Celebrity Web Site

Pickels

Celebrity has one of the worst web sites that I have ever seen!  I've been in  IT for more years than I'd like to admit to.  Made my reservations thru the Celebrity Web site back in July with no problem.  but, this weekend I wanted to check on my reservation; when my account came up, I could not access any of my data.  Tried for the past week, every day, same crap.  I waited for over an 1/2 hour on the phone to finally speak with a representative who had no answer, the problem is still not resolved.  When I put in my reservation number, either the web site can't access my account or, it asks if I'd like to make a reservation!  Celebrity please get some professional IT personnel to work on your web site!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 39august said:

What data are you trying to access?  If you are speaking of check-in or documents, those are not available until about 45 days before your sail date.

Not those, -- wanted to make a payment, and check for cabin change.  I know those are not available until 45 days before.

Thanks

I have found that tge weekends are tge time I have the most problems with the website.  However I was just working on two of my bookings and had no problems.  I’m sure with your IT experience you have tried the normal options.  I hope it gets corrected soon. 

28 minutes ago, RickT said:

Many of us often say.... Thank god the onboard experience is better than the on-line experience.

Totally agree.  Their website is a disgrace.  I often wonder how many people give up and go to another company.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Totally agree.  Their website is a disgrace.  I often wonder how many people give up and go to another company.

If I were a first-timer, and didn't know how nice the onboard experience actually is, I would very likely give up and go elsewhere. As it is, I will often search for a similar itinerary on Princess and have "jumped ship" so to speak. 

5 hours ago, RickT said:

Many of us often say.... Thank god the onboard experience is better than the on-line experience.

Agreed.

I've also seen some posters suggesting that the website performance is worse on the weekends. From an IT perspective can anybody comment on why that would be the case? I am not in IT, so my knowledge is lacking, but logic would dictate that if the "website infrastructure" is working, then the day of the week shouldn't matter?

Edited by Shadow9612

Pickels, I've found over the years (especially the last year and a half since they launched their new site that the ONLY way to have any consistent success doing anything on the X site is to use an InPrivate or Incognito window in whatever browser you choose. Also the weekends are notorious for malfunctions on the X end of things. Luckily, the onboard experience is nothing like the website. 

If you are trying to see about cabin changes, the best way to do that is to open an InPrivate window and don't sign in. Then do a mock booking and select the class of cabin to which you'd like to change. Then you can see the available cabins. If you see one you'd like, do a courtesy hold (if it's after hours). Then call Captains Club and ask them to make the switch. Good luck, it's a crazy way to have to do it, but if it's a desirable cabin it will reserve it for you until the change can be made. I've done it several times. When I've booked through a TA (which I almost always do), I call the TA to make the change, then with the TA on the phone I call X to release the hold and the TA grabs the desired cabin.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

Agreed.

I've also seen some posters suggesting that the website performance is worse on the weekends. From an IT perspective can anybody comment on why that would be the case?

They often do maintenance on the website on weekends.

Sometimes they post a message at that time letting us know, but sometimes they don't.

As to the OP's frustration with the website, it has been problematic for many years and people have been complaining about it for many years.

Each time they fix something, they somehow manage to mess up something else.

Most of us who otherwise like Celebrity just work around whatever the problem happens to be at the time,

sometimes by accessing the feature we want another way (i.e., a back door approach),

sometimes by calling in and having it taken care of over the phone,

and sometimes by waiting a day or two and trying again.

A glass of wine (or two or three, or whatever your beverage of choice happens to be) can help make one feel better at such times, although it doesn't solve the problem.

There is no point in getting upset about it here as it accomplishes nothing, other than providing an outlet to vent our frustrations.

7 hours ago, Pickels said:

Not those, -- wanted to make a payment, and check for cabin change.  I know those are not available until 45 days before.

Thanks

Many of us find it easier to check for possible cabin changes using 3rd party websites, since the Celebrity website is so poorly designed and not at all user-friendly.

It takes unnecessary jumping back and forth between a number of different screens to obtain the information that you can find displayed elsewhere all on one screen, in a better format.

Unfortunately, we are not permitted to name other websites here, but they are not that difficult to find.

• Like 1

Not sure if OP was making a payment or final payment

We always make final   payment by calling in &  never had too  a long wait.  We wait for the zero balance e mail update while still on the phone with the rep.

Regarding  cabin change,  Is that an upgrade  or bid or just a change? They usually have a good list of available cabins.

Edited by hcat

Try opening an InPrivate window, go to www.celebritycruises.com, log in and go to your Cruise Planner. Then select Order History. Beverage packages and Internet should show there even if they were "free" perks. Mine shows Premium Beverage Package Promo and Unlimited Voyages Promo. The OBC from Celebrity will show to the right of Order History. Prepaid gratuities never shows on the cruise planner nor does any OBC from your TA. If the Beverage Package and WIFI doesn't show, call Captains Club at 800-760-0654 and ask them to put it in so that you can see it and also ask that they send you an email confirmation for your records as well.

Now in fairness after the negative things I have said about the Celebrity website, I feel it is only right to give them credit for a feature that is working correctly and flawlessly.

I just made final payment for a cruise online.

I went to their US website, logged right into my account, and pulled up the cruise I wanted to pay off.

The transaction went through immediately without a hitch.  It could not have been any quicker or easier.

It updated my online account correctly, and it auto-generated and immediately sent me an updated invoice showing zero remaining balance due.

Bravo Celebrity for getting something right.

(Even though it is something that benefits them -- collecting money from us. 😁)