May 2020 and no suites available?

I was looking at Serenade out of San Diego in May of 2020 and suites are showing as "sold out".  Seems weird to me 10 months out.  It looks like there is a short gap between its last sailing and the one I am looking at and the deck plans show a possible short refurb.  Might they be adding suites?  Reclassifying suites?  Just seems odd to me that there are none available.  Anyone else seen this?

Not odd at all, Serenade out of San Diego is a rare itinerary for Royal, and rare itineraries can be snapped up quickly.

There's one itinerary from Europe to the US East Coast once a year, usually in August, and I've found the suites sold out within 24 hours.

• Like 1

If you search a cruise and only use Departure Port San Diego 1 cruise come up. That's for any date currently in their inventory, now thru May 2021. Adding Los Angeles adds a whole two more cruises. So not surprising at all.

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Suites have been mostly sold out for our December Harmony sailing since January

I know as I tried to book December and had to settle for November 17.  I needed 3 GS and 1 JS and they were gone when I went to book in March 2019.

We are sailing on Serenade in March 2020. I booked a JS within a couple of days of the itinerary being released...  2 or 3 weeks later I decided I wanted to book a GS or OS and all suites, even JS, have been sold out. I keep checking and still nothing... 

On the longer or more interesting sailings, I have noticed suites sell out very fast on the smaller ships. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JuliaMS said:

If you search a cruise and only use Departure Port San Diego 1 cruise come up. That's for any date currently in their inventory, now thru May 2021. Adding Los Angeles adds a whole two more cruises. So not surprising at all.

San Diego is a one time.  It is the end of Panama Canal cruise and the beginning of a coastal to repo for the Alaska Season.  There are quite a few that are doing them B2B and others that are B2B with the first Alaska.

As mentioned these sort of cruises fill the suites very quickly. 

On 7/14/2019 at 2:35 PM, kruzinkel said:

I was looking at Serenade out of San Diego in May of 2020 and suites are showing as "sold out".  Seems weird to me 10 months out.  It looks like there is a short gap between its last sailing and the one I am looking at and the deck plans show a possible short refurb.  Might they be adding suites?  Reclassifying suites?  Just seems odd to me that there are none available.  Anyone else seen this?

Suites for our Brilliance 5 day out of Tampa in November 2020 are all sold out. It’s not a particularly unique or exciting itinerary. 

What I found interesting is that they went from very few suites booked to completely sold out in a matter of a few days. All of the other categories had large increases in the number of cabins booked over the same few days.

Yes, I’m more than just a bit OCD, so even this far out I’m checking my booking every few days.  😀

Edited by perfect match

3 hours ago, perfect match said:

Suites for our Brilliance 5 day out of Tampa in November 2020 are all sold out. It’s not a particularly unique or exciting itinerary. 

What I found interesting is that they went from very few suites booked to completely sold out in a matter of a few days. All of the other categories had large increases in the number of cabins booked over the same few days.

Every time I book a cruise with Royal my CVP has cabins on her site which are NOT on the web site for me to see.  Make the call to your TA or CVP.  There may be cabins available that you can't see.  Been posted on CC many times that European site shows cabins which we in USA can't see.

On 7/14/2019 at 2:35 PM, kruzinkel said:

@kruzinkel drop me an email. Link in my signature. 

16 hours ago, Snit13 said:

Every time I book a cruise with Royal my CVP has cabins on her site which are NOT on the web site for me to see.  Make the call to your TA or CVP.  There may be cabins available that you can't see.  Been posted on CC many times that European site shows cabins which we in USA can't see.

Thanks, but we’re already booked in the exact room we want. 

My concern, based on so many rooms disappearing in a matter of two days over all room categories is the potential for a partial charter coming in and taking over our ship. I checked one day and there were only a small number of cabins sold. I skipped the next day, then came back the day after to find the suites sold out and a large number of cabins in all other categories gone as well.  

We have sailed on Freedom with a partial charter by a small group of about 250 that was no problem at all. In this case, it’s more that about half the cabins on the ship disappeared on the same day. So far, I haven’t been able to find any info on a charter. I’m going to sit tight and see what, if anything, happens. May very well turn out to be nothing. 

I guess I’ve been spending way too much time here on CC reading horror stories about people’s experiences while sailing on cruises that were partial charters! 😱

April of 2018 we booked OS for Serenade April of 2020. At that time not one OS had been booked! All suites even JS have been sold out since beginning of this year which is still over a year out till cruise. I was wondering if really sold out!