platinum disembarking lounge

carmensmom

We are platinum and will be traveling with another couple who are new to Princess. I know that they cannot got through priority check in, we will just use regular check in with them. My question is upon disembarking will they be able to use the Platinum/Elite disembarking lounge with us? Our bookings are linked and we are traveling home together on the same flights.

14 minutes ago, carmensmom said:

We are platinum and will be traveling with another couple who are new to Princess. I know that they cannot got through priority check in, we will just use regular check in with them. My question is upon disembarking will they be able to use the Platinum/Elite disembarking lounge with us? Our bookings are linked and we are traveling home together on the same flights.

Because your departure is so coordinated, just explain the situation (with a smile) at the entrance to the room they are using that morning and I am sure you won't have a problem.  Not everyone who is eligible to use the room even goes because of early departures, or getting coffee at IC, etc.  Worst case is you go to the room they are using for your disembark group.  It's not really a "lounge" per se.

Edited by steelers36

The disembarkation area is usually the Vista Lounge/Club Fusion at the aft of deck 7.  While there is a crew member at the entrance, we have never had to show our cruise card.  This is not to say they do not check but rather in our experience (30+ cruises on Princess) we have not been asked.  On the last cruise where we took our DS and his family, we all went to the PES disembarkation are with no questions asked.  Both enter the lounge at the same time and there will most likely not be a problem. 

• Like 2

This is our experience. You can probably do it. The lounge is often very crowded, I have even been turned away. On many cruises more than half the passengers qualify. The Lounge is often in the aft of the ship while the "regular" lounges are closer to mid ship and the disembarkation gang plank. We no longer use the special lounge. Find it easier to just use the regular waiting area for our color tag. 

• Like 1

My guess is, you'll be allowed to gather as a group.  On the other hand, as others have noted, if the # of elites & platinums on board is high, I'd find another space to hang out, there are no genuine benefits (IMHO).  

More important is to make sure you and your friends are in the same debarkation group Yellow 4, Green 5 or whatever.  Otherwise, regardless of your status you won't be permitted to leave together as the luggage is staged in the terminal by group.  Make sure you're in the same group and if you aren't stop by guest services (or the shore excursions desk) to explain your situation and get into one group.

Safe travels.

• Like 1

Among the perks of the upper tiers, this seems one of the least significant. If there's room in the room, I don't think anyone will object. It's not like a suite passenger asking to bring a friend to Sabatini's (or whatever) for breakfast.

Jim

We rarely get off early - usually in the 10:30 group or so. We eat a leisurely breakfast and then head to the disembarkation lounge. We pass the folks huddled on the floor in the area around Explorers and go to the Platinum/Elite disembarkation lounge where we snag a table and wait. I tend to grab a split or two of champagne the night before and take that with me. I use the free OJ in the lounge to make disembarkation Mimosas. Very relaxing. We have yet to find the lounge crowded but perhaps that's because we don't get off early. Nobody has ever questioned us as to "status" when we entered.

Edited by Thrak

8 hours ago, carmensmom said:

Any reason you cannot join them in their appointed waiting area ... considering the plat/elite debark area often is over-crowded? 

Contrary to the experiences some cited here, our cards have been checked at the lounge entrance

• Like 1

11 hours ago, carmensmom said:

Strictly on principle, in my opinion, NO.  Just because someone travels with Platinum/Elite, doesn't make them Platinum/Elite.  Even tho' nobody really looses anything, it is a Platinum/Elite perk, for Platinum/Elite.  This also includes a lot of other perks, Platinum/Elite lounge and head of the line tender for example.  Per Princess, non Platinum/Elite traveling with you in your stateroom are excepted.  Wait in the lounge on your tags with them.  It is not really that big a loss.  Also, you are willing to board with them, go ahead and disembark with them.

• Like 1

On Coral Princess in Alaska last month it was the Wheelhouse Bar that was used.  We wanted a late disembarkation as we were checking in to a hotel in Vancouver.  The bar was very quiet and uncrowded - very civilised.  Having said that, the numbers of Platinum/Elite pax was low - the Loyalty Manager on board told us there were only 30 Elite pax.

DW & I had to wait until we earned Platinum level benefits.  Why should first time cruisers get the same benefits?  It seems to me that a lot of threads on CC are people who are trying to scam the system and get away with things they aren't supposed to get. 

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

DW & I had to wait until we earned Platinum level benefits.  Why should first time cruisers get the same benefits?  It seems to me that a lot of threads on CC are people who are trying to scam the system and get away with things they aren't supposed to get. 

And it seems to me that some people feel that they can try to tell others they do not know what they can and can not do despite what the venue allows. Yes it takes awhile to earn Platinum but sometimes things earned come with situations you have no control over.  

Edited by Potstech