Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I am upset about the ship. Not that the clear intention was to cater to families. I am pissed that they didnt build the damn thing 30 years ago when I wasnt an old fart and could take advantage of it. This ship is a family vacation heaven. Damn shame my kids are grown up. But of course I can always take my grandkids on the vacation of a lifetime now. 

Lol.  Me too.  I’m getting too old for all those water slides but they look great.  But yes the grown kids and grands will love it!  It makes the old small ships look like tugboats but I still those too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

I wonder if that is a small slide DOWN into the Adventure Ocean on Deck 6? If it went UP to the top of the ship you would see it in the pictures

I think you could be right. If you look at decks 7 and 6, you can see what looks like the continuation and end of it (brown squiggly thingy :classic_laugh:).

Man, some of you are so negative.  Why do you cruise if you hate it so much, let alone cruise on a line you hate some much.

I am very excited for this ship!  It looks beautiful!  And, I'll put it out there, I dislike kids!  However, I think the design and layout looks great, it gives families a family area that I don't need to go anywhere near!  

I'm not sure what some people were expecting.  It's a cruise ship, after all, at the end of the day, it's going to have limitations.  Not exactly sure what it would take for some of you to actually be excited about a new ship.      

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lo dudo. Uno de los barcos de la clase Oasis necesitará ir a dique seco. No espero ver a Icon en Europa durante 5 años.

If it is Utopia of the Seas ship go Europe year 2024.

Edited by DaniMSCRoyal_85

Wow. I am not sure what to think. I definitely expected more based on how it was described as iconic and revolutionary. It’s essentially Oasis on steroids with some Edge class features and geared even more towards kids. 

I think the pools look great, it looks modernized, etc., but it leaves a lot to be desired for adults and young adults without kids. I think they missed a huge opportunity not incorporating a waterfront type deck like NCL and CCL have done. As others have said, it looks like a barge with an amusement park on top. I get that they are appealing to families, but I think they tipped the scale way too far towards kids on this one. Ugh. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Wow. I am not sure what to think. I definitely expected more based on how it was described as iconic and revolutionary. It’s essentially Oasis on steroids with some Edge class features and geared even more towards kids. 

I think the pools look great, it looks modernized, etc., but it leaves a lot to be desired for adults and young adults without kids. I think they missed a huge opportunity not incorporating a waterfront type deck like NCL and CCL have done. As others have said, it looks like a barge with an amusement park on top. I get that they are appealing to families, but I think they tipped the scale way too far towards kids on this one. Ugh. 

Agree; I was looking forward to more dining outside options.  
It looks messy. 
But I’ll probably book just to see her. Itineraries are as boring as heck though! 
Will certainly need to study school holiday calendars ( and Spring break) to ensure I book when the majority of kids are at school.   January should be safe!! 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2

I loved everything about it.  I don't need that much adult entertainment, I am way too distracted by sparkly things! LOL  It has an ice rink--check, bars everywhere--check, adult pool area--check etc etc etc.  Good enough for me, I just won't be spending any time aft on Boardwalk.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 3