New Diamonds

7 hours ago, healthworker said:

Do you know if there is any lactose free milk available to brew the cappuccino? Or soy or almond milk? Thanks!

I know soy is available, probably almond too.

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The older machines also allowed you to do a double (great for filling a mug), and to decrease or increase the strength of the brew.  The new one on Serenade does not have that menu.

20190126_152917.thumb.jpg.787bb26e78b6ba2c95ce57bed829fb51.jpg

I will add that I have often had to search for milk in the wee hours of morning. The machine was functioning,  but no supplies

So my fiancé loves to drink flavored cappuccino but I didn't see where they have any flavors offered. We have been one one cruise as a Diamond member and we will be on the Ovation on the 19th.

5 minutes ago, fla gang said:

So my fiancé loves to drink flavored cappuccino but I didn't see where they have any flavors offered. We have been one one cruise as a Diamond member and we will be on the Ovation on the 19th.

Never seen flavoring in the DL although I only use it for my regular coffee at home so haven't looked.  I don't know if you mean basic stuff like coffee-mate or international delight creamers or actual flavored syrups but the former would be easy enough to bring with you (the non-refrigerated kind of course).  Could bring the latter too if they make them in small bottles; I'm not familiar in syrups.  Hope that helps.

My SIL's family lives in Lakewood Ranch BTW.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, fla gang said:

You can get vanilla and hazelnut syrup at the dollar tree. Does not need refrigeration.  We used to bring one to Beatrice in the Oasis DL

On 6/15/2019 at 1:38 PM, kemptct said:

Thank you all so much for the info 🙂 I am giddy with excitement over the cappuccino machine! I thought for sure I would have to purchase the coffe card.

The cappuccino machine is awesome!  You can make several different types of coffee.  Much better than elsewhere on the ship.  

12 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Never seen flavoring in the DL although I only use it for my regular coffee at home so haven't looked.  I don't know if you mean basic stuff like coffee-mate or international delight creamers or actual flavored syrups but the former would be easy enough to bring with you (the non-refrigerated kind of course).  Could bring the latter too if they make them in small bottles; I'm not familiar in syrups.  Hope that helps.

My SIL's family lives in Lakewood Ranch BTW.

We have family in Lakewood Ranch also!

On 6/15/2019 at 1:47 PM, John&LaLa said:

I will add that I have often had to search for milk in the wee hours of morning. The machine was functioning,  but no supplies

Sitting here in Harmony’s DL.  No milk for the 2nd day in a row.  None to be found either.  Waited for the crew member who services the DL I met yesterday.  He’s decided to go about his normal routine before going for milk since there’s none in the refrigerated cabinets here (which I already knew ofc).

I rarely complain but this is really annoying.  I look forward to my early morning cappuccinos.  Need to ask the concierge something else this morning so I’ll mention it.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 9:39 PM, Host Clarea said:

I know soy is available, probably almond too.

but not in the machines.   only the original moo juice.  

looks like they got rid of the hot chocolate button too.  which is a bummer.   I love cafe mochas.  

I have been in the lounge when the attendant comes in at oh stupid thirty to clean the machine and prep it for the day.  sometimes they lock the cupboards where the supplies are kept and the cold stuff is usually brought in with the attendant.  

how long that machine is  available depends on how often its utilized during the day and whether or not it gets serviced mid day. one cruise the D lounge machine was down and by day 3  all the D members were invading the C lounge to get their  caffeine fix.. by day 5 the C lounge machine was down as well.    mostly due to people not knowing which button to push when or just plain  mis treating it.  at least the Concierge  very politely but firmly told  D members who tried to  come in during cocktail hour that they could not get coffee.

at least one cruise I know for those that complained/voiced their displeasure over the machines' lack of functionality they were waiving costs of basic   lattes/, etc  at the coffee bar.  but it was SO not widely advertised.  

16 minutes ago, spookwife said:

looks like they got rid of the hot chocolate button too.  which is a bummer.   I love cafe mochas.  

I have been in the lounge when the attendant comes in at oh stupid thirty to clean the machine and prep it for the day.  sometimes they lock the cupboards where the supplies are kept and the cold stuff is usually brought in with the attendant.  

how long that machine is  available depends on how often its utilized during the day and whether or not it gets serviced mid day. one cruise the D lounge machine was down and by day 3  all the D members were invading the C lounge to get their  caffeine fix.. by day 5 the C lounge machine was down as well.    mostly due to people not knowing which button to push when or just plain  mis treating it.  at least the Concierge  very politely but firmly told  D members who tried to  come in during cocktail hour that they could not get coffee.

at least one cruise I know for those that complained/voiced their displeasure over the machines' lack of functionality they were waiving costs of basic   lattes/, etc  at the coffee bar.  but it was SO not widely advertised.  

For your Mochas - can't you take a  hot chocolate package and simply add coffee or one of the specialty preparations?

More than once, both machines were down and they gave those who asked a voucher for Café lattitudes.  As you put it , "it was SO not widely advertised."

I often find the machine off/down early in the morning before the concierge  gets in, or before the continental breakfast is set up. Seems many machines no longer serve decaf, even though there might be a  decaf bin for beans.

M

3 hours ago, spookwife said:

Serenade had two machines set up in the overflow lounge,  but they only worked for breakfast and for happy hour

All Diamond lounges have a machine. "Specialty" coffee is part of the benefits package. As you can read above, its functionality is variable.

Edited by Sobro

When we were on Indy in May the coffee machine was out of action for the first couple of days. It had a notice on it that we could get coffee free of charge at Cafe Promenade and Windjammer just by showing our cards. 

27 minutes ago, kernow said:

When we were on Indy in May the coffee machine was out of action for the first couple of days. It had a notice on it that we could get coffee free of charge at Cafe Promenade and Windjammer just by showing our cards. 

No daily limit?

6 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

No daily limit?

The guy in the Windjammer said it should be one a day but they never swiped the card or anything so I don't see that they were enforcing it. The sign on the machine didn't mention a limit.

1 minute ago, kernow said:

The guy in the Windjammer said it should be one a day but they never swiped the card or anything so I don't see that they were enforcing it. The sign on the machine didn't mention a limit.

Very nice.  We had a limit of one per day on a recent cruise, can't recall what ship.

FWIW, the machine has been functional every morning for the rest of the trip so far... although I did have to empty the coffee grounds myself this morning.  Maybe I’ll get a tip envelope tomorrow.  🤣

32 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

FWIW, the machine has been functional every morning for the rest of the trip so far... although I did have to empty the coffee grounds myself this morning.  Maybe I’ll get a tip envelope tomorrow.  🤣

They tend to frown on guests dumping the grounds. Say it is a major reason the machines break. People yank it out and jam it back in. 

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

They tend to frown on guests dumping the grounds. Say it is a major reason the machines break. People yank it out and jam it back in. 

I have little doubt that they frown on guests dumping the grounds.  I actually told a crew member before I did it myself.  His response was that he was waiting for the main guy (who I mentioned meeting earlier this week) & wouldn’t touch the machine but had no idea when the main guy would be around.  He proceeded to leave the DL so I took care of it.

I’m generally a rule follower & in a perfect world they would maintain the machine better... but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DavidJrandRichard said:

We become diamonds are our Rhapsody TA this November by the 7th night, but from what I am reading, we will have to wait until our next booked cruise before visitng the diamond lounge 😞

That is correct.  You do not "have" those points until (almost always) six days after the conclusion of your cruise.  THEN you have the points and THEN you are Diamond, henceforth.

😊

Hmmm...………..I disembarked from my last cruise six days ago.  Let's go check my page on the RC site.  Yep, points added.

Six days.  😁

On 6/15/2019 at 1:50 PM, kemptct said:

Another quick question, I was looking for the location on RC's website but can not seem to find it.

The location of the diamond club? It's on deck 13 very front of the ship. Great views.

• Thanks 1