What is Infinity like these days?

micmacmissy

Might take a quick 5-night in January and Infinity is the one that fits the bill.  We have been on Mercury (1999), Millennium (2007), and Silhouette (2013) but none since then.

We loved the t-pool on Millennium...wondering if Infinity has that?  Anyone on there recently that can give us an idea how the service and specialty restaurants are onboard these days?

Looking at a possible Concierge cabin in the aft - any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

I was on infinity last month and she is definitely showing her age in some areas ( guest rooms and the bathrooms). But what stood out for me was the attitude of indifference from staff. On past cruises, service stood out, making our cruise special. 

I was on infinity for a short 4 nighter I’m March. The stateroom baths (grout/tile) were showing their age. Some public area toilets were out of order. The Persian garden had seen better days too. Other than that, it was beautifully maintained and cared for. We had above and beyond service every day and every meal, without exception.   I traveled with friends that are carnival and rc regulars and they thought it was the nicest cruise they’d ever sailed, by a factor of 10. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DanaDanes said:

I was on infinity for a short 4 nighter I’m March. The stateroom baths (grout/tile) were showing their age. Some public area toilets were out of order. The Persian garden had seen better days too. Other than that, it was beautifully maintained and cared for. We had above and beyond service every day and every meal, without exception.   I traveled with friends that are carnival and rc regulars and they thought it was the nicest cruise they’d ever sailed, by a factor of 10. 

Thanks for this - we'll be on Infinity in October for my 2nd and my husband's 1st cruise!

We were on it in October 2017 (I realize that is now 2 years ago), however we thought it held up well, and we didn't see any problem areas.  Not all the new amenities of the S-Class ships (we've been on the Silhouette), but still beautiful nonetheless.  Yes, it had the T-Pool, and we used it a few times...was awesome!  The staff was terrific!

I’m on it now - sofa bed has seen better days and the bathroom grouting could do with attention but apart from that the cabin looks good . Balcony has some rust but that’s expected on any ship . All the public areas are clean and food last night was great 

• Like 2

We did a a b2b 9-nighter on the Infinity in Dec. of 2018...the ship was meticulously taken care of the entire time.  Hallway carpeting was replaced being on the floors we stayed on.  We had aft cabins on both cruises, 7208 and 9162.  Both balconies were great although 7208 seemed like you sitting in a tunnel.  9162 was directly beneath the bar on top.  So we would ocassionally have music, which was nice.  We would book another cruise on this ship.

Just off the July 27th sailing....thought the service was very good. Didn't try any specialty restaurants. We all loved the buffet which had many, many options on both sides as opposed to having the same thing on each side. Our cabin was fine...no isues there. I understand the ship will be going into drydock for a complete overhaul next year. I have to say disembarkation was the fastest and best I've ever encountered. Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, micmacmissy said:

Does anyone know when Infinity goes into drydock?

According to the website, Infinity goes into drydock in November 2020.

We have a 5-nighter booked in March on Infinity.  We've been on Century, Eclipse and Reflection.  This will be our first M class ship.  Can someone expand on the T pool, please?  I've been very curious about it.  Is it available for use by anyone or does one have to be in a certain class cabin to use it?  Thanks in advance.

The "T" pool is a jetted pool in a covered atrium-like space aft of the outdoor pool/bar area on deck 10. In the pool area there are  two hot tubs. The pool has constant wave (soothing) motions and cascading bars along the sides to recline on and several overhead water spouts. There is a shower near the steps into the pool. The atrium has chaises and tables and the Aqua Spa Cafe is nearby too with a small but healthy menu. 

The area is adult only unless there is inclement weather. 

I think that just about describes it. Generally it is not too crowded. There are no organized activities in the T pool area so it is a quiet retreat. Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 9:16 PM, xraymomma said:

I’ve been wondering the same thing. We’ve been on the Summit and Equinox, and we’ve talked our die-hard Carnival-loving friends into joining us on the Infinity

next March. I hope it doesn’t disappoint!

Our first time sailing on X was in AQ on the Solstice, prior to that was many on Carnival and Princes.   It was fabulous.  

We told all of our cruising friends how great it was and convinced another couple that were die hard Carnival cruisers to try one and how great AQ was with the Persians Gardens, the cabins, foot stools on the balcony and etc.  The four of us booked a 7 day cruise on the Summit to Bermuda.

It was a total let down.   We didn’t know that he Summit was completely different than the S Class.   Small balconies, bathrooms that looked like being made for a travel trailer, a cave for the Persian Gardens with no loungers and etc.  State rooms that were rundown, rusted and worn fixtures in the lav and etc. 

We were disappointed and they weren’t impressed.  They went back to Carnival.

We continued sailing on X and now don’t recommend or ask anyone to sail with us.  

Just let let them know that the ship is older and the newer ships are much better and don’t expect it to be like the Edge or S Class ships.

We still sail in the M class but know what to expect.   M Class has a lot of nice features and also some not as good.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

Cruised on her in January...not a fan.  Old ship, mediocre food (except for specialty restaurants), fair service, no way to find a chair at any pool on sea days, buffet is a total zoo.  Will never try her again.  We loved all the other Celebrity cruises we have taken.

• Like 1

We have sailed her several times in the past couple of years.  No issues at all.  Granted she is showing her age a bit, but overall was well-maintained.  Service was as good, or better, than any Celebrity cruises (and we have sailed 17 between this year and last).  I admit it has been a few months since we last sailed her, but I would not expect huge changes in that time.  

I personally like M class ships very much and disagree that S class ships are "much better".  They are larger and therefore have more public venues, but they also have more passengers so public areas are just as crowded IMHO (especially on Reflection). They are newer, but as M class ships get updated I doubt you'll be able to tell the difference in that regard.   I do agree that the buffet on M class is not as nice as on S class but I understand it is being improved when revolutionized.  It is also true that the spa area on S class is nicer than M class - this doesn't matter to me at all but may to some.  M class has a MUCH better pool in their spa area IMHO.

We just booked a short 5 nighter on Infinity.   Since we got the free movies back does anyone remember the size of the television in the Concierge cabins?  It looks like 26 in from the few clips I have been able to find.  Not a deal breaker I was just curious.

• 3 months later...