Twin or Queen - Princess will let me know what I need

damiross

Over the past couple of months I've noticed that Princess wants my wife and I to sleep like Rob and Laura - in separate beds! .  I've looked at the personalizer and often is shows twin beds rather than queen, even though I requested queen and the travel agent requested queen.

Anybody else having this issue? 

I noticed on our recent cruise, our late traditional dining time was changed to anytime???  We have never done anytime.  I wondered because we have been going to the Crown Grill a lot and doing the buffet as our own form of anytime.    Maybe princess is tracking this and assigned us to anytime dining... ??

35 minutes ago, damiross said:

Over the past couple of months I've noticed that Princess wants my wife and I to sleep like Rob and Laura - in separate beds! .  I've looked at the personalizer and often is shows twin beds rather than queen, even though I requested queen and the travel agent requested queen.

Anybody else having this issue? 

Never.

Tony

It doesn’t matter what our Personalizer says, our bed(s) are the way the last occupants left them. 

I type a note for our steward requesting the queen configuration, no duvet, top sheet and blanket instead, and extra pillows. 

I also ask for ice replenished at night.  

That’s it, and I don’t have to bother him again. 

That way he knows our needs up front and can take care of them when he’s ready. 

So far we have always received what we requested concerning bed configuration and dining assignment.  We were on the CB two weeks ago and were very pleased to see that Princess is now including a top sheet when they make up the beds.  We used to have to ask our room steward for it on our previous cruises.

Easy to change in the cruise personlizer. Where it says twin beds, click and change to queen or visa versa. If it isn't what you want when you board just ask the cabin steward to change it.

Note: If you are 3 or 4 people staying in a cabin with overhead berths then the lower berths will be in the twin configuration. There may be a few cabins where a queen is not possible. Check the deck plans on the Princess web site. It will be noted.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Can't change your bed type in the personalizer, you have to call in.  Most likely those cabins that are showing twin beds are actually quad cabins and most of those can only be twin beds.  

I have a Handicapped Accessible quad cabin on the Ruby Princess next year, travelling solo, and have the Queen bed. Will be interesting to see how I cope with an inside cabin.

21 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Don't worry about it.

Once onboard just get Stewart to put them together.

I never even look at that in personalizer.

It sometimes never jives with what's onboard anyway.

I see Stewart is back again messing with pax again.  😂

I always check and double check the personalizer for our cruises to make sure the bed arrangement and dinner reservations are what I want.  I have never had a problem in those areas and have never seen them change.  I have occasionally had to change them immediately after a booking but that is why I check it.  The personalizer works great so use it.    

Boarded once and had a Queen, both daughter and myself didn’t want this, we had requested twins.  Found our steward told him we wanted twins when he had time, went to lunch, came back all fixed.  Ask nicely, no demands generally all gets done.

On all my cruises, we have gone from queen to twins, depending on our mood and have changed in personalizer too.  Every time we arrived to our stateroom the beds have been in the correct configuration.  If not, just ask the steward to fix.

At least you have a choice.

Doing a cruise on Disney for my kids/grandkids, and they have queen bed only; no choice in the matter!  Yes family rooms have a pullman style  fold down bed; a murphy bed; and a upper bunk bed, but no twin beds.  At least my DH will have a choice of three ways to sleep as DW will have the queen bed!  Grin.

Pooh

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2019 at 6:49 PM, Thrak said:

Are you booked in a cabin that can take 4 people and has bunks on the walls?

I'm booked on Sky Princess with my wife and child and I can't change from twin to Queen on the Cruise Personalizer.

I think is because the bunks on the walls. If I ask the steward could she/he accommodate the queen configuration even with the bunks on the walls?

If not, does anyone know which interior cabins on Sky Princess can manage a Queen configuration with 3 persons on the room? I can't find any. 

Edited by carlosalonsor

18 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

I'm booked on Sky Princess with my wife and child and I can't change from twin to Queen on the Cruise Personalizer.

I think is because the bunks on the walls. If I ask the steward could she/he accommodate the queen configuration even with the bunks on the walls?

You can ask & he'll likely do it for you, BUT in order to make up the bunk he'll have to stand on the bed. Not an ideal situation.

• Thanks 1

There are no 3 person inside cabins. All of them that can be booked for 3 are setup for 4. I have heard of some people having success getting the steward to configure the lower bunks as a queen but it makes it a real pain for the steward. It will likely be best to go with the twin configuration.

• Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:36 PM, skynight said:

Easy to change in the cruise personlizer. Where it says twin beds, click and change to queen or visa versa. If it isn't what you want when you board just ask the cabin steward to change it.

Note: If you are 3 or 4 people staying in a cabin with overhead berths then the lower berths will be in the twin configuration. There may be a few cabins where a queen is not possible. Check the deck plans on the Princess web site. It will be noted.

I'm booked in a Handicapped Accessible Interior Stateroom on the Ruby Princess in February, 2020 and am listed as having a queen bed-travelling solo, that might be the reason I get the queen bed, no one else in the stateroom.

On 4/29/2019 at 10:47 PM, JF - retired RRT said:

You can ask & he'll likely do it for you, BUT in order to make up the bunk he'll have to stand on the bed. Not an ideal situation.

On 4/30/2019 at 1:24 AM, Thrak said:

There are no 3 person inside cabins. All of them that can be booked for 3 are setup for 4. I have heard of some people having success getting the steward to configure the lower bunks as a queen but it makes it a real pain for the steward. It will likely be best to go with the twin configuration.

Thank you!

I'll better book a Deluxe Balcony with sofa bed to avoid this issue!