NOT MUCH LONGER............COLORS........

Lois R

9 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Sounds delightful!  Enjoy!!!

Thank you so much:classic_smile: I am really ready to just relax.  We are doing some ports I have never visited but not even

sure I want to get off the ship!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crystalspin said:

@Lois R

What *are* your ports?

I think you have made a good match with your ship! Not so overwhelming.

Key West----LOVE IT there:classic_biggrin:...I may walk around on Duval Street...….

Saint Thomas, Guatemala---never been there

Belize---never been there either

Cozumel----staying on the ship...…..

• Like 1

Key West was one port I was really looking forward to but we had to skip because of the terrible storms in the area (Dec 23) 😞 Ah well. The cruise was pretty port- intensive for me (my MIL chose the cruise and she hates sea days - I love them) so having an extra day at sea was lovely for me. This isn't your first SS cruise, right - you went a couple years ago? Sounds like a lovely first post-retirement cruise!

Good morning, nope, not my first with them. It is my 3rd with them but first on this ship and my 4th one is coming

in April:classic_biggrin:….that is the BIG post retirement trip.  TA crossing for 16 nights----if you love sea days? You would

love this cruise....8 in row before the first land stop.  Anyway, after we end in Barcelona I fly to Lisbon

for 3 nights land trip and then a 7 night river cruise on the Douro followed by 2 nights in Madrid.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, nope, not my first with them. It is my 3rd with them but first on this ship and my 4th one is coming

in April:classic_biggrin:….that is the BIG post retirement trip.  TA crossing for 16 nights----if you love sea days? You would

love this cruise....8 in row before the first land stop.  Anyway, after we end in Barcelona I fly to Lisbon

for 3 nights land trip and then a 7 night river cruise on the Douro followed by 2 nights in Madrid.

Wow, that sounds incredible :)   & your upcoming SS Carib sounds very relaxing....  we've done only one Carib cruise, & the best days for me were port days where everyone got off, & I stayed on & read a book or played cards...  an actual "vacation" vacation :)   Very different from our usual go, go go trips.   Next up for us is Alaska in May.  First time.    

Enjoy your cruise & retirement

9 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Wow, that sounds incredible :)   & your upcoming SS Carib sounds very relaxing....  we've done only one Carib cruise, & the best days for me were port days where everyone got off, & I stayed on & read a book or played cards...  an actual "vacation" vacation :)   Very different from our usual go, go go trips.   Next up for us is Alaska in May.  First time.    

Enjoy your cruise & retirement

Thank you so much:classic_smile:, funny how we all have such different experiences. You have only done 1 Caribbean cruise?

I am thinking out of my first 10 cruises taken----8 were Caribbean sailings LOL....I haven't been in quite a few years

at this point in time though. And I get it---everyone gets off the ship when in port and very few folks stay on board

and it is like having your own private yacht!:classic_biggrin:

Hope you enjoy Alaska----I have been 3 times and love it!

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Thank you so much:classic_smile:, funny how we all have such different experiences. You have only done 1 Caribbean cruise?

I am thinking out of my first 10 cruises taken----8 were Caribbean sailings LOL....I haven't been in quite a few years

at this point in time though. And I get it---everyone gets off the ship when in port and very few folks stay on board

and it is like having your own private yacht!:classic_biggrin:

Hope you enjoy Alaska----I have been 3 times and love it!

Very excited for Alaska!   Definitely will not be staying onboard :)

On 1/5/2020 at 5:31 AM, aungrl said:

Thanks, Lois, appreciate the color.  Azamara isn’t a line we’ve ever thought much about, but I’ve heard several comments that are similar to yours in the past couple of years, but not necessarily from experienced cruisers.  So your perspective is really helpful.  BTW, I saw on a different thread your note about upcoming radiation - all the best with that as you go through it!

We've not sailed Azamara but being destination/port oriented we're interested. When I read that they had a post-dinner musical program at/in Ephesus in Greece I dang near swooned 🙂

6 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Lois, look at Chicos spring offerings...almost all shades of purple...thought instantly of you!

Good morning----thanks for the tip:classic_biggrin:....I was in the store yesterday actually LOL...they are still receiving

new merchandise and the purple's are not all in yet.  I do have some in my wardrobe already.  I will be packing

on Tuesday so maybe I will switch out a pair of my black slacks for one of my purple ones:classic_smile:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Lois, not sure if you've left for your cruise already, but if not,   Bon Voyage :classic_biggrin:

Good morning😁I am in Ft Lauderdale getting ready to go out for breakfast. Thanks for the send off😀

• Like 3

Hi girls, back home last night...…….I overpacked but the weight limit in the checked bag was only about 41 lbs.

I had several tops I never wore.

Oh, the seas were VERY, VERY choppy:classic_blink:...….VERY WEIRD for January!!!!

• Like 1

Hoping one of my longtime friends checks in here...…..LOL...….:classic_biggrin:

My next cruise is in April......taking a TA crossing for 16 nights...then 3 nights in Lisbon.....then another 7

nights on a river cruise on the Douro and then 2 more nights in Madrid.

After my recent cruise (it was only 7 nights) I am trying to figure out the best way to pack for this trip.

River cruises are much more casual (I have done 2 previously).  For this trip......I am trying to figure

the best way to pack...anyone do an April crossing? I am under the impression it may be cool.

Going from Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona and then flying to Lisbon...wondering if should just bring

6/7 pair of pants and then tops....lots of them LOL...no shorts or capri's….well, maybe 1 pair LOL

And just alternate my pants for the entire trip? The river cruise? During the day it is jeans...so out of

those 7..2 pair of jeans and then 5 pair of "slacks".

And for those of you who seem to think a carry on is the only way to travel? Sorry, I am not in that group.:classic_smile:

Thanks for any suggestions.

If u r flying from Barca to Lisbon check your hold luggage allowance it may be as little as 15kg possibly 20kg. A TA in april will be cooler as you head east with temps in Barca maybe 50-60, possibly with showers. Europe is cooler in spring than people think, I know lots last year who did end of April cruises in the med and complained it wasn't real hot 🙄🤔 Best advice is to pack layers and for comfort, your slacks and tops sounds good to me. If you take capris take a dark colour like navy or black so you can wear them by day but dress up at night with heels and a fancy top. Hope you have a great trip. 

Edited by 2BACRUISER
  • Like 1

Hi, thanks for the reply:classic_smile:.....15kg = 33 lbs....are you referring to the larger checked bag? Or the carry on?

My carry on doesn't way nearly 15kg....if it is larger bag? I will just have to pay whatever it is....I usually end

up having about 20 kgs…...or 44 lbs...…..(I do pounds LOL).

Hi Lois,

I'm already trying to work on my wardrobe for the crossing, but I don't have the additional excitement of heading straight to a river cruise afterwards. That sounds like an awesome trip! I think it will be cool for most of the crossing, and I'm trying to decide what to bring with me.

Sometimes it's not a question of just paying more - we've had to unload carry-on bags into checked luggage when overweight. So make sure you read the fine print to see if the weight limit is a HARD limit or if you can just pay more for more weight.....

• Like 2