Just made Platinum!!!

14 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Congratulations! 

I have my first cruise as Emerald Status next month and I am so excited.

We just became Emerald too. What perks will we now have? We are considering a back to back to reach Diamond.  

Our upcoming cruise will be our first at Platinum status. I’m happy because I thought to call the C & A line yesterday to check our kids’ status. I mistakenly thought they were automatically tied to our accounts after their previous cruise with us.  But they weren’t. So now they are both at Platinum too with our point level. I know they don’t care now, but at least if they decide to continue to cruise as adults they will be starting out at Platinum or possibly Emerald by the time they turn 18.

23 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bummer...I never made Emerald.    

Skipped over it on a longer cruise.  😉 

Emerald is a short duration level for many.  Whevever they mention the numbers of C&A members by level, it seems Emerald is always the lowest number, next to PC.

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Never made Emerald either. It wasn't there when we became Diamond, became a level way after that. Now we're half way to Pinnacle, hope to get there when I retire in two years. 

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:
4 hours ago, island lady said:

Emerald is a short duration level for many.  Whevever they mention the numbers of C&A members by level, it seems Emerald is always the lowest number, next to PC.

I guess it's not too hard to skip over that level if you book a 14 night cruise in a suite. You get 28 points and the duration of Emerald is only 25 points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TYMAN said:

Never made Emerald either. It wasn't there when we became Diamond, became a level way after that. Now we're half way to Pinnacle, hope to get there when I retire in two years. 

Wasn't Emerald added when they switched the tier levels from # of cruises to # of cruise nights?

I also seem to remember that Diamond was 10 cruises (70 points based on avg 7-night cruise) and was raised to 80 nights.....I think. It was a long time ago and I didn't pay attention as I only had 1 or 2 cruises under my belt at the time.

In 2011 they added Emerald. Not real sure about the nights total for Diamond at the time, we were already pass there. I thought it was strange to add a tier between Plat & Diam in lieu of between D+ & Pinnacle. 

5 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

That long cruise we skipped over it .....was right during "the change" also.  Drats...never go the pin.  🤔😉

2 hours ago, TYMAN said:

And hope we get to cruise with you when you make it over the threshold!  😄  That would be a great party!  

45 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I guess it's not too hard to skip over that level if you book a 14 night cruise in a suite. You get 28 points and the duration of Emerald is only 25 points.

Yup, was a Panama Canal cruise.  

37 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

In 2011 they added Emerald. Not real sure about the nights total for Diamond at the time, we were already pass there. I thought it was strange to add a tier between Plat & Diam in lieu of between D+ & Pinnacle. 

The rumor is that someone at RCI messed up.  Was supposed to put in a level at the half way mark at the unnamed D+ level.  That was supposed to be Emerald, from what I gather.  

34 minutes ago, island lady said:

The rumor is that someone at RCI messed up.  Was supposed to put in a level at the half way mark at the unnamed D+ level.  That was supposed to be Emerald, from what I gather.  

Heard the same thing.....many times. :-) You know we'll love to cruise with you & Bucky again, and as Pinnacle? Major party. Either way, if I don't live that long, I'll get Tyler there. ha! We'll take a look at your 2020 schedule, we'll be on the Harmony twice, maybe try to hit one of the dates....

4 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Heard the same thing.....many times. 🙂 You know we'll love to cruise with you & Bucky again, and as Pinnacle? Major party. Either way, if I don't live that long, I'll get Tyler there. ha! We'll take a look at your 2020 schedule, we'll be on the Harmony twice, maybe try to hit one of the dates....

Perfect...would love to cruise with you again!  Yes, please pull down my signature and pick one...or two..or three!  🤗

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Wasn't Emerald added when they switched the tier levels from # of cruises to # of cruise nights? ...

Yes, Royal made Diamond a bit more difficult to get, so I think they added Emerald to mollify.

On 7/20/2019 at 11:34 AM, Bases5 said:

Congrats   We made platinum 10 years ago.

Still there as we jump around with different cruise lines.

Don't think we will make diamond with any of them 

However we will turn Emerald after our Oasis cruise in April 

We’ve been Platinum on Princess and RCI forever because we alternate them. It’s been a good level to be on, and then we hit Emerald on RCI with our last cruise. I think it’s easier to move up levels on RCI.  

On 7/19/2019 at 11:08 AM, Cruise_Couple said:

I just got the notice that we made Platinum in the Crown and Anchor Society! I know compared to others it is nothing and the platinum benefits aren't huge but we do not get to cruise very often so it feels like a big deal to me! Just wanted to share my excitement!

xRCI_Platinum_TierBoard-e1457324734117.jpg.pagespeed.ic.aoYm6WMGxU.jpg

Well, good for you!

Just realized we're now "emerald" after this recent cruise, and we get something on the next cruise called "the welcome waters snack pack" or something like that. I know, I too, had a good laugh over that, but what is it, really?

Just now, johnjen said:

Just realized we're now "emerald" after this recent cruise, and we get something on the next cruise called "the welcome waters snack pack" or something like that. I know, I too, had a good laugh over that, but what is it, really?

Cookies and a beverage.  Call C&A to select yor beverage.

7 hours ago, island lady said:

That long cruise we skipped over it .....was right during "the change" also.  Drats...never go the pin.  🤔😉

It's funny though, I imagine some people may get very upset, for real, over not getting the pin. Ours are still on the cardboard in my junk drawer I think.