Celebrity Premier Pass

mahdnc

12 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Check the perks chart on Celebrity's perk chart. Elites and Elite plus get a discount on bottles of wine. Elite Plus gets a discount on drink packages. Just about everybody can get a discount on the internet.

If the perks are being devalued, that's because people are buying services that eliminate the use of them. primarily the drink packages. I survive very nicely on the two hours up in the Sky Lounge almost every night, the mimosas at the Elite breakfast and the free cappuccinos and other specialty coffees being Elite Plus. Total cost for drinks for the cruise $0. As far as the internet, we each get 240 free minutes and have never used them all.

It is fortunate that you have these benefits and enjoy them.  But very few people on a Celebrity cruise ship overall are Elite and above.  Perhaps a few hundred of 3000+ passengers total.  

This is exactly why I am "loyal" to no cruise line.  Loyalty-earned perks diminish or their value is decreased.  I have some cruise lines I like more than others but generally price vs. value and itinerary always wins out for me.  It's easier for me stay in a suite and buy the perks as I go disregarding "loyalty."

Just now, cruisestitch said:

"Perhaps a few hundred of 3000+ passengers total.  "

Except on transatlantics where the number of Elites and above regularly rises above 1000 passengers,

Ok you can find exceptions but even in that case on an S-Class ship 2/3 of the passengers would not be Elite or above.  Most normal cruises it is just a few hundred passengers.

Agree -- the other cruises which used to regularly see 1000+ Elites and above were the 14 night Caribbean, but those cruises are no more (for now -- who knows if they might reinstate them in the future).  It became a regular occurrence for Celebrity to put on two Captain's Club staff members to handle them all.  I think the most Elites and above I ever saw was around 1200, and approximately the same number of Classic and Selects -- so more than two-thirds of the ship.  The Elite breakfast overflowed the Tuscan Grill and into the nearby Qsine.  

On 7/20/2019 at 6:02 PM, cruisestitch said:

I am missing something. This is the per person price, but it includes the inside access tour for two people?  Something’s amiss.

Agree something is amiss...if it's a per person price and not per stateroom, shouldn't everything that you get in the package double?   Access tour would accommodate 4 people, two bags laundry, 4 devices and so on?  Seems a little pricey for a per person rate. 

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

If I sail in a suite then the loyalty benefits do not come too much into play.  Just laundry.

Yep, suite pax don't seem to do well with their captains club membership. When it's overhauled some time in the future I'd like to see that changed in some way. 

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Agree something is amiss...if it's a per person price and not per stateroom, shouldn't everything that you get in the package double?   Access tour would accommodate 4 people, two bags laundry, 4 devices and so on?  Seems a little pricey for a per person rate. 

I'm guessing it's a per cabin rate for two passengers. That's how the alcoves are booked. Only one passenger makes the purchase. 

5 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

So that makes it away wise deal for single passengers, unless they will only charge them 50% of that price and somehow I don’t see that  happening.

Why should the line loose money?   Have seem alcoves with 6 people and others with two.  

Edited by Cruise a holic

On 7/21/2019 at 4:57 AM, Miaminice said:

Funny, we spent the money because we love cruising and enjoy the destinations.

Never ever did we cruise for points. We are now E+ and couldn’t care less.

Embarkation never took us longer than 30 minutes at any port worldwide, regardless which level we had... record time was 8 minutes from entering the terminal to having the welcome drink. 

All this priority here, priority there talk and all this loyalty point stuff is nothing more but feeding people‘s egos and feelings of entitlement. So if anyone wants to spend money on that... why not, it’s their money. Cruise lines are no charities, their goal is to make profit. 

Totally agree. Bonus points and priority booking etc. Are nice additional perks, though. We met three other well travelled cruising couples in 2015 and they took us newbies under their wing. We had only gone on two cruises before this in 1990 and 1992.   So happy just meeting people and just being able to travel to beautiful places. 

Lorne and Judy Anderson

South Surrey, BC Canada

I've been informed by my travel agent that only guests in upper suites, who have family or friends that are travelling with them but not in a suite, may buy this. The program is limited to the first 16 people who sign up.  It is on a priority basis, meaning offered to Penthouse first, then Royal, then Celebrity suite guests. It is $59 per person, per day and must be paid prior to sailing.  This would be purchased, for example, if you and your partner were traveling in the PH but had friends traveling in a verandah cabin.  You could purchase this package for your friends in the verandah cabin.  So not every person onboard is eligible to purchase this program.  Also it's a pilot program and may or may not stay.  

36 minutes ago, hcat said:

According the the OPs post, this was available for purchase for their booking. No limit or class distinction was mentioned

We are booked in one of the veranda categories (FV) which carries no special status in of itself.

Of the 3 cruises that we have booked, this one (Dec 23 2019 Solstice 12 Night New Zealand) is the only one that offers Premier Pass.  The other two--Dec 20 2020 Millennium and Jan 4 2021 Solstice--do not.

Are other Cruise Critic members with a Celebrity Cruise booked not seeing this on their Cruise Planner?

Edited by mahdnc

24 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

We are booked in one of the veranda categories (FV) which carries no special status in of itself.

Of the 3 cruises that we have booked, this one (Dec 23 2019 Solstice 12 Night New Zealand) is the only one that offers Premier Pass.  The other two--Dec 20 2020 Millennium and Jan 4 2021 Solstice--do not.

Are other Cruise Critic members with a Celebrity Cruise booked not seeing this on their Cruise Planner?

It’s not on mine for next month

It is in my cruise planner for our August 17th cruise on Equinox. We are in a Concierge Class cabin. I just read through the details and there is nothing to indicate that purchase of this package is restricted.

Edited by CruisinNole

1 minute ago, CruisinNole said:

It is in my cruise planner for our August 17th cruise on Equinox. We are in a Concierge Class cabin.

Found it now, had to go in to the menu then click on internet and more, it does say price per person.

Also, since she posted earlier about it on this thread, Mum81, is on our Dec 23 sailing and she has the Premier Pass option as well.  Her family of 3 is also in a veranda cabin.  If it truly is a limited offering (e.g. available to the 1st 16 people who sign up), then this is a very large coincidence for the two of us to have this option.

I just think it’s very confusing, it’s an offer where half of it covers two people yet it states “ price per person”. Until we know for sure one price actually covers two people and not one it’s hard to judge the value.

I’m thinking now that maybe there are 2 separate programs.....this premier pass and then the suite program I was told about.  Sounds like they are 2 totally separate programs?????

On 7/20/2019 at 4:11 PM, mahdnc said:

Perks Extra.JPG

What section was it under? Checked all 4 of our upcoming cruises, not listed for us. 

I suspect this is an initial marketing test by X to gauge interest and determine most profitable price point. 

1 hour ago, DebInAntigua said:

What section was it under? Checked all 4 of our upcoming cruises, not listed for us. 

I suspect this is an initial marketing test by X to gauge interest and determine most profitable price point. 

In your Cruise Planner, it is found in the "Internet & More" section.....

1073622F-83DA-4B28-9ED6-C129B7160B89.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

19 hours ago, jcpc said:

I’m thinking now that maybe there are 2 separate programs.....this premier pass and then the suite program I was told about.  Sounds like they are 2 totally separate programs?????

There are two separate programs.  The suite program, I am told, is $59 a night per person, and only available for family members of those in PH and RS (likely the corresponding suites on the new builds).  It includes:

Retreat Lounge
Retreat Sun Deck
Luminae
Priority Arrival and Departure
Curbside luggage drop off
reserved theater seating
Suite Class distinctive key card
BUT - it does not include specialty dining.  So if you plan on a few nights of specialty dining, you will be paying for dining three times - in the cruise fare, with this program, and in specialty dining.  This is a pass for us. 

Edited by JFontaine