Just made Platinum!!!

CONGRATULATIONS 🎉🎊.  I’ll make Diamond after my 10 day Ovation cruise in December 2019.  Like many others I don’t have an  allegiance  to any particular cruise line, so it’s doubtful that I’ll get any higher than Diamond.  

We received our Platinum pins during our Anthem cruise in April and during that cruise went Emerald so am thinking our Emerald pins will be left in our suite in November.  We will get to Diamond 2 days into our Liberty cruise in March 2020 so we are looking forward to those pins while on Ovation in September 2020.  We did not even realize we were Platinum but now we are trying to see what ship we will be on when we finally get our first crystal.  We had never thought that far ahead and it is kinda fun thinking about those things.  You will enjoy and have fun with each step up and the benefits awarded, even though they do not see to be very much.

20 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Balcony discount!

Is that discount combinable with most of the other "offers" that get advertised? 

Asking as we seem to book exclusively with the "Kids Sail Free" offers at this point in our lives. *sigh*

11 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Is that discount combinable with most of the other "offers" that get advertised? 

Asking as we seem to book exclusively with the "Kids Sail Free" offers at this point in our lives. *sigh*

To some degree.  Sometimes you'll get the full Diamond balcony discount, other times they find a way to water it down......

16 hours ago, vettprincess said:

I will become Diamond during the 11/2 Anniv cruise. What will happen to me?

Walk the plank?  Announcement in the daily paper? Balloon drop?  Fireworks?

Dinner with the officers-I should only be so lucky. (I do know the tiers and perks-should after 50 years.)

Alas...you won't actually be Diamond until a week to 10 days after completion of that cruise when your official points are added.  But that will just make the next cruise that much sweeter! 🙂  Congrats!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ilikebigboats said:

Can I book the balcony discount online or do I need to call Royal Caribbean? I will turn emerald while on the Navigator next week!

You can book the balcony discount online.  You need to enter your C&A number (being logged in does not work for this) as part of the booking. 

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You can book the balcony discount online.  You need to enter your C&A number (being logged in does not work for this) as part of the booking. 

Okay thanks! That explains why I couldn’t find the discounted rate, I have to actually take steps to book cruise before I see the discount. 

7 minutes ago, Ilikebigboats said:

Okay thanks! That explains why I couldn’t find the discounted rate, I have to actually take steps to book cruise before I see the discount. 

When booking, click on the link that says "See if you qualify for exclusive rates" and one of the options will be your C&A number.

Do you get the pin on the first cruise after you achieved the level?

I'm on HoS now and should have turned Platinum after first night.  If points dont add until a week after this cruise then I guess it'll be in my Stateroom on my next cruise.

I'll likely make Carnival Platinum before RC Diamond...if only I stay with one company...

53 minutes ago, dude_hdt said:

Do you get the pin on the first cruise after you achieved the level?

I'm on HoS now and should have turned Platinum after first night.  If points dont add until a week after this cruise then I guess it'll be in my Stateroom on my next cruise.

I'll likely make Carnival Platinum before RC Diamond...if only I stay with one company...

And if the pin(s) aren't in your stateroom room on the following cruise go down to the LA office and they'll hook you up with your pin(s). Ours pins have always been in our stateroom for each tier level we've made. 

Edited by davekathy

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Alas...you won't actually be Diamond until a week to 10 days after completion of that cruise when your official points are added.  But that will just make the next cruise that much sweeter! 🙂  Congrats!  

Yes, I know my daughter just got diamond notification about 2 weeks after her reaching that level so she is ready as a diamond for the anniv. cruise.

51 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That is the way it's supposed to work.

We never got any pins for our different levels with RCL.  Do not really care but as a side note we just got a gold pin in our cabin on the Queen Mary 2 after only 3 week long cruises. Also we have not received any pins for our platinum and diamond levels with other cruise lines. What to do with all the pins anyway make a bikini?

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Thank you for the congrats.

2 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

We never got any pins for our different levels with RCL.  Do not really care but as a side note we just got a gold pin in our cabin on the Queen Mary 2 after only 3 week long cruises. Also we have not received any pins for our platinum and diamond levels with other cruise lines. What to do with all the pins anyway make a bikini?

That would be interesting.😊

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:
9 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

That would be interesting.😊

And possibly a little painful. 😨

1 hour ago, vettprincess said:

Our pins are in my wife's jewelry cabinet still on the cardboard. 

34 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I also have quiet a few in a drawer but they are the generic kind not that I have become diamond or any other level. It is thoughtful of the cruise lines to give out and some people are really happy they got one (and flaunt them). We would just like the perks that come with that level.

25 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

I also have quiet a few in a drawer but they are the generic kind not that I have become diamond or any other level. It is thoughtful of the cruise lines to give out and some people are really happy they got one (and flaunt them). We would just like the perks that come with that level.

I've never noticed anyone wearing and flaunting their pins.🎺 However all the associated perks are great. 

Edited by davekathy

18 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I've never noticed anyone wearing and flaunting their pins.🎺 However all the associated perks are great. 

I keep reading about the high level people in the lounges throwing their weight around. Someone has a few posts way back about these people. Can't remember but it was quiet good. We get more perks on the other lines but no big deal. I am just very happy to be upright and above ground to be able to cruise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Mine made it to a couple of favorite small stuffed animals as decoration.  😉  Bucky carries a small stuffed Dolphin toy in his carry on.  It is adored with a couple of Diamond pins, which gives her the name:  "Diamond Dolly"...LOL....  He likes taking pictures of her in various settings as we travel.  😄 

Edited by island lady