Shore Excursion Sale

charlielinda

A few weeks ago there were sales on excursions but I hadn’t decided what we wanted to do yet.  Of course I’ve now decided.   I have two cruises in November so have plenty of time ... does anyone know how often these Celebrity offers pop up on excursions.  

I normally book private excursions but there are a few places we’ve decided to use Celebrity excursions because of time and distance.  

Thanks so much.  

I don't think anyone can predict when the next excursion sale might happen, other than to say one MIGHT happen before November, and it MIGHT include the excursions you're interested in ( neither are guaranteed). In any event, you can book them now, then if they go on sale you can cancel and rebook.

• 1 month later...

I just noticed an unannounced Cruise Planner sale, we were already going to buy the Everglades Airboat tour with airport dropoff via Celebrity anyway, and it usually stands at $59,00pp. Currently it's $44,25pp, that's a 25% discount - the tour got purchased right away!

No emails received about this and no banners on the Cruise Planner.

Several other excursions also seem to be discounted to some degree. Even the "inside access" ship tour is discounted from $99,00pp to $79,20pp, that's 20% discount, so it seems to be a very broadly-applied discount.

Specialty Dining and beverage packages/upgrades/experiences are NOT discounted.

Likewise, spa treatments are NOT discounted.

Internet/photo packages DON'T SEEM to be discounted either; I don't remember the standard prices for those, but I can say that "12 prints photo package" currently stands at $140,00, so I guess someone could tell of any discount from that price.

FWIW, my sailing is December 1, 2019 Eastern Caribbean on Edge, and all the above-mentioned conditions may vary for your cruise. I am on Captain's Club "Classic" tier, and my parents-in-law, who also have the sale prices, are on the "Select" tier.

The shore excursion sale is just really dumb for my cruise.  They had it a few weeks ago as said most things 25 to 30% off.  Was great so purchased a bunch of things for my group, there are 6 of us and all doing diverse things.  When the sale went off noticed the new price was cheaper than the sale price on quite a few of the ones I purchased.  For example the cruise stops in Colon Panama, there was a tour to Panama City....the reg price before the sale was like 150, was nope to much.  Went on sale for 115.00 or so and figured when would I get over to Panama City ever again.  So bought it.  Did some checking after sale went off to see what the price was, and lol an behold new price is 99!  Called cxled the tour and rebooked.  Also noticed lower on a cpl others I had purchased.  Whomever does there pricing is just plain stupid overall.  Yes a cpl of the tours went back up in price but overall the base of them is lower than it was before the sale. 

I know for certain that the Everglades tour with airport dropoff has fixed price for nearly all cruises, so for us it was indeed a 25% discount off standard price. Of course I will keep watch if the price decreases further, but I would be very surprised if so!

• Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 5:55 PM, charlielinda said:

A few weeks ago there were sales on excursions but I hadn’t decided what we wanted to do yet.  Of course I’ve now decided.   I have two cruises in November so have plenty of time ... does anyone know how often these Celebrity offers pop up on excursions.  

I normally book private excursions but there are a few places we’ve decided to use Celebrity excursions because of time and distance.  

Thanks so much.  

If you can afford it, the best thing is to book something you might want to do when it’s cheap. You can then cancel later if you change your mind. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads-up: I ONCE AGAIN already have 20-25% off several excursions in Cruise Planner for my December 1 Edge sailing (no discount for dining and beverage packages and spa offers, and seemingly also not for internet/photo packages). It's only just under a month since I last had a sale in CP for this cruise.

Might be worth it to check out your CP if you have an upcoming cruise. Remember, that already booked excursions CAN be cancelled and re-booked at the lower price.

On 7/24/2019 at 5:55 AM, mikkelhansen said:

I know for certain that the Everglades tour with airport dropoff has fixed price for nearly all cruises, so for us it was indeed a 25% discount off standard price. Of course I will keep watch if the price decreases further, but I would be very surprised if so!

It’s a great tour also...be sure to go to the food trucks for lunch before getting back on the bus

Interesting. 

There is no advertised sale in my cruise planner ( no banners that say SALE) , but there are a few excursions that are back down to the price they were at the last sale. Not the one I’m looking at, of course, but a few in each port. 

Thanks for the heads up! 

5 hours ago, son3cruisers said:

There is no advertised sale in my cruise planner ( no banners that say SALE) , but there are a few excursions that are back down to the price they were at the last sale.

The same here - no advertisement anywhere, I only spotted it because many excursions once again had gone to $XX.25 / $XX.68 etc. odd prices, and specifically a post-cruise tour we booked during the last sale was now at the exact same discounted price again.

Though I usually get email notifications re sales, I didn’t on this.  Saw this thread.  Went in and sure enough there were sales.  Booked two excursions.  Funny thing is that for one I had booked during a previous sale the price had increased.  It pays to check regularly I find.  

54 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

The sale is up today! Banners and all😂

Looks to be 25% off some, 10% off others. 

Happy planning!

Still no banners or any promotion about the sale for me - but select excursions still show up with discounts up to 25%.

This is only my second cruise with Celebrity so I wasn’t aware of all of the sales offers that come out (seems like daily).  We picked an excursion early on that we wanted to do in Curacao during a sale and got it for $39 a person.  This is almost cheaper than we could have done it on our own.  It’s been on sale multiple times but never even close to the price we paid.  It’s now $74 per person.  I say this just to make sure when you see an excursion you want to take,  book it early and just keep an eye on the price during the sales.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up on the Excursion Sale.  I just booked several for our 3 week cruise on the Summit in February 2020.  Definitely a savings since I'm familiar with the pricing because we do these islands most years to get out of the cold. Wondering why Celebrity doesn't notify its passengers of these sales via email.  I've been fortunate to have found out a few times by monitoring these boards.  What a great community of cruisers.

13 hours ago, IWillGoAnywhere26 said:

Thanks for the heads up on the Excursion Sale.  I just booked several for our 3 week cruise on the Summit in February 2020.  Definitely a savings since I'm familiar with the pricing because we do these islands most years to get out of the cold. Wondering why Celebrity doesn't notify its passengers of these sales via email.  I've been fortunate to have found out a few times by monitoring these boards.  What a great community of cruisers.

I received an email this morning. We cruise in March on the Summit. 

We've saved in the past. They talked us into  OBC for the difference also for an excursiin we cancelled.

We have decided  not to go through this again as it means check each one for several cruises.

Happy for those who have saved $   but It is .annoying that prices are so changeable!

• 4 weeks later...

And so it resumes... Once again I have an unannounced/unpromoted sale in my Cruise Planner for our December 1, 2019 Edge sailing. This time the discount varies from excursion to excursion.

Eg. the Inside Access Backstage Tour has a 5% discount, while some excursions have 20-25% discount.

As always, spa treatments and specialty dining are not discounted.

This is the third time within 3½ months I have had a CP sale for our cruise. They really want us to go on excursions when in port, I suppose???

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

And so it resumes... Once again I have an unannounced/unpromoted sale in my Cruise Planner for our December 1, 2019 Edge sailing. This time the discount varies from excursion to excursion.

Eg. the Inside Access Backstage Tour has a 5% discount, while some excursions have 20-25% discount.

This is the third time within 3½ months I have had a CP sale for our cruise. They really want us to go on excursions when in port, I suppose???

It’s some very strange pricing on our planner. Last sale some excursions were 25% off. Now? I see a few on sale only, and they are  5%. Seriously. The excursion we were looking at wasn’t on sale last time. Now it is, but $8 off. I’ll wait for a bigger discount closer to sailing. Fingers crossed. If not we will do something else. It’s frustrating because if I was able to book privately it would be $70 cheaper per person. It’s a Catamaran Sail in St Kitts, and the dates are blocked out online -private bookings. When I emailed them ( there are two companies showing the same prices) they said I needed to book through the cruise line. 

1 hour ago, mikkelhansen said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I just looked up my cruise on Equinox in November and saw that a few excursions were discounted, including those on the last day in Ft Lauderdale (we have a late flight and are considering one).  I'm seeing discounts around 15%.  Strange thing is that there isn't even a banner to show that the price has gone down, I just scrolled through them and found discounts.