Ships on the Move today

Lots of Re positioning Today:

Allure left Miami for Ft. Lauderdale (replaces Harmony)

Harmony left Ft. Lauderdale for Port Canaveral -- will take over 7 day itineraries

Mariner left Miami for Port Canaveral to begin 3 and 4 night itineraries.  

• Like 1

NV needed to be at Terminal A for taking over the 3 and 4 nights itinerary from MA.  From what I've been reading, Terminal G was very inefficient and Terminal A is state of the art.  

I remember when Voyager debuted in 1999 that Terminal G was considered State of the Art. Shows how far RCI has moved.  I read that disembarkation on Mariner this morning at Terminal G was awful and slow.  I think they only had 2 Customs officials.  MA was supposed to sail for Port C at 10 AM but didn't leave until around noon.

7 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

She's a little northeast of Port St. Lucie -- she's making good time.  

Are these ships repositioning empty of passengers? Sounds like musical chairs with last ship not getting a berth?

Edited by Jimbo

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Are these ships repositioning empty of passengers? Sounds like musical chairs with last ship not getting a berth?

I think there are no passengers.  I don't know what terminal MA and HM are going to in Port C but I would be Terminal 1 for HM as she is an Oasis class ship.  I think MA is going to the Carnival terminal for this cruise but will be at Terminal 1 for the rest of the cruises.  Anyone know more about it?

Not Royal, but on topic... also today, 

Carnival Conquest and Carnival Magic flipped ports.

Carnival Conquest going from Port of Miami To Port Everglades.

Carnival Magic going from Port Everglades to Port of Miami.

meanwhile the:

Spectrum has been through the Suez Canal and stopped at Dubai and on its way to Singapore and rest of Asia.

Ovation is in Hawaii and will land in Vancouver for May 13 sailing (which I will be on)  YEA

Love Cruisemapper.com to follow along all of the XXX of the Seas children.  Wondering the most about Cuba later this year

1 hour ago, SherriZ366 said:

I think there are no passengers.  I don't know what terminal MA and HM are going to in Port C but I would be Terminal 1 for HM as she is an Oasis class ship.  I think MA is going to the Carnival terminal for this cruise but will be at Terminal 1 for the rest of the cruises.  Anyone know more about it?

Harmony will be sailing out of Terminal 1 starting tomorrow. Mariner will sail out of terminal 6 tomorrow then move to terminal 1 on the 10th. That will put Harmony and Mariner on the proper rotation.

1 hour ago, Doug910 said:

Not Royal, but on topic... also today, 

Carnival Conquest and Carnival Magic flipped ports.

Carnival Conquest going from Port of Miami To Port Everglades.

Carnival Magic going from Port Everglades to Port of Miami.

I think you have that backwards. Conquest to Miami, and Magic to Port Everglades.

26 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

Harmony will be sailing out of Terminal 1 starting tomorrow. Mariner will sail out of terminal 6 tomorrow then move to terminal 1 on the 10th. That will put Harmony and Mariner on the proper rotation.

That's what I thought would be happening.  Glad to  hear that MA will be permanently based at Terminal 1.  We sail on her on May 20.  Ship will seem small for the Terminal 1 after the last 6 Oasis cruises we were on.  

1 hour ago, SherriZ366 said:

Harmony is southeast of Palm Bay and has slowed down to 18.6 knots.  Mariner is east of Del Ray at 13 knots so she will come into Port C much later than HM.  😃

Any idea what time Harmony is due to dock at PC?

3 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Any idea what time Harmony is due to dock at PC?

She should be sailing into the Port around 6 PM (but I think it may be a few minutes later) and docking soon after.  Right now she is east of Cocoa Beach and has slowed down to 15.7 knots.

16 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

That's what I thought would be happening.  Glad to  hear that MA will be permanently based at Terminal 1.  We sail on her on May 20.  Ship will seem small for the Terminal 1 after the last 6 Oasis cruises we were on.  

We went from Oasis to EN.   Even more of a difference.  😉  Wanted one last ride on sweet little EN before she left.