Half a Million Guests

jhannah

I was surprised it was only 500,000 but then I had to remember that for some time the ships of the dam fleet were small.

That was a nice surprise gift for you.  No problem taking it off the ship?

Doing some rough calculations.

Zaandam entered the fleet 5/6/00, which iw roughly 7,000 days ago. With a capacity of 1,432 and depending on cruise lengths that would put the number of passengers on Zaandam alone at around the half a million mark

Whew! When I saw the title,I thought you were going to tell us RCCL was building their latest Megasaurus of the Seas. 😂

It's nice that they gave you something to commerate the milestone.  Hope you had a great cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, cruisebie said:

Whew! When I saw the title,I thought you were going to tell us RCCL was building their latest Megasaurus of the Seas. 😂

It's nice that they gave you something to commerate the milestone.  Hope you had a great cruise.

And I was concerned it was The next ship on HAL’s drawing board.😯

(That would even make the KingKongDam look small.)

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Nice gift.

I agree with Rich -- that 500,000 is probably only for the Zaandam.

When we sailed on the Zaandam in 2000, she was only doing 7 day cruises.  When we sailed on her a couple of years later, she was doing 10 day cruises.

She also did a bunch of 15 day circle Hawaii and recently many 30 day South America. It would only take an average cruise length of 20 days for the math to work out.

• Like 1

Here's another rough calculation: the total double occupancy of the entire fleet today is about 25,000. It only takes 20 cruises of the entire fleet to rack up 500,000.  If the average cruise length is let's say 12 days, that's 750,000 per year!

Edited by catl331
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

She also did a bunch of 15 day circle Hawaii and recently many 30 day South America. It would only take an average cruise length of 20 days for the math to work out.

Your right Rich! We did several 15 day Circle Hawaii in 2008,2009,2010!

The math works out!

Denise👍

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

Doing some rough calculations.

Zaandam entered the fleet 5/6/00, which iw roughly 7,000 days ago. With a capacity of 1,432 and depending on cruise lengths that would put the number of passengers on Zaandam alone at around the half a million mark

That makes perfect sense, Rich 🙂.  Thanks for doing the math. 😄 

1 hour ago, taxmantoo said:

What a nice gesture.  That makes me think that Cruise Critic should start working on a cookie for when we hit the 500,000th post on dress codes :classic_rolleyes:

Careful. Some posters may take that as a challenge.

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2019 at 8:51 PM, sevenseasnomad said:

Nice treat.  Will you eat the cookie?  If not, what do you plan to do with it?  Curious people want to know.

Dear Curious People:

EATEN!!! (And it was quite good.)

😋

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jhannah said:

Dear Curious People:

EATEN!!! (And it was quite good.)

😋

I imagine it was.  It resembled the gourmet cookies my niece offered guests as a gift at her wedding.  My youngest sister, not the bride's mother, ordered a dozen for her son's 21st birthday.  She didn't think to check the price.  When the person on the phone informed her it totaled $87.50, she almost fainted.  She ordered them anyway because of the special occasion.  She likes to say "those were the best cookies I ever ate."  I should hope so.

I can't imagine that HAL ordered from this company, which does everything by hand, even painting the cookies, but your treat looked very similar to them.

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

another reference to half a million guests --

It's been 23 years since first visited Montreal, now they're celebrating their 500,000th cruise guest (link: https://buff.ly/2N0T59V) buff.ly/2N0T59V

That's exactly what I thought it was referencing.  Thanks for the link.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂