Oasis incident at Freeport Shipyard

6 minutes ago, fsjosh said:

Looking at the pics on this thread, the seating areas of the aquatheater are largely undamaged. The screens are probably toast. The railings are surely smashed. Who knows what damage the pool elevator took when the crane landed on it. Theres some balcony damage, but nothing that would affect the theater being used as a muster station. 

Or for imaginative theater 🙂  Or put the passengers to work, have them sit and come up with ideas for the next AT show!  I can see the compass blurb now "Have you ever wanted to design a new production show?  Come to the Aqua Theater today and put on your best creative caps!  Tell us your ideas for shows that you'd love to see using the Aqua Theater venue"

Or a Behind the Scenes tour different than the usual since you can watch them put it back together:

"Come watch and learn how this marvel at sea is built from within"

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Or for imaginative theater 🙂  Or put the passengers to work, have them sit and come up with ideas for the next AT show!  I can see the compass blurb now "Have you ever wanted to design a new production show?  Come to the Aqua Theater today and put on your best creative caps!  Tell us your ideas for shows that you'd love to see using the Aqua Theater venue"

Or a Behind the Scenes tour different than the usual since you can watch them put it back together:

"Come watch and learn how this marvel at sea is built from within"

The cost of welding goggles for everyone would outweigh the tour charge.

I am sure some cruisers will take the time to watch the repairs being done when they sail (if they are not already done) in the Aqua Theatre.  From balconies or by the last bar across from Johnny Rockets.   (Unless they somehow put up a massive security drape to prevent pictures).

Only time will tell.

Just saying.

Safe travels.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShillyShally said:

LOL true, I could now see RCL logoed goggles as part of this "exclusive" BTS tour!

"For this very special BTS tour, you will be required to wear long pants, steel toe boots, welding leathers and a hard hat".  Those without will unfortunately forfeit their fee.  Please pack accordingly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

"For this very special BTS tour, you will be required to wear long pants, steel toe boots, welding leathers and a hard hat".  Those without will unfortunately forfeit their fee.  Please pack accordingly.

That's a great work around - they can advertise and expect no one will have packed accordingly!  Not to say there won't be some passenger with odd packing habits or like my oldest when we went on a recent trip - she packed her hard hat and work boots in her luggage since she met me at the airport directly from a client meeting at a project she's in charge of (she's an engineer).  So had she needed those, she would have had them 🙂

32 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

We need to add fire...

maxresdefault.jpg

I know some stick in the mud will say "no fire on a ship." Pooh, pooh. We have the technology! lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pratique said:

We need to add fire...

maxresdefault.jpg

I know some stick in the mud will say "no fire on a ship." Pooh, pooh. We have the technology! lol

I would be ALL about this sort of show!  Yes I'm impressed by diving and acrobatics, especially on a moving ship but FIRE 🙂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

I have all those things, if I agree to help out can I cruise for free?

6 minutes ago, Pratique said:

We need to add fire...

maxresdefault.jpg

Looks like the MDR just before the sprinklers go off when they do the Bananas Foster in the wrong spot.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

I would be ALL about this sort of show!  Yes I'm impressed by diving and acrobatics, especially on a moving ship but FIRE 🙂

Right?!!! How cool would those Royal Caribbean advertisements be now?

I helped build the fire barge for the nighttime show on the lagoon at Epcot many many moons ago. Floating fire, I know a thing or two. 😉

lol If not real fire or Bananas Foster then simulated fire. We have the tech!

3 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Right?!!! How cool would those Royal Caribbean advertisements be now?

I helped build the fire barge for the nighttime show on the lagoon at Epcot many many moons ago. Floating fire, I know a thing or two. 😉

lol If not real fire or Bananas Foster then simulated fire. We have the tech!

Super cool, I love techno effects!  I'm envisioning something like the nighttime show in front of Treasure Island in Vegas with the pirates and the ships.  A dark ode to sailing of the past!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

More importantly, where will the men's belly flop contest be held if the Aqua theater is not operational? Now that's tragic!

The bellyflop contest hast been held in the aquatheatre in over a year.  There were safety concerns aS there are cubbyholes that the scuba divers use to provide support for the aqua show.  The fear is that someone could get disoriented and get stuck in there.  

The bellyflop competitions are held held at one of the pools.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

I expect it's more popular up on the pool deck - that is the thing about the Aqua Theater, except for shows/activities, you don't really hang in that area whereas on the pool deck people will lounge the day away (not making judgement, I'm usually a shade lounger myself).

I much preferred the Aquatheatre.  Hard to get a spot that you can see very well up by the pool.  At the Aquatheatre everyone had a great view.