"Laundry" services on Princess - what all is offered?

voljeep

well aware of the self-service, machines, tokens, irons and ironing boards ...

Going to spend a couple days pre-cruise, so 'may' want to send a few things when we first get on the ship

to use later during the cruise

I'm 'guessing' we just put them in some kind of bag left in the room - mark our 'ticket' , then give them to Stewart

I hope someone will post a printable pic of that ticket ...

Next - what actually happens in the laundry room? - I'm again guessing that our clothes are kept separate in some

kind of bag - then 'processed' with the other passengers ? - are the clothes kept 'in the bag' during the washing process ?

I also know that there is no more "dry" cleaning ... but some kind of other process - is that what we should choose for

shorts / shirts ? - I've read a few threads about the high temps used and the dreaded 'shrinkage'

never used that Princess service ... but since it's an included perk ...well

Anyway - thanks to all who respond

The bags are paper, so no, it's not kept in the bag.

All items are tagged with an identifier then washed or dry cleaned and pressed unless you request no pressing. You will be charged when it's done and a credit for that charge will then appear within 24 hours.

On my recent cruises they now requested that no cleaning be sent in the last 3 days. 

Being that the cruise is a 4 day, you won't be able to do much cleaning.  Probably just what you bring on that needs to be cleaned and possibly stuff from your first day. 

As others have said, it's a white paper bag that gets sent down. You put your name and cabin number on the front of the bag where (you'll see where to do this)  Fill out the included form where you will put your name, cabin number and mark off each kind of item and put the entire form into the bag.  I take a picture with my phone of what the tag looks like so I have proof of what I sent in.  If you don't see your steward you can simply leave it on the bed and they will take it when the come into your suite. 

You can have anything either laundered or their version of "dry cleaning".  The water they use to wash is extremely hot so I wouldn't put anything in there that you don't mind shrinking a bit.  I have sent things out to be "cleaned" and have not had much issue.  They are great at pressing shirts but boy not my husband's khaki golf shorts.  

OP: take the Ultimate Ship Tour and they'll show you how it's done.

As stated the clothes (with some exceptions) have a tag attached (usually stuck on in an inconspicuous place that's guaranteed to irritate your skin if you can't find it).

I wouldn't choose "dry" cleaning for shorts/shirts (exception maybe dress shirts), but we don't pack newer clothes for the ship. If it gets ruined, it's no great loss.

We've been Elite for at least our last 8 cruises and never had any thing get ruined or shrink. I know from postings here that it does happen.

2 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Being that the cruise is a 4 day, you won't be able to do much cleaning.  Probably just what you bring on that needs to be cleaned and possibly stuff from your first day. 

As others have said, it's a white paper bag that gets sent down. You put your name and cabin number on the front of the bag where (you'll see where to do this)  Fill out the included form where you will put your name, cabin number and mark off each kind of item and put the entire form into the bag.  I take a picture with my phone of what the tag looks like so I have proof of what I sent in.  If you don't see your steward you can simply leave it on the bed and they will take it when the come into your suite. 

You can have anything either laundered or their version of "dry cleaning".  The water they use to wash is extremely hot so I wouldn't put anything in there that you don't mind shrinking a bit.  I have sent things out to be "cleaned" and have not had much issue.  They are great at pressing shirts but boy not my husband's khaki golf shorts.  

I seem to remember someone telling me that I had to book the following cruise to get my laundry back. So I deferred......

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

yes - the pre-cruise clothes that we/I may need later like day 3 or even day 4 to head back home ... just writing that seems so depressing ...:classic_sad:

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

Here's a copy of the Laundry form. Accidentally uploaded 2 diff. copies and for some reason am unable to delete one of them.

Tom

Laundry Prices-Feb 2014.jpg

Laundry tag list.jpg

Edited by Pierlesscruisers
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

well aware of the self-service, machines, tokens, irons and ironing boards ...

Going to spend a couple days pre-cruise, so 'may' want to send a few things when we first get on the ship

to use later during the cruise

I'm 'guessing' we just put them in some kind of bag left in the room - mark our 'ticket' , then give them to Stewart

Next - what actually happens in the laundry room? - I'm again guessing that our clothes are kept separate in some

kind of bag - then 'processed' with the other passengers ? - are the clothes kept 'in the bag' during the washing process ?

I also know that there is no more "dry" cleaning ... but some kind of other process - is that what we should choose for

shorts / shirts ? - I've read a few threads about the high temps used and the dreaded 'shrinkage'

never used that Princess service ... but since it's an included perk ...well

Anyway - thanks to all who respond

Although I am Elite, I don't send my clothes out to the laundry. I actually don't mind doing to the laundry in the laundromat.  Since I exercise each day, it is easier to do laundry then to drag more clothes with me. 

Three weeks from tomorrow I will be flying down to Fort Lauderdale !

Sali

9 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Oh those little laundry tags....

After being on a few cruises where we have had laundry done...

We still keep finding things which still have tags on them..... months later

Cheers Don

I was very lucky then, my Room Steward warned me to check for and remove all pins, showing me what to look for, which was a GREAT help. I gave him a Consumate Host nomination, and showed him what I'd written about him. He was stunned at the comprehensive detail I'd provided of the various ways he'd helped me on my 1st cruise. I REALLY appreciated his careful guidance, it was my 1st ever cruise!

19 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

Here's a copy of the Laundry form. Accidentally uploaded 2 diff. copies and for some reason am unable to delete one of them.

Tom

Laundry Prices-Feb 2014.jpg

Laundry tag list.jpg

Thank you for the list.Where it states 'Other' can I just write 'Cardigan' and they will price it and clean it?

25 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Thank you for the list.Where it states 'Other' can I just write 'Cardigan' and they will price it and clean it?

Cardigans sweaters, just button it up 1st