Wristband instead of seapass card

They can't be used at port, but they can be used to purchase things on the ship, and unlock the cabin door. 

However, I found that, unlike the newer cards, they can de-rezz and stop working. Which can be a pain if you've just walked up six flights and can't get into your cabin. Ask me how I know... Fortunately, that only happened to us once, and Guest Services was able to get them working again. But after that we always carried our seapass cards as a backup. 

Also keep in mind that every time you buy something, you have to take it off and put it back on.... EVERYTIME you want something...  That could be a pain in the butt at times..  Just my two cents..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ScottVV said:

Also keep in mind that every time you buy something, you have to take it off and put it back on.... EVERYTIME you want something...  That could be a pain in the butt at times..  Just my two cents..

I rarely took mine off on the Anthem, I just laid my wrist on the scanner and went on my way. Bars, gift shop, etc. You could take it off if you wanted to, but why?

Edited by dacsmom
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Robo1098 said:

The card is waterproof also. It doesn't hurt it to get wet.

I honestly don't see an advantage to the wrist band. The card is waterproof, you can keep it in your swimsuit if going into the pool. I bought this cell phone case and it's great to keep my Sea Pass and ID in. Plus my Samsung S7 is waterproof to certain depths so I don't have to worry about that either and it has a great camera so I leave the big camera for special times. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C6FRXHO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We used them last year on the Anthem and loved them. So easy to get into the room, especially when hands were full. At the bars it was hit or miss whether we had to take them off. I wish they had them on the Allure!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SakeDad said:

The card is waterproof, you can keep it in your swimsuit if going into the pool.

Hmm, my swimsuit does not have any pockets to put my card in... So I prefer the WOW Band - also for the Fitness Center. I can´t lose it, forget it and it doesn´t fall down.

Be aware that you can reuse the WOW Bands on other ships (Quantum Class, Harmony, Symphony). I reused mine from Quantum and Anthem both on Harmony and Symphony. On Symphony one got replaced for free as it had the muster station printed on it (I think that was the one from the Anthem).

steamboats

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steamboats said:

Hmm, my swimsuit does not have any pockets to put my card in... So I prefer the WOW Band - also for the Fitness Center. I can´t lose it, forget it and it doesn´t fall down.

Be aware that you can reuse the WOW Bands on other ships (Quantum Class, Harmony, Symphony). I reused mine from Quantum and Anthem both on Harmony and Symphony. On Symphony one got replaced for free as it had the muster station printed on it (I think that was the one from the Anthem).

steamboats

Great to know!! Thanks

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, steamboats said:

steamboats

image.png.307d9dfa167b841f7e7b6a6eb5b4577f.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sailor05 said:

We used them last year on the Anthem and loved them. So easy to get into the room, especially when hands were full. At the bars it was hit or miss whether we had to take them off. I wish they had them on the Allure!

^^^ This, 1,000%

I love them at Disney.  The way Disney designed them you never have to take them off and you can even buy "bling" for them.

It's good to know they are reusable as well.  My parents live near Disney so we usually go once or twice a year and it's nice to go onto their website and just reactivate the one you are wearing for your visit.  Plus at Disney I can control who has "purchase power" on their band.  I never carry cash or my credit card while I'm at Disney and if you lose the wristband no one can use it because all purchases at Disney require a PIN (like Target's credit card).

Edited by PopeyeDaSailor

20 hours ago, PopeyeDaSailor said:

So Symphony I would imagine would offer it.  I'm looking to buy waterproof carrying containers but if I can get a RFID waterproof wristband then I won't need it.

The SeaPass card is water proof.

I have been in the pool and hot tub with mine on a lanyard many times.