NCL put a countdown clock on their Take 5 Promo LOL !!!

takeadip

Im Dying here!!!! been laughing for about an hour...

NCL actually put a countdown clock on their take 5 promo!!! 

Right...like that promo will ever go away...

Do you realize the revenue NCL gets from the take 5 promo??????

that PROMO is here to stay...

they have EXTENDED the exact promo for the last 14 months...

Where do they go from here??????

Best,

Mark

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I've seen it before, only to have it renewed over and over.  False urgency to entice you to book.....NOW.

And it's a little misleading -- like the "Friends and Family Free" is only on sailings when our kids are in school, so that's not something we usually get to choose.  "Free Shore Excurions" aren't free -- $50 per port per stateroom gets you exactly nothing.  But I'm sure their lawyers have vetted everything!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, takeadip said:

they have EXTENDED the exact promo for the last 14 months...

Actually, they had a much better promo running November through February where you could get all six perks (including airfare as the 6th) on a balcony or above. This is just their old promo where you only get two perks with a balcony, except airfare is back to being a separate thing on specific sailings like it was back in October.

Just now, JamieLogical said:

Actually, they had a much better promo running November through February where you could get all six perks (including airfare as the 6th) on a balcony or above. This is just their old promo where you only get two perks with a balcony, except airfare is back to being a separate thing on specific sailings like it was back in October.

I booked a little before November (I Think) and was given KSF (kids sail free) and all TAXES FREE...it worked out to be the best priced cruise for a suite we have sailed on...now that they added back in the kids price and the taxes the exact same (mock booking) is $1200 more then what we paid....and i check every day....57 days to go and we will be on the Dawn out of NYC....soooo excited......

2 hours ago, mdsgu said:

I've seen it before, only to have it renewed over and over.  False urgency to entice you to book.....NOW.

And it's a little misleading -- like the "Friends and Family Free" is only on sailings when our kids are in school, so that's not something we usually get to choose.  "Free Shore Excurions" aren't free -- $50 per port per stateroom gets you exactly nothing.  But I'm sure their lawyers have vetted everything!

I chose the excursions for a cruise with nine port stops in 2020. I have already booked two that will cost me less than $20 for both after the credit. Gets me absolutely something, at no extra cost for grats. Works for me.

Sometimes the perks and extras within the take 5 are different. For example, I got $50 OBC pp and unlimited wifi when I booked. Generally, there's no OBC (unless you go through a TA) and the WiFi is a 125-min package.

But yes, you're right. It's been going on for-ev-ver.

4 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

I chose the excursions for a cruise with nine port stops in 2020. I have already booked two that will cost me less than $20 for both after the credit. Gets me absolutely something, at no extra cost for grats. Works for me.

THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT DEAL!!

I WOULD DO THE SAME.

8 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

Wait until you go on those excursions.  They will be a miserable waste of time.  Been there,  done that.

10 minutes ago, Love my butler said:

Wait until you go on those excursions.  They will be a miserable waste of time.  Been there,  done that.

As they say, don't yuck my yum. I have done many ship excursions, some better than others, but I enjoy them. Everyone is different and has different reasons for traveling.

23 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Goodness sakes, it's called advertising and marketing.  It's nothing new.

thanks, glad someone else realizes this. Companies make money on such advertising. Oh it might change a little from time to time, but the "its ending soon" is meant to get people moving asap. Smart move in my opinion.

23 hours ago, takeadip said:

I booked a little before November (I Think) and was given KSF (kids sail free) and all TAXES FREE...it worked out to be the best priced cruise for a suite we have sailed on...now that they added back in the kids price and the taxes the exact same (mock booking) is $1200 more then what we paid....and i check every day....57 days to go and we will be on the Dawn out of NYC....soooo excited......

We sail KSF all the time. I have never seen taxes free too. 

Other than waiting until tomorrow when the current promo ends, is there any way to find out in advance what new promo will start?  For example, NCL occasionally runs the "all offers included" for balconies and above, instead of 1 offer for inside, 2 offers for oceanview/balcony/mini-suite, and all offers for high-end rooms.