Just made Platinum!!!

15 hours ago, brillohead said:

Enjoy it!  I'm about to hit Diamond, and it doesn't seem like that long ago I was "pre-Gold"!!!

Funny you said that. I was thinking the same thing. When we first signed up for C&A after our first cruise some 10 years ago, I thought it was a waste of time since we'd never get anywhere near Diamond.

Now we are 2 cruises away (or 1 cruise in a JS) from hitting Diamond. Now I just need to book that cruise!

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

We just graduated to emerald , so I can book 2 cruises in junior suites or 4 cruises in our usual baclcony rooms to get to diamond where any meaningful perks are .

Think I will book balcony and just pay for the expresso and save thousands of dollars , lol 

And I get two more cruises whilst I climb to diamond . 

Cheers  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Finally made diamond and I doubt I will ever make diamond plus.  But that's okay too.

Congrats!

We're saying  that about Pinnacle. But never say never. When it happens it happens but until then we're enjoying the ride getting there. 

Edited by davekathy

Congrats   We made platinum 10 years ago.

Still there as we jump around with different cruise lines.

Don't think we will make diamond with any of them 

However we will turn Emerald after our Oasis cruise in April 

I remember when we made Platinum. We thought that was big deal and at the time, it was. We had no plans, just dreams to make Diamond. Then we hit Emerald and it was like "wow we made it to Emerald, only a few more cruises to Diamond". We hit Diamond a few cruises ago. While it was nice to start getting better perks at Platinum, the Diamond perks are so much better than Platinum or Emerald. Now we actually have our sights set on D+. We'll be retiring in another year and a half so that will allow for more time for cruises.

OP - Congratulations! Hang in there, Emerald will be there before you know it.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

Congrats!  I'm one point away from Platinum myself and looking at booking a short cruise before we try out Celebrity in February.  It would be nice to have some reciprocity perks to start off, but mainly I just want to get one more cruise in and my birthday is coming up!! 😃 It's been way too long since my last one.

8 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Question re platinum benefits.  We will be platinum after our next cruise in November 2020.   We may book another cruise before then for 2021 or 2022.

Can we book an Oceanview for that cruise and then upgrade to balcony after we make Platinum?  Will we still get the balcony discount?

You can also just book the balcony room from the start (to get the room location that you want) and later apply the Platinum Discount after you reach that level.  

Just be aware that the room will be repriced at the going rate at the time you apply the discount, so you may be better off not adding the discount if it will result in an overall increase in your total fare.  

• Like 1

Congratulations!   

We hit platinum after our next cruise later this year. We've cruised on multiple lines so hitting the next level on any one particular line seems like a big deal to us.

22 hours ago, davekathy said:

We're saying  that about Pinnacle. But never say never. When it happens it happens but until then we're enjoying the ride getting there. 

And until then....it's still a lovely ride as a Royal DS!  😘

On 7/19/2019 at 1:08 PM, Cruise_Couple said:

I just got the notice that we made Platinum in the Crown and Anchor Society! I know compared to others it is nothing and the platinum benefits aren't huge but we do not get to cruise very often so it feels like a big deal to me! Just wanted to share my excitement!

xRCI_Platinum_TierBoard-e1457324734117.jpg.pagespeed.ic.aoYm6WMGxU.jpg

Congrats!

Just made Platinum ourselves!  As you can see (if you expand the signature below) we are certainly not new to cruising, but fairly new to Royal. We're probably going to "bounce around" different lines, as they are certainly more alike than different. 

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:08 PM, Cruise_Couple said:

I just got the notice that we made Platinum in the Crown and Anchor Society! I know compared to others it is nothing and the platinum benefits aren't huge but we do not get to cruise very often so it feels like a big deal to me! Just wanted to share my excitement!

xRCI_Platinum_TierBoard-e1457324734117.jpg.pagespeed.ic.aoYm6WMGxU.jpg

Congratulations.   Every step forward is a step toward something higher.  Hooray for you.  We will level up to Emerald on our next cruise. Next stop after that Diamond.