Can I make an 11:40am flight from FLL after leaving ship in MIA?

jordanaire

57 minutes ago, jordanaire said:

My son will be stepping off the Conquest in Miami and flying from FLL at 11:40. Will he have time to make this flight? The next Delta flight is a few hours later and costs $150 more.

There is a reason the flights before noon are cheaper.  Cruisers who take them and miss their flight.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jordanaire said:

My son will be stepping off the Conquest in Miami and flying from FLL at 11:40. Will he have time to make this flight? The next Delta flight is a few hours later and costs $150 more.

If and it is a big if everything goes perfectly yes you can make it. That being said I would not try it cause the margin of error is to small.

7 hours ago, jordanaire said:

As long as you deck and debark at the normal time.

4 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

Generally, Carnival will allow those with early flights to leave the ship first. I would make these arrangements with the ship on the night before. With this unless something usual happens he should be fine.

Correct.  Just ask guest services what you should do since you have an early flight.  You really could make it doing regular disembark, easily, but to obnoxiously safe and get there way early, just do express.  I disembarked Magic the other day and was off at 7:30AM, there had to be 500 - 1000 people in front of me and still out of the terminal by 8AM.  If you let them know you had an early flight and need to disembark early, you could be in that first few hundred people and out VERY quickly.  This is a total non-issue.  The flight time is perfect... heck, I'd even say a tad late!

It shouldn't be an issue making that flight.

Or, if you are worried, take that $150 you are saving, book a hotel and take the same flight the next day.  

Miami isn't a bad place to spend an extra day.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 8:55 PM, jordanaire said:

For an 11:40 flight you need to be at the airport by about 10:00, and earlier is better.  The ride from POM to FLL takes about 35-45+ minutes, depending upon day of the week and traffic. That translates into of the ship, with bags, and clear of customs and immigration by about 9:00 AM; carry your bags off earlier to be safe. Grab the first cab for about $70+ or wait 5+ minutes for an Uber for about $35+

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 12:42 PM, BNBR said:

I disembarked Magic the other day and was off at 7:30AM, there had to be 500 - 1000 people in front of me and still out of the terminal by 8AM.

Okay. Was the Magic scheduled to arrive at PE at 8:00am, but got there early?

2 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Okay. Was the Magic scheduled to arrive at PE at 8:00am, but got there early?

I honestly don't remember for sure. But I'm pretty sure 7am as that was the time we planned to head down based on the information in the disembarkation sheet.