Fruit Baskets on Request

BBMacLaird

You’d be much better buying your own.  I bought a Caterpillar backpack a while ago and it is great for ashore and around the ship. Small and light.  It was £30.  Azamara aren’t going to spend that money and I don’t want one with the Azamara logo on it that I haven’t picked myself. At least I could turn the bag around to hide it with what we get.  Now it just doubles as my last night essentials bag I can just put in the case before I fly.  Go online. Amazon have loads.

Phil

• Like 1

Glad to see the fruit basket gone too. I ask for green grapes at times. all I need. People are mentioning chocolates. i never had chocolates. just so so small cakes. i do  not want them. i bring my own chocolates on ship to eat  at night.

15 hours ago, uktog said:

As would a 24 hour help yourself fruit box by the coffee machines in Windows with a simple selection - apples, oranges, bananas and grapes.  In this era of healthy eating Azamara should be encouraging guests to eat fruit.  I agree with the comments about the sweet treats, again, a tray of sweets to help yourselves say at Mosaic, in the Living Room and perhaps on leaving the cabaret might be a compromise for those who want something sweet before bedtime.  

Agree with this idea 100%, if it is available from a help yourself area there would be no need to place it in very cabin. 

We also wouldn't miss the sweet treats if they disappeared from the room and I feel many people would feel the same. 

I’m a little concerned about a “help yourself” fruit basket that cruisers can access to select items to take to their stateroom.

Specifically, no problem with oranges, bananas, etc. that can be peeled. But grapes and apples might be touched by a number of people.

Cleansing those items back in the room might be a little challenging or even not attempted.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nordski said:

I’m a little concerned about a “help yourself” fruit basket that cruisers can access to select items to take to their stateroom.

Specifically, no problem with oranges, bananas, etc. that can be peeled. But grapes and apples might be touched by a number of people.

Cleansing those items back in the room might be a little challenging or even not attempted.

I like the idea of a “welcome” fruit basket, with a card one can complete if one wants it replenished.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I like the idea of a “welcome” fruit basket, with a card one can complete if one wants it replenished.

That seems to be a nice compromise. Or perhaps have the room steward offer you one when they meet you on the first day. However, that may add too much to their workload on an already busy schedule.

Once we have talked to the stewards, we have never encountered a problem having our fruit of choice delivered. But perhaps we are requesting too much service.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 10:36 AM, BBMacLaird said:

I love all the feedback, Bloodaxe! Some good ideas in this conversation, such as having fruit available in Windows round the clock.

By the end of the week I'll share the feedback with senior Hotel personnel.

I’ve learned that we cannot leave fruit out in a basket in a public space on the ships because there are regulations that it would have to be covered in plastic wrap. I apologize for not knowing this!

4 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

I’ve learned that we cannot leave fruit out in a basket in a public space on the ships because there are regulations that it would have to be covered in plastic wrap. I apologize for not knowing this!

Makes sense. Would probably be a good way to spread a noro virus!

6 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Thanks for asking. 

On 5/9/2019 at 3:06 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

Good move. 

Phil 

+ 1. We rarely eat the fruit left in the room, as we are usually too full from all the delicious meals served onboard. The new request system will not deny fruit to those who still want it and will cut down on the food waste significantly. 

I am looking forward to seeing how this shapes up in reality. I am sure as with everything there can be work arounds I apply to meet our situation. I doubt I will be ringing room service, the spontaneity of desire would no doubt be lost in the wait!  

Its funny the cling film need, so many rules in one place not in others makes life frustrating. Our supermarkets have open bins of fruit (quality not near sell date) for help yourself to eat whilst shopping. It was originally targeted at children, now anyone can have an Apple, banana, pear etc (no grapes granted) as they shop, or for me my reward after I’ve loaded up the car. 

On the competition they ask you on the first day what you would like and if you say “2 bananas a day” you get 2 bananas a day.  I don’t understand why it has to be more complicated than that.  

In general I don’t like the secrecy of “on request”; it sounds cheap like the water pitcher or kettle on Celebrity - and first time cruisers never know about it. 

I also don’t like the trend of using the environment as an excuse for cost cutting. 

Floris 

Edited by florisdekort
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, florisdekort said:

On the competition they ask you on the first day what you would like and if you say “2 bananas a day” you get 2 bananas a day.  I don’t understand why it has to be more complicated than that.  

In general I don’t like the secrecy of “on request”; it sounds cheap like the water pitcher or kettle on Celebrity - and first time cruisers never know about it. 

I also don’t like the trend of using the environment as an excuse for cost cutting. 

Floris 

I agree 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Just a thought, If the fruit is always available on request then they will need to have enough onboard to meet demand.

Surely if it is not required it will spoil and be wasted anyway.

I should have said certain types of fruit will spoil, I know some can last if stored correctly.

20 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

“Require?” I would think they might change that to “desire.”

and is it the bowl or the fruit in the bowl 🙂