New Perk Packages?

tce40

I was just looking at the Cruise Planner for my upcoming Transatlantic and saw these new packages listed.  Some include a combination of specialty dining, photo packages, internet, etc.  Is this just for the Edge or is it showing up for others on different ships??

image.thumb.png.0027143b010c25f662e63d4292bb965f.png

• Haha 1

Yes, I'll paste them below.

image.png.f360cc24c88859a22d1c12d305b68050.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

image.png.e734d9702d11ad4196533fd7e3fd0920.png

____________________________________________________________________________________

image.png.1345834ed663506cf06845dad66b3fa7.png

____________________________________________________________________________________

image.png.63ddd16e5989c59f211ed637257d130c.png

These don't look like perks in the previous sense of beverage, gratuities, OBC and WIFI. It looks like packaging including things you might choose to purchase on board like specialty dining, photos, shore excursions that they are packaging together to try to sell. It's interesting that the first package listed above offers as an included "perk" priority boarding. That's offered free to all Captains Club members from the Select level and above as well as Suites, Aqua and Concierge Class. Including a behind the scenes tour of the ship seems an excessive cost. Thanks, I think we'll pass on these.

I doubt that we'll see many posts showing excitement about these packages.  IMHO, they are aimed at the elusive "target demographic"...first time, millennial, empty nest cruisers who have $'s to spend (throw away).

Priority boarding is, of course, becoming a joke....everyone has priority. 

Edited by ghstudio
  • Like 2

Priority tendering is the same joke.

A man started pushing through a crowd of perhaps 200 people waiting to board a tender. Waving a piece of paper and shouting loudly "I have priority tendering", he was stopped from further progress and told "So do all the people waiting here." 

Everyone is special.  A few think they're just more special than everyone else.

Not interested!

Hope there will be continued offers with  booking perks like Alcohol ( classic okay for us), OBC, grats which are built into the price.

Unfortunately,  those who are willing to pay for the Premier  package, will get priority boarding.

Wonder if they will board with the suite guests, Zenith and high level gambling members from the suite only waiting area.  That will put non suite  Elite Plus, Elite, etc, AQ class , Concierge guests further behind in the boarding process.

UNFAIR!

Edited by hcat

3 hours ago, tgg said:

A man started pushing through a crowd of perhaps 200 people waiting to board a tender. Waving a piece of paper and shouting loudly "I have priority tendering", he was stopped from further progress and told "So do all the people waiting here." 

There is priority tendering, for at least Elite Plus and above, personal experience. All it means is you don't need to get a tendering ticket, you just need to show your seapass card when you get to the tendering area. Once you get there you still have to stand in line with everybody else.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tgg said:

Sounds like the book  “ Animal Farm”.   All animals are created equal but some are more equal than others.  

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

4 hours ago, tgg said:

• Haha 1

These are a bit of a head scratcher....

"Perks Extra" is $449pp so for a grand total of $898 you get

$100 worth of specialty restaurant credit

$300 in shore excursion credits

$358 in value for 2 unlimited internet plans

$??? whatever the a la carte price is for the 12 photo package 

Assuming the price for the photos is around $140 it's a wash.

They have the "Total Retail Price" at:

$480 for Perks....................your price $383 

$655 for Perks Extra...........your price $449

$843 for Premier Pass....... your price $535 

5 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

There is priority tendering, for at least Elite Plus and above, personal experience. All it means is you don't need to get a tendering ticket, you just need to show your seapass card when you get to the tendering area. Once you get there you still have to stand in line with everybody else.

We are Elite Plus.  I was one of the people who he tried to push aside. It was both sad and funny at the same time.