Doggie Bag?

Can I take a doggie bag say from a specialty restaurant if I don't finish what I order? I hate wasting food and sometimes, since I have paid extra for it, would prefer my leftovers to something I can get at the windjammer for breakfast or lunch.

Also, often the refrigerators are simple coolers rather than true refrigerators  and won't keep an item cold enough for safe eating later.

but, I guess if you have a dog on board.........Wait....... that is another thread!

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Bring baggies with you.  Put the leftover food in the baggie.  Seal.  Put it inside your ice bucket and put the ice bucket in your refrigerator.

See, Mon's really do know best!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Bring baggies with you.  Put the leftover food in the baggie.  Seal.  Put it inside your ice bucket and put the ice bucket in your refrigerator.

Brilliant idea. I've saved bacon strips from breakfast to make blt's at lunch. Put them in a baggie  on ice but never thought about that refrig/cooler. That would provide great insulation!

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

And you can then take it off the ship 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hogbay said:

And you can then take it off the ship 

No, you cannot. The only things you can take off the ship are factory sealed items such as packets of crackers, nuts, little cereal boxes, protein bars and the like. 

Since it could be used for sharing with others back in the room; say parents get UDP and order multiple entrees and bring pasta, most of a steak and fixings back for teens to eat right then, it's probably something RCCL should NOT allow for those with the unlimited plan. If specialty dining not related to Unlimited, fine, but likely not a great idea (outside of dessert) for the reasons mentioned above and a hassle for servers.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, briehon said:

Can I take a doggie bag say from a specialty restaurant if I don't finish what I order? I hate wasting food and sometimes, since I have paid extra for it, would prefer my leftovers to something I can get at the windjammer for breakfast or lunch.

Just bring your dog 🐶! 😂

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jimnbigd said:

You might be able to take a doggie bag, but you won't have any way to heat it up. I've taken dessert to-go from the dining room to eat later that night.

What about if I bring one of these to heat up my leftover lobster ?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-0-7-Cu-Ft-700W-White-Microwave-with-10-Power-Levels/54189709

😂🤣😃