B2B wine question

Going on our first B2B next April.  Was wondering if you are allowed to take on four bottles of wine on the first cruise and have them take two bottles away and give them back at the beginning of the second cruise.  Anyone experience this?

8 minutes ago, xeriod said:

Yes , you can have 4 bottles. They take two of them though and return them to your room upon starting the second leg of your cruise .

This is what they are supposed to do but sometimes if the 4 bottles are packed 2 in one carry and 2 in another they may not figure out those two carry on bags are for the same cabin.  I found this out by accident when I had two bottles in a back pack and two in a roller bag.  

We have done several B2B and sometimes they let us go with the 4, but sometimes they take 2 and deliver to our stateroom on the last night of first cruise.

I always take paper work for the second cruise as proof of B2B. 

Buy 2 in each port on the first leg of the B2B, turn them over to security when getting back on the ship each port, get them delivered to your stateroom on the final evening of cruise #1, enjoy all of them on the 2nd leg of the B2B.

18 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We have taken at least a dozen back to back cruises on a variety of RCCL ships. Our second two bottles have never been taken from us.   

M

Well, I HAVE had them taken.

6 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Buy 2 in each port on the first leg of the B2B, turn them over to security when getting back on the ship each port, get them delivered to your stateroom on the final evening of cruise #1, enjoy all of them on the 2nd leg of the B2B.

Generally speaking, the computer knows that you are a consecutive cruiser and will not be getting off the ship at the end of the first cruise.  Better to make friends on the first leg, and have the bottles registered to THEM, and when they are delivered on the last night, they can give them to you.  This also works with purchases in the ship's store.

8 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Generally speaking, the computer knows that you are a consecutive cruiser and will not be getting off the ship at the end of the first cruise.  Better to make friends on the first leg, and have the bottles registered to THEM, and when they are delivered on the last night, they can give them to you.  This also works with purchases in the ship's store.

Surely the ship has to zero down everything on the inventory at the end of a cruise, including bottles taken at the start. Are you saying that, in your experience, they keep bottles and don't not give them to you until the start of the second cruise i.e. not on the last night of the first?.

And to the OP - and in agreement with others - we have done several B2Bs and never had the bottles taken off us, although we did put 2 in each of our carry-ons

There is no computer that knows any thing, it as dumb  as dog shi# . have many b2b2b plus up to 6 in a row . each cruise is treated as a new cruise . they take what you say on face value as port side security do not have access to the manifest let the one of future cruises , have shopped for liquer on board delivered to room on last day of first cruise .🙂

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

There is no computer that knows any thing, it as dumb  as dog shi# . have many b2b2b plus up to 6 in a row . each cruise is treated as a new cruise . they take what you say on face value as port side security do not have access to the manifest let the one of future cruises , have shopped for liquer on board delivered to room on last day of first cruise .🙂

We have been asked to show our set sail passes from the second leg of the cruise when taking on additional bottles of wine. 

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We have been asked to show our set sail passes from the second leg of the cruise when taking on additional bottles of wine. 

Did they take wine in excess of 2 bottles off you. And if so when were they returned

On the other hand, in Civitavecchia on turnaround day, I reboarded with two bottles, but they didn't even look at me, much less what I was carrying.  I could have had a case of wine in my bag, and they wouldn't have cared.

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I was on a B6B, and they took all but two bottles from us.

I am happy for those who were able to just carry theirs on.  I am merely relaying what happened to me.

And what stage did they give you back the bottles for each cruise, the night before or the start of the next cruise? Did they give you back 2 bottles at a time? Just interested since we've never had them taken off us for a B2B and wondered what the protocol is. I would say that a number of our B2Bs have been from Civitavecchia and totally agree with your comment below :classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

On the other hand, in Civitavecchia on turnaround day, I reboarded with two bottles, but they didn't even look at me, much less what I was carrying.  I could have had a case of wine in my bag, and they wouldn't have cared.

Edited by Bobal

6 hours ago, Bobal said:

And what stage did they give you back the bottles for each cruise, the night before or the start of the next cruise? Did they give you back 2 bottles at a time? Just interested since we've never had them taken off us for a B2B and wondered what the protocol is. I would say that a number of our B2Bs have been from Civitavecchia and totally agree with your comment below :classic_biggrin:

Honestly?

The concierge got them out of Wine Jail for me.  😉 

• Like 1