Mediterranean cruise in May weather?

Tikka234

57 minutes ago, Tikka234 said:

Hi looking at a med cruise next May what weather can we expect?

or should we go in June prices are a £1000 more in June

Thanks 

Entirely a matter of personal choice. How hot do you like it? Check out various websites showing average weather conditions.

Personally I’d far sooner go in May, regardless of price.

• Like 1

You take your chances...

We went to the Med mid June this year, weather was not great at all, one good day in 7.

We went to the Fjords last May and got sunburnt in Bergen, that apparently only has about 2 dry days a decade!!!

Save the grand and have a fantastic time.

Andy

Just now, AndyMichelle said:

You take your chances...

We went to the Med mid June this year, weather was not great at all, one good day in 7.

We went to the Fjords last May and got sunburnt in Bergen, that apparently only has about 2 dry days a decade!!!

Save the grand and have a fantastic time.

Andy

Thanks we went to fjords in June and Bergen was our best day weather size lovely sunny day 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tikka234 said:

Hi looking at a med cruise next May what weather can we expect?

or should we go in June prices are a £1000 more in June

Thanks 

Last week in May first week in June would be my preferred time because it is warm but without the stifling humidity of June.

11 hours ago, Hols4 said:

Ho!s4

Did the med 27th May to 14th June sunny and warm every day,yet the week before in Italy they had heavy rain for nearly a week!

Yup that was us. Rained 4 days out of 7. Was not pleasant and limited deck activity. Thinking the med would be warm in May took only one pair trousers and no waterproof shoes  lesson learnt. 

The great advantage of May is that the places you visit shouldn't be as crowded. Most years the weather is good in May, and warn though not so hot as in June. As someone who doesn't like hot weather, my own favourite times to go to the med are April and October, when the destinations are even quieter.

A few years ago now we went on an Eastern Med cruise from Southampton, leaving, I believe on 10th May.  The weather wasn't good until we got to Rhodes.  I remember looking round Palma in the rain.  The return journey to Southampton was much better.  The temperature in Rhodes was very hot!  So I would guess be prepared for all eventualities.

When we lived in Spain, the locals would say that summer began on May 51st! 

Having said that, May was one of our favourite months, but the downside is that the weather is by no means settled

20 hours ago, Tikka234 said:

Which would you choose and why, 9th May maybe cooler weather or 23RD May school holidays ? Would it be a lot busier

Haven't been on Britannia before, or Med 

Thanks

I would avoid the school holidays, Britannia is a very family friendly ship, so will probably be busy and more expensive.

As I said previously, you take your chances and there are no guarantees anytime.

The nice thing about cruising is there is plenty to do, even if the weather is not fantastic.

Andy