Creme Brulee?

Luvcrusn

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Unfortunately the M-Class ships never had Murano's.   They had Olympic, Ocean Liner, SS United states and Normandy and as you indicated  they were removed 2-4 years ago.  

I have to agree with your opinion of Tuscan and Qsine and don't bother with them even when we have free unlimited Specialty Dining with our room. 

You're absolutely right about the Ocean Liners on Mclass, but they did have a menu akin to Murano so I lumped them together.

• Like 1

On March 28, 2019 at 5:06 PM, mek said:

Wonder if it will be on Eclipse in three weeks?  I will miss it, but I'd rather have crepe suzette served once  or twice during the cruise.

We boarded the Eclipse on March 10th.  As "cruisestitch" has already posted, Creme Brûlée has been available daily.  In fact, I had it yesterday.

15 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We boarded the Eclipse on March 10th.  As "cruisestitch" has already posted, Creme Brûlée has been available daily.  In fact, I had it yesterday.

Guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks if they make changes between now and then.. Thanks

I love the creme brulee and usually have it several times on a cruise, so I hope that it is staying around. With regards to Tuscan, we had one of the best filets that we have ever eaten on Equinox last year. It was so good that we went back again,  and it was just as delicious as the first time.  I know that many people  don't like Tuscan, so perhaps it varies by ship, but we absolutely loved it. I do wish that Murano was on the M class ships because that's our favorite,  but we are looking forward to Tuscan on our upcoming Summit cruise.

On 3/27/2019 at 2:33 PM, keesar said:

As Celebrity had passed out the recipe, maybe I should make it at home and bring it onboard.  Just like people bringing water on the ship....

How many bottles of creme brulee can we take aboard without having to pay an extra fee? 😀

2 hours ago, Naughty&Nautical said:

This makes sense. Confirmed it this morning. They are getting rid of both. It’s like Downy! Millennials don’t like this stuff. No cheap tenderloin cuts or brûlée for them. Menus should change after 25 years! Get real people.

Just curious how did you confirm it and with whom?

39 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Just curious how did you confirm it and with whom?

If you must know I spoke with a reliable source that works in Miami. I’m not at liberty to release any names. They are all about pleasing the Millennials. Have no intention of retention of chronic complainers that have no good input ever. The old timers often bring no revenue. This is a business. Why would they keep things on the menu like that. The new cruiser is often Vegan or Gluten free. They also know how to tip. If they want something off menu. They can get it. Most of you with 10-20k posts and so many cruises. You have red-flag notes that pop up with every swipe of the card. Good Luck- They can say no to you. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Naughty&Nautical said:

If you must know I spoke with a reliable source that works in Miami. I’m not at liberty to release any names. They are all about pleasing the Millennials. Have no intention of retention of chronic complainers that have no good input ever. The old timers often bring no revenue. This is a business. Why would they keep things on the menu like that. The new cruiser is often Vegan or Gluten free. They also know how to tip. If they want something off menu. They can get it. Most of you with 10-20k posts and so many cruises. You have red-flag notes that pop up with every swipe of the card. Good Luck- They can say no to you. 

Thank you. Your reply told me all I needed to know. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Naughty&Nautical said:

This makes sense. Confirmed it this morning. They are getting rid of both. It’s like Downy! Millennials don’t like this stuff. No cheap tenderloin cuts or brûlée for them. Menus should change after 25 years! Get real people.

The Millennials don't have to order it, there are other options. also they are better off keeping tenderloin because their other steaks just don't cut it.

Creme Brulee was not on available every night on the edge last week as a classic desert. However, you could request it be specially made(24-hour notice), and the kitchen would make it for the person who requested the Creme Brulee.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, J_Kepler said:

That is unfortunate because it is such a nice small finish to a meal that isn't too heavy like ice cream or cake.

I hate to burst you bubble, but creme brûlée is quite caloric. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 5:18 PM, K12Guy said:

Well, it requires 40% milk fat cream and that cream diminishes proportionally with each day of travel, and salt water makes it worse, so there's that. By the end of the cruise it will be nothing more than Skim Brulee, which may not be good. (Ok, I just made this up, but maybe it will make us feel better, right?) You heard about it on the internet so it must be true.

LOL

In both of my past restaurants and to this day in my own kitchen I have found that unopened refrigerated heavy cream along with products like half and half have very good shelf lives before they begin in any way to degrade in any way.

According to the dept of agriculture unopened heavy cream will generally stay at ***BEST*** quality for about 2 to 3 weeks after the date on the package, assuming it has been continuously refrigerated.

Fear not the tasty treat called Creme Brulee while cruising if they serve it.. LOL

🙂

Yeah, in the major cities i think creme brule has not only just fallen out of favor,  even having it on the menu makes people turn up their noses and it's a sign that the restaurant is not a trendy foody place.  It's kind of boring.

I would be surprised if they made it unavailable though given how popular it is with the non metropolitan-hipster-foody crowd.

Edited by UnorigionalName

On 3/27/2019 at 12:28 PM, Luvcrusn said:

Yes, I saw that too. While not happy about the beef, that may be understandable (not acceptable) from a cost perspective, but Crème Brulee, being an everyday dessert item, a customer favorite, and a dessert that's quickly made with inexpensive, relatively cheap, plentiful, easy to access ingredients makes no sense at all.

Creme Brûlée is one of our Celebrity favorite desserts as well as Crepe Suzette.   Of course, the Crepe Suzette serving is now about 1/10 the size of the original.  Is Celebrity trying to become Carnival?

2 hours ago, UnorigionalName said:

Yeah, in the major cities i think creme brule has not only just fallen out of favor,  even having it on the menu makes people turn up their noses and it's a sign that the restaurant is not a trendy foody place.  It's kind of boring.

I would be surprised if they made it unavailable though given how popular it is with the non metropolitan-hipster-foody crowd.

Their loss, it tastes good.  

• Like 2

On 3/28/2019 at 7:56 PM, Langley Cruisers said:

Lovely. 😊 I have never eaten Creme Brulée on any cruise ship. Does anyone have a picture, specific to Celebrity?

Oh, you don't know what you are missing.  I hope it's not true that they are doing away with it.  I had it several times on the Silhouette last month 😍 

It has the most amazing creme topped with perfectly hardened carmalized sugar crust.  YUM!

Now, I want it...😞... but I'm not on a Celebrity cruise 😂

IMG_20190325_195708.jpg

• Like 2