Allure propulsion issues?

9 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

For sure one of the options will be a full refund, but that refund will only be money that has been paid to RC.  They will not refund any airfare (but sometimes will cover change fees but not fare differences) or prepaid hotel charges.

They would normally also offer price protection on similar cruises of their choice and on board credit based on stateroom category.

Air2Sea refunds🤔

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Did that FCC have a restriction to be used only on another TA?

Explorer TP cancellation had no restrictions. Flat 10% of cruise fare. 20% if you did one of the Ovation legs

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Could be the distance between the ports is close enough that no changes had to be made.

We are on the Dec 1 Perfect day and western itinerary. Looking at it today the only way it works schedule wise will be to switch to the same order Harmony is using. Cozumel, Roatan,  then Costa Maya and back to Lauderdale. Roatan to home is just too far of a run to make capped at 18ish kts.

I just read this post.  Have they already change the schedule on Allures sailings. We just started looking for cruises in early 2020. 

Are the schedule I’m looking at correct, going to change, have change?

Western on Allure 

10 hours ago, death_star said:

We are on the Dec 1 Perfect day and western itinerary. Looking at it today the only way it works schedule wise will be to switch to the same order Harmony is using. Cozumel, Roatan,  then Costa Maya and back to Lauderdale. Roatan to home is just too far of a run to make capped at 18ish kts.

I'm on the same itinerary in November.  We have a sea day after Roatan.  Is it still too far to make it "home" at the reduced speeds?

1 minute ago, RW_MI said:

I'm on the same itinerary in November.  We have a sea day after Roatan.  Is it still too far to make it "home" at the reduced speeds?

It is from what I've read about it going around 18 knots. If they do Roatan then Costa Maya that gets us closer for that run home on the last day.  It's the order of ports that the Harmony does since they have to go back to Canaveral. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Nope - just a regular FCC valid one year for any cruise on RCI! 👍

Interesting, when we got an FCC because of a major itinerary change, it was restricted to the same type of cruise.

• Thanks 1

I may have missed this and if so sorry for the redundancy but we are interested in the TA on Allure from FLL to Europe with our plan being to coordinate with a 10,12, or longer cruise when we get there.  What is the sailing date Allure will head to Europe for drydock and repairs? 

24 minutes ago, DShock said:

I may have missed this and if so sorry for the redundancy but we are interested in the TA on Allure from FLL to Europe with our plan being to coordinate with a 10,12, or longer cruise when we get there.  What is the sailing date Allure will head to Europe for drydock and repairs? 

Allure''s dry dock is Mar 14, 2020 to May 10, 2020 in Spain

4 hours ago, DShock said:

We leave on March 1st. 

Bring a sweater 🥶

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Allure''s dry dock is Mar 14, 2020 to May 10, 2020 in Spain

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

Wow. That is really long drydock/re-vamp. 

Yeah, almost 2 months.

2 months no revenue.  2 months dry dock fees.

I wonder what they will do with the crew?

2 hours ago, SRF said:

Yeah, almost 2 months.

Most will continue to work, assisting both the shipyard and the sub-contractors.  Those whose contracts end will go home and not be replaced until close to leaving.

Thanks.  I knew that on short dry docks they keep working, but was wondering about 2 months.

Good that they will keep working.

Of course, no gratuities for those working in those jobs.

1 hour ago, SRF said:

Yeah, almost 2 months.

I imagine she won't be in dry dock the entire time.  Just the time to fix the issue, do the required inspections, and hull painting.  The rest of the time she will at a wet dock for revamping.  I imagine the cost for use of a wet dock is cheaper than the dry dock.  In any case cheaper than scrapping her and building a ship from scratch.

Edited by gatour

10 hours ago, Bobal said:

Just wish they would let those of us sailing after end of october if they are changing our itineraries too

Agree! Our final payment is coming up in 3 weeks and I'm thinking we won't find out anything until after that.

We're one of the first sailings going to Perfect Day/Coco Cay, which is the ONE thing my SIL,DD, and GD are REALLY looking forward to. My SIL hasn't been on very many cruises so he's looking forward to St Kitts and St Thomas also. It's his 40th B'Day so Yeah, it matters. Only other idea was to pay $$$ Symphony and lose our great cabins we grabbed back in April.

And of course, I'm the one who picked the Allure in the 1st place!