age, and our son said he must have been in your class, Mom. We found he yearbook, and lo and behold, there he was.

If anyone is really interested, I can post the school and year of graduation.

Massapequa HS. He will be 65 this year. The restaurant in the Seinfeld show is Tom's in Brooklyn. Tom's father ,Perry owns Perry's restaurant also in Brooklyn.

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Massapequa HS. He will be 65 this year. The restaurant in the Seinfeld show is Tom's in Brooklyn. Tom's father ,Perry owns Perry's restaurant also in Brooklyn.

Right 65, and he graduated in 1972.

And the restaurant was moved to Liberty, NY, but did not succeed as a restaurant there.

1 hour ago, Julie MacCoy said:

What's the big deal about what high school Jerry Seinfeld attended?  Even if Google doesn't know, wikipedia knows.  You can look it up.  BTW I have never heard a question about anyone's high school alma mater being asked at a trivia session, so who cares if someone knows every single high school every single celebrity attended?  Not me.

That reminds me of the trivia host who claimed that I was incorrect when I said that the femur is in the thigh, because he claimed that it was in the leg.

Maybe the trivia host cared more for where every single celebrity went to high school rather than anatomy. 😁

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Always surprised that all they give is stupid key chains. Wife and I have a time share in Disney that we go to for usually 8 weeks a year. Trivia contests there give you nice prizes maybe a beer, pizza but the best we won was a non week end day in a cabana. All the games are free.

We enjoy the trivia. If someone else wants to check google just to win  a ballpoint pen so be it. If we win, its because we knew the answers.

I like trivia in general, and on TV quiz shows ( l have been on 5 so far but only actually won anything on 1, the very first one).

It breaks up the morning on sea days, and is a good excuse for a beer in the afternoon trivia.

(Worst one we ever had was on a European cruise where we stupidly entered a sports quiz ( normally a weak subject for us anyway) - every question was on MLB, and of the "who scored blankety blank for so and so in 1948?" variety)

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I auditioned for Jeopardy,Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and The Weakest Link.My wife was a contestant on Concentration.

Some of us would enjoy having more of the above activities and a little less trivia.  :classic_wink:

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:24 AM, lenquixote66 said:

I have not donated them to anyone. I have every one that I ever won along with my prizes for winning cruise critic contests over the years

I hope they are displayed prominently in a rack of some sort in your pool room.