Does Jan Swartz Cruise?

need2cruisesoon

Apparently you are commenting on Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises.  There are many other “ladies” involved in the management of cruise lines. 

While we have met Lisa Lutoff-Perlo while on two Celebrity cruises, we have yet to meet the current Princess President. 

• Like 1

I have read that she has shown up for a few days on some cruises. I have not heard of any "President's" cruise. It would probably be good if she did take a cruise a few times a year to see first hand what passengers are doing and thinking, and to see first hand what is working and what is not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

I have read that she has shown up for a few days on some cruises. I have not heard of any "President's" cruise. It would probably be good if she did take a cruise a few times a year to see first hand what passengers are doing and thinking, and to see first hand what is working and what is not. 

Yes. Jan was on the CB last year. She was blending in with the passengers. She was friendly was willing to talk with me. I invited her to our M&G. She had a meeting with the captain and was unable to attend however she had a staff member come. It was wonderful to have someone from her staff to share information and answer questions. 

11 hours ago, need2cruisesoon said:

Just wondering if she cruises or does Presidents cruises.

The other lady, Lisa does cruise from the X cruise line.

Yes.  I have had dinner with her several times.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

10 hours ago, antsp said:

Interesting that the ceo of Celebrity is currently doing q&a via cruise critic, maybe Princess ceo should do the same

If memory serves me correctly, Jan Swartz (sp?) did the same guest spot on Cruise Critic couple of years ago.

There was a thread that someone posted about Jan being in Alaska and she was at the dock greeting passengers when they returned from their shore excursions.  She then boarded the ship and cruised thru Alaska

Without a doubt, Ms. Swartz cruises on Princess ... crew and staff know she's coming, everyone is on their best behavior, all is spit-shined and perfect.

Not unlike what might happen at a manufacturing company where mgmt and staff are tipped off to an upcoming OSHA inspection.

The most genuine and heartfelt expression of gratitude I ever received onboard a Princess ship (Coral, Nov 2018) came from a Thai cabin steward (not my cabin attendant) I encountered a couple of times in the corridor on my way to and from the self-laundry:  " Thank you for coming back to Princess.  Without you we would not have jobs."

More genuine than glad-handing, bean-counting, achieving revenue goals at any expense.

Edited by pms4104

4 hours ago, pms4104 said:

The most genuine and heartfelt expression of gratitude I ever received onboard a Princess ship (Coral, Nov 2018) came from a Thai cabin steward (not my cabin attendant) I encountered a couple of times in the corridor on my way to and from the self-laundry:  " Thank you for coming back to Princess.  Without you we would not have jobs."

I have been told that once, too, by a Filipino junior waiter at Christmas time. He said he grew up very poor in a large family and they couldn’t afford shoes. Now shoes are his favorite purchase. Just thinking about it now can get me to tear up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I have been told that once, too, by a Filipino junior waiter at Christmas time. He said he grew up very poor in a large family and they couldn’t afford shoes. Now shoes are his favorite purchase. Just thinking about it now can get me to tear up. 

Awe. Also just the simple act of kindness and talking to the crew, asking about them about their families makes them feel so appreciative as they are far from home