Equinox Revolution

Islandbuoy

12 hours ago, hcat said:

We prefer not sailing with large groups and wish they would do full charters, but groups  often do their own set of  excursions

.  How could they book all the excursions  if they were open to everyone?

I am on that cruise and had and have,no problem booking excursions. 

1 hour ago, Tsmaggio said:

There is also HUGE yoga group going from Washington state. Very large group so I hope they dont overtake the persian gardens. 

Curious, How did you find that group?

Usually when I google my cruise date   I get prof seminars , Villages Fl.. ..  travel agencies.

Some large groups  take  over some of the venues..dance floors, bars, dining times, pool areas  etc . Others  do their own thing....no issues.

Best to avoid if possible..esp if you are not part of a group..

Edited by hcat

4 hours ago, gordylad said:

Celebrity were forthcoming when it came to the "revolution" of the Equinox maybe time an official statement was put out as to what is actually happening.

There hasn't been much at all, if anything other than a few renderings, publically released in relation to S class ships. Most of the info posted here comes from TA resources which probably is not supposed to be distributed. As someone pointed out earlier, the few renderings that were posted on the X website have been removed.

Edited by Jeremiah1212

Celebrity responded to my inquiry:

“Hi Mari, sorry for the delay in responding. We have gotten confirmation that the ship is going to Cadiz for the renovations because of the damages to the Grand Bahama dry dock. If you send us your booking number along with your email and tel, we will send updates as we receive them.”

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, mari10 said:

“Hi Mari, sorry for the delay in responding. We have gotten confirmation that the ship is going to Cadiz for the renovations because of the damages to the Grand Bahama dry dock. If you send us your booking number along with your email and tel, we will send updates as we receive them.”

Keep us informed if you will!  Thank you Mari

1 hour ago, mari10 said:

LOL....well it's about time they got confirmation....ship has apparently already known this for a couple weeks and have been telling people. I doubt the ship decided this on their own without corporates knowledge....I'm sure their updates will be "breaking news".....lol

Edited by bajathree

12 hours ago, Tsmaggio said:

Re yoga group:

Thanks.. it references a travel company so it may be removed but I guess thar's how it was identified.

This yoga  group could be an issue for  some areas of the gym, X yoga classes  and the  spa....depends on how many are booked, where they dine etc..   We once had a water aerobics  group on one of our cruises....no issues...

Hoping our friends will be pleased with the changes  made to EQUINOX.   It's a special  anniv cruise in Jan 2020,   and they booked AQ class with BLU. 

We,ll  all find more soon!

1 hour ago, mari10 said:

Celebrity has started to update as promised :

“We have not canceled any sailings and the ship is scheduled to be in FLL for the June 1 departure.”

In all honesty they aren't telling you anything that isn't already known. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bajathree said:

In all honesty they aren't telling you anything that isn't already known. 

I certainly realize that, but I  do appreciate getting a response and follow up.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, bajathree said:

X has come out with some very attractive rates for the June 1 sailing.

Our balcony category is still higher than what we paid back in October, if pricing with the same perks.  Within the past couple months interior cabin pricing was somewhere around $534, but the price has risen constantly since then.

If someone is willing to take a guaranty, and no perks, there are some better prices today than yesterday.

2 hours ago, Skip2MySue said:

The large group of Yoga cruiser's that booked the Equinox based on this link is not our cruise but the one after ours on June 8th. 😁

Skip

That is my cruise

2 hours ago, hiccups said:

Our balcony category is still higher than what we paid back in October, if pricing with the same perks.  Within the past couple months interior cabin pricing was somewhere around $534, but the price has risen constantly since then.

If someone is willing to take a guaranty, and no perks, there are some better prices today than yesterday.

Thats what I was talking about 😉 

2 hours ago, hiccups said:

We had the same happen last week with our 5/26 sailing on Summit.  They dropped significantly for a couple of days right at the 30 day mark.  When up quite a bit a couple of days later and probably 100 cabins disappeared from inventory so it did seem to motivate people to book.  If you are considering 6/1 and think it's a deal now I'd jump on it. 

On our sailing I was able to upgrade from a C3 (assigned from a GTY rate) to an A1 for $30 pp total for 10 days on Saturday.  Monday it was $350 higher.

70 cruises and do about 4-6 a year every year. get a good cruise consultant that can find you the very best deals and perks. Fall prices are always lower as is the first of January. Perks are offered and usually the cost of the cruise is about the same without them offered. The Equinox It is getting refurbished all of May and I booked for a cruise June 25th. The perks were awesome and the cost was not bad at all. $450.00 OBC plus paid gratuities and the beverage package. Plus I booked the steakhouse for the discount price on the first night. Great price. Removing the cost of those if not included will bring the cost of the cruise down to a Carnival level without OBC or perks. Those without children, A better ship by far. Depending what you like. So you must get the max for the money. Time of the years is most important.

4 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

70 cruises and do about 4-6 a year every year. get a good cruise consultant that can find you the very best deals and perks. Fall prices are always lower as is the first of January. Perks are offered and usually the cost of the cruise is about the same without them offered. The Equinox It is getting refurbished all of May and I booked for a cruise June 25th. The perks were awesome and the cost was not bad at all. $450.00 OBC plus paid gratuities and the beverage package. Plus I booked the steakhouse for the discount price on the first night. Great price. Removing the cost of those if not included will bring the cost of the cruise down to a Carnival level without OBC or perks. Those without children, A better ship by far. Depending what you like. So you must get the max for the money. Time of the years is most important.

Which is great if you’ve got the flexibility and are able to take that much time off work. 

On 5/1/2019 at 4:39 AM, bajathree said:

LOL....well it's about time they got confirmation....ship has apparently already known this for a couple weeks and have been telling people. ........

As I understand it the extra time to get down to Spain and back with out changing the June sailings has meant that a hold has been put on creating the Reflection, Signature suites and extra insides.

Edited by groryjm