movies on tV

dubroben22

Are movies on TV free for all the cabins or only for suites?

I have only been on one cruise on GEM  in OS and they were free, but this time i am going on Escape in MS.

My 6 year old son loves a movie a day (even if it is the same one - he watched Hotel Transylvania 3 during our last cruise maybe 8 times)

Movies are (were) free in Haven and full suites (Gem/Jewel/Dawn, etc.) but not mini's - interactive stateroom TV has a typical library of about 60 fairly recent selections to choose from, $10 per movie.

Free movies are limited and repeated during the week on the designated TV channel, also shown on big screen in the atrium lobby.  

Other option - load up that Fire HD tablet w. a 64GB or 128GB microSD card, download from one's favorite source like Amazon or (we sideloaded PlayStore & used Google Movies also) to keep more than 3 dozen videos for playback when offline.   The 10" Fire HD was on sale just last week for $100 and it's sturdy, take a beating when dropped and continue to work ... keeping our iPad/Air 2 free for other things when traveling  

I was just on the Escape a little over a week ago. There are pay-per-view movies available for $10/movie. Otherwise, there is one movie channel that plays the same movies over and over throughout the week. Most of those seemed to be more adult-oriented movies though. I saw Ocean's 8, Solo, and Infinity War on the movie channel on our sailing.

15 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I was just on the Escape a little over a week ago. There are pay-per-view movies available for $10/movie. Otherwise, there is one movie channel that plays the same movies over and over throughout the week. Most of those seemed to be more adult-oriented movies though. I saw Ocean's 8, Solo, and Infinity War on the movie channel on our sailing.

our problem is trying to find what time the movies are on? It seems we flip one on and it is already 1/2 over. then we don't know when it will start again. 

• Like 1

On the Jewel there are 4 different free movie channels by categories.  A schedule was available for the entire week, just ask.  On each channel the same movies are repeated over and over again.  One of the movies on the comedy channel was GroundHog Day.  Crazy Rich Asians was available.

4 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

our problem is trying to find what time the movies are on? It seems we flip one on and it is already 1/2 over. then we don't know when it will start again. 

53 minutes ago, myjillian said:

There should be a tv in your room , if not , ask your room steward for one. I hope you will be enrolling your son in a childrens program.  I'm sure he'll love it 

4 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

I agree. It would be helpful if they provided a tv-guide channel. It would greatly help parents plan times where they could occupy their children’s time for an hour or 2, to allow for some real  vacation time for themselves.

I know that the tv is not the best option for entertaining kids, but it is a vacation for the parents too. An hour or 2 here and there during vacation, is not going to destroy their brains. But there’s no current way for parents to take advantage of that, unless they pay for an on-demand movie......never mind, I just figured it out.

Edited by cruiser1955a

6 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

I believe if you go to guest services they’ll be able to give you the movie list for the week, including times and channels for movies playing 

2 hours ago, cruiser1955a said:

I agree. It would be helpful if they provided a tv-guide channel. It would greatly help parents plan times where they could occupy their children’s time for an hour or 2, to allow for some real  vacation time for themselves.

I know that the tv is not the best option for entertaining kids, but it is a vacation for the parents too. An hour or 2 here and there during vacation, is not going to destroy their brains. But there’s no current way for parents to take advantage of that, unless they pay for an on-demand movie......never mind, I just figured it out.

They probably don't waste too many resources worrying about that since every kid I've seen in the past 5 years (at least ones whose parents can afford to cruise) has access to an ipad to watch whichever movies they want whenever they want.

I recognize that cruise internet would mean you'd need to pre-load these things, but still...

There were 2 TV channels for movies on the Pearl in December but only one on the Breakaway for movies and the other one was for old T.V. shows in March. The problem was that most of the movies that I saw in December were the same ones as the ones offered in March.

A little confused.  We were on the Breakaway, Feb. this year.  I thought I noticed on demand movies, but at a cost.  We were in the Haven.  Never selected one, BUT, does anyone know if in the Haven, are on demand movies free, or even if they have them??  I could be wrong, and confusing a hotel with the Ship on this cruise.

1 minute ago, NW Pacific said:

A little confused.  We were on the Breakaway, Feb. this year.  I thought I noticed on demand movies, but at a cost.  We were in the Haven.  Never selected one, BUT, does anyone know if in the Haven, are on demand movies free, or even if they have them??  I could be wrong, and confusing a hotel with the Ship on this cruise.

In the Haven, on-demand movies are no charge. 

• 11 months later...

Can anyone give me the name of the movie shown on the Norwegian where a girl meets a guy, the father is a jack ass, they get married and the father finally accepts the guy.  Father is military and so is the young guy that wants to marry his daughter.

Thank you so much, they don't show credits after the movies on the ship and I caught it a little after it started.

14 minutes ago, Dearie5 said:

Can anyone give me the name of the movie shown on the Norwegian where a girl meets a guy, the father is a jack ass, they get married and the father finally accepts the guy.  Father is military and so is the young guy that wants to marry his daughter.

Thank you so much, they don't show credits after the movies on the ship and I caught it a little after it started.

Do you remember any of the actors or details about the movie?

Edited by ColeThornton

actors weren’t popular or anyone I know

husband was dying in beginning (present day) and also was the scene at end. A black minister was at hospital room. Husband took his last breath and suddenly started breathing again but nurse ( might have been a daughter) said that was normal sometimes. He did die. 

Flash backs were to when they first met -were dating. Dad was military and gave him hard time. Young man then joined military to show dad he was worthy. Dad still gave him hard time.  Mom was easier on them. 

thanks!