Favorite foods onboard

mdpa

5 minutes ago, clo said:

If you cook it, grill some peaches.  A chef friend recommended this and it's wonderful.

How about grilled peaches with alittle 

VSOP  BRANDY!! It is 9pm here and we ate dinner😡 I’m hungry now for something I can’t have🙄

Denise😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, clo said:

I've not thought to ask, are O's lobsters from Maine?

I was having a meal with a F & B Manager once onboard Oceania and he mentioned there is a Lobster farmer (if farmer is the correct term) in Maine who Oceania has made very rich. His produce is shipped all around the world to Oceania ships to ensure quality.

• Like 1

I agree that O bread products are very good.  In the morning at terrace there are fresh baked cinnamon buns WARM and oozing with dripping yumminess. I highly recommend.  I am off carbohydrates in anticipation.

Hard to believe that this thread is this many posts in without a recommendation of the superb baby lamb chops at breakfast-

They have been an O tradition, with us anyway,  since '05!!!

Try them with the warmed (seared) figs and a drop of honey..........as mother used to say, this dish  will "knock your eye out".  

Delicious and uncommon enough to be a real treat.  

• Like 4

The minute I saw your name I remembered that I had forgotten about the breakfast lamb chops!!!  How come I knew, just in viewing your name, that you would mention them??!! 😏

But they are SO good!

I also love the creme brulee (already mentioned) and a particular dessert the name of which is escaping me at the moment ... oh well.  Senior moment, I guess.

• Like 2

I love the almondines at breakfast, tastes just like ooey gooey butter cake, but with almonds and sometimes chocolate. 

Edited by ORV

1 hour ago, StanandJim said:

Hard to believe that this thread is this many posts in without a recommendation of the superb baby lamb chops at breakfast-

They have been an O tradition, with us anyway,  since '05!!!

Try them with the warmed (seared) figs and a drop of honey..........as mother used to say, this dish  will "knock your eye out".  

Delicious and uncommon enough to be a real treat.  

Seems an odd item for breakfast but those little beauties are fabulous. Double order, medium rare, please. 

30 minutes ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

Seems an odd item for breakfast but those little beauties are fabulous. Double order, medium rare, please. 

So do they only have them at breakfast?

I knew I shouldn't open this thread; I won't be sailing O until March 2020 and now I am just absolutely salivating over those foods just mentioned as well as others I love (just about everything) from my previous cruises on Oceania.

Donna

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

@clo- They also serve lamb in the GDR for dinner. I don't recall if it's available every night.

I do not recall it every night  but it is available in polo  & maybe Toscana & the Terrace Grill for dinner 

not baby ones  but Lamb is available  someplace on the ship 😉   one of my favourites

• Like 2

Second all of the above recommendations. We love the frogs legs in Jacques too.

I would add caviar at Sunday brunch and on gala second night dinner in MLR (ask for a double order). And, when available on the daily Italian menu, the crispy Veal Milanese.

The raisin scones with clotted cream at afternoon tea; the grilled lobster tails and shrimp at the Terrace Cafe evening buffet; the croissants at breakfast rivaled by the sticky buns (decisions; decisions); yes, those lovely lamb chops at Red Ginger after your watermelon and duck salad; the crab cake at Polo or anywhere else it pops up; the NY-style cheesecake; the molten chocolate dessert; the handmade pastas (only a few are) at Toscana; and my “double surf, no turf and no bun” lunch at Waves Grill.

Nothing special so I use my calories elsewhere: the ice cream anywhere onboard. 

Edited by CintiPam
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

It's going to make your heart do more than that.  One ounce of foie gras has 12 grams of fat and 42 grams of cholesterol.

Oh yea.... I spent a week in Alsace ....Read cheese, butter sausage, foie gras. Characroute... and fat of ever type and description in un-reasonable quantities and frequency..

and when I came back   I had a cholesterol number pushing almost 190...... took a month to get it back to below 100. Same with BP.... Off the charts...     I can imagine  what it would be like if I spent a month!!!

The pumpkin soup,    Scallops grilled    The seafood salad in Terrace  the Tuna steak sanwitch with ginger aoli  in WAVES    and Shrimp and grits in Terrace ( you assemble).. and the Waves burger, no cheese.  done  rare, with curry mayo...and grilled onion .  nothing else on it.   Simple elegance.

Seriously, come and be surprised by what you discover....creating high or un-realistic expectations  will not  let you enjoy the moment.. Be surprised 

3945_plat1_1.jpg

Edited by Hawaiidan
  • Like 1

One strategy for limiting calorie intake is to avoid eating bread, potato, rice, and pasta, and dessert other than fresh fruit...

But of course you do need thin white toast for your caviar. I like it best with a light spread of sour cream on the toast and a light squeeze of lemon. No egg or onion!

I totally agree! Along with sips of vodka or akavit right out of the freezer (though unfortunately Oceania doesn’t offer that so I settle for a very cold vodka or akavit martini with no vermouth...). Or champagne.