Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

2 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Brilliance appears to sail from Tampa to Boston on August 30th  with stops at Grand Cayman on the 1st of September and St. Maarten on the 8th of September with most likely ABC ports along the way to the Boston arrival on September 12th. 

Works for me!

This is 2020.

Royal Website has pulled sale on cruises from Hong Kong on Voyager Of The Seas. 
Nothing on sale from early July 2020 to late September 2020.

Maybe Voyager is going to be used a hotel in Japan for the Olympics. Or going elsewhere because of the recent local issues. 

7 hours ago, Jax129 said:

Noooooo.  I'm so curious what;s causing the delay

Although that's the week  the itineraries for The Greek Isles out of Rome for 2020 were released. And the price briefly went down after the new year then up & up & up

Probably Jewel

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

This is 2020.

Maybe Voyager is going to be used a hotel in Japan for the Olympics. Or going elsewhere because of the recent local issues. 

Oh no. I'm booked on the reposition from Hong Kong on the 5th October. Might hold off booking flights for now

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

This is 2020.

Thx for sharing.  The only surprise is that it took Royal so long to act given the sharp downturn in Hong Kong tourism.  

Japan deployment is an interesting idea although I have seen Princess discounting there recently.  Wonder if they have a plan yet.  

4 hours ago, springaussie said:

This is 2020.

Spectrum's late 2020 Hong Kong season might be next to go.   She could be deployed to Sydney and/or Brisbane for the southern summer.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

Thx for sharing.  The only surprise is that it took Royal so long to act given the sharp downturn in Hong Kong tourism.  

Japan deployment is an interesting idea although I have seen Princess discounting there recently.  Wonder if they have a plan yet.  

NCL loaded up for Japan with many on an old 2,000 pax ship, Spirit.  She is also scheduled out of Singapore and Hong Kong all summer. 

3 minutes ago, andreasfcb said:

Is the cruise search also down for you? I'm getting a 500 Internal Server Error ("Sorry, something went wrong") when I try to search a cruise at the moment.

I didn't get a message, but I didn't get connected either.  Perhaps they are working on China phase 1.

6 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Looks like she is going to Shanghai instead of Hong Kong. 

Quantum might head down instead and Spectrum to Singapore. Spectrum is designed for Asia so probably will stay in the region

We will suppose to get China Phase 1 this week and we got this.. Interesting

Edited by WaveSplasher
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, R & T said:

What about the Panama Canal for 2021?  When will it be released?

Royal does not seem to have regular Panama Canal cruises.  They have varied from year to year, with none at all between 2015 and 2018. I believe the only one scheduled for 2020 is Serenade, westbound, on May 4. This thread is a good resource for checking on any future Canal cruises. 

I asked Next Cruise onboard Jewel this afternoon about the Adventure and Odyssy Europe 2021 sailings.

She said that they have no information as yet. When I told her the Adventure TA is on line but not bookable, she checked her system and it was not even showing on hers.

Her advice was to just keep checking! 

1 hour ago, Jack McGowan said:

In 2021, Independence will be out of the Caribbean and Explorer will be sailing Caribbean & Scandinavia (from Copenhagen).  

No 2nd ship in the UK after all or any Freedom Class in Europe. That's a bit rubbish.

Surprising that they have 2 Voyager Class ships on the Baltic run, that seems crazy to me given that they are warm weather ships.

Just now, CruisingJoe09 said:

No 2nd ship in the UK after all or any Freedom Class in Europe. That's a bit rubbish.

Surprising that they have 2 Voyager Class ships on the Baltic run, that seems crazy to me given that they are warm weather ships.

It surprised me also, Copenhagen for Explorer and Stockholm for Adventure. Shame about no freedom class ships, there’s a clear gap where Indy could have been out of the UK 😞