Favourite drink in Cabin

kevboy

Can anyone please advise. I am a malt Whisky drinker and because of the Princess rules regarding taking spiritsl  on board I cannot have my favourite drink throughout my cruise. To my knowledge, the ship doesn`t carry my brand so I cannot even purchase any on board. I cannot even bring a bottle and pay corkage. This is putting a dampner on my forthcoming cruise. Help needed please!

2 hours ago, geoherb said:

Here's the whiskey menu on the Princess website. Perhaps you should look at it as an opportunity for you to try some that you haven't. You may find a new favorite.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/Whiskey-Menu.pdf

Some obscenely expensive prices on there plus there is now 18% service charge. Johnnie Walker Blue $1100 +18% wow that is some rip off price even for a 1.75 l bottle.

5 hours ago, kevboy said:

Can anyone please advise. I am a malt Whisky drinker and because of the Princess rules regarding taking spiritsl  on board I cannot have my favourite drink throughout my cruise. To my knowledge, the ship doesn`t carry my brand so I cannot even purchase any on board. I cannot even bring a bottle and pay corkage. This is putting a dampner on my forthcoming cruise. Help needed please!

I mean no disrespect, but you will find cruising has many of these types of limitations.  If not being able to have your favourite drink will cause that much distress while on holiday, perhaps cruising is not your best option.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

My DH uses these

We have used similar things in the past. For us it was more of saving a bit of moulah but after a while I personally got so uptight worrying about being caught, having the containers break in the baggage and possibly dealing with the extra baggage weight for the airline, we started just ponying up for the beverage package. Now, no smuggling, no worries and yes, we can try most any drink we like. I too have a preferred single-malt which is not available on the ship but there are so many other good ones to try, it's no problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, msmoger said:

I mean no disrespect, but you will find cruising has many of these types of limitations.  If not being able to have your favourite drink will cause that much distress while on holiday, perhaps cruising is not your best option.

This.....

• Like 1

I understand the OP..... when on holidays one does like to partake in something nice....

I also enjoy a good cognac or single malt or even a good port.....

But the price and availably on a cruise is off putting..... so one saves the good stuff for while at home....

and has something different while cruising ....

Cheers Don 

6 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I guess that you will just have to suffer with an inferior brand of malt whiskey or do without for a week.

DON

In answer to myself, there is possibly an alternative solution.  A friend of ours has done several 100+ day world cruises on one of the lines that is more upscale than Princess.  They have many hundred days of cruising on the same line so they are valued customers.  They like a specific type of wine that was not available on a recent cruise.  They mentioned to someone at the customer service desk and the ship sent someone to a shop at the next port and the line purchased a case of their wine.  The next time they cruised the line made sure that their wine was on board.

All the OP has to do is to switch from Princess to one of the upscale lines and also to accumulate 500 or 600 days of cruising on that line.  I don't think that the 20 cruises that the OP has accumulated on several lines will help with this problem however.  

DON

• Thanks 1

Some bars have high end single malts. You may have to drink there, pay the price, and not drink in your cabin. You can also purchase the Premium Beverage Package which includes drinks menu priced at US$12 and under. Limit 15 alcoholic drinks/day and no room service.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:10 AM, kevboy said:

just curious - what is your preferred brand ?

2 hours ago, skynight said:

Some bars have high end single malts. You may have to drink there, pay the price, and not drink in your cabin. You can also purchase the Premium Beverage Package which includes drinks menu priced at US$12 and under. Limit 15 alcoholic drinks/day and no room service.

Order the high end ones "to go" and take them to your cabin