Recent Refreshment Package prices?

The last few years we have done February cruises on Oasis class ships and typically buy the "Refreshment Package". Neither of us drink, but we do like stuff like the fresh squeezed OJ and frozen virgin drinks. 

I'm just now starting to get into planning mode for our Feb 2020 Harmony cruise and looking today the Refreshment Package is showing the fake "30% off", but more importantly is the real number of $22 a day per person. 

Has anyone seen it cheaper than that lately? I ask because Cyber Monday 2018 it was $17 and this past January it was $20. I can't tell if this price has just gone up in general and $22 a day is the new normal or if it's been less then that recently and I should keep an eye on it? 

1522681838_ScreenShot2019-08-21at3_48_43PM.png.ea6773910f5c4a3be66f1a1122383014.png

• Clarea changed the title to Recent Refreshment Package prices?
27 minutes ago, fletch1027 said:

The last few years we have done February cruises on Oasis class ships and typically buy the "Refreshment Package". Neither of us drink, but we do like stuff like the fresh squeezed OJ and frozen virgin drinks. 

I'm just now starting to get into planning mode for our Feb 2020 Harmony cruise and looking today the Refreshment Package is showing the fake "30% off", but more importantly is the real number of $22 a day per person. 

Has anyone seen it cheaper than that lately? I ask because Cyber Monday 2018 it was $17 and this past January it was $20. I can't tell if this price has just gone up in general and $22 a day is the new normal or if it's been less then that recently and I should keep an eye on it? 

1522681838_ScreenShot2019-08-21at3_48_43PM.png.ea6773910f5c4a3be66f1a1122383014.png

We have it for $20pp for our upcoming Serenade cruise.  Booked it about a month ago.  I would book and then hope to cancel and rebook over Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

If you are committed to buying the package, then buy now and watch the price.  There's no reason to wait when you can cancel and re-order at a lower price.

Thats the decision I’m trying to make - what my breaking point is. $20 is barely worth it to me. $22 may be too much and back down to the Coke package...

5 minutes ago, fletch1027 said:

Thats the decision I’m trying to make - what my breaking point is. $20 is barely worth it to me. $22 may be too much and back down to the Coke package...

Still, if you buy now, you have until 72 hours before the cruise to cancel for a full credit card refund if you finally decide it's not worth it to you.

Everything is going up in price. If you have the funds available, buy NOW. If you find a cheaper price, cancel and rebook. If 72 hours before your sailing you are unsatisfied with the price, cancel it for a refund.

It would be nice if you didn’t have to play this game, but that’s RC for ya.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CruisingNole said:

Everything is going up in price. If you have the funds available, buy NOW. If you find a cheaper price, cancel and rebook. If 72 hours before your sailing you are unsatisfied with the price, cancel it for a refund.

It would be nice if you didn’t have to play this game, but that’s RC for ya.

That’s my fear. $22 doesn’t sound like much more than $20 which isn’t much more than $18. RCI applies the death by 1,000 paper cuts principle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fletch1027 said:

That’s my fear. $22 doesn’t sound like much more than $20 which isn’t much more than $18. RCI applies the death by 1,000 paper cuts principle. 

I hear ya. RCI is my cruise line of choice but I bounce around when the price is right. Was most recently on NCL, not my favorite, but I had a tight budget and I knew exactly what I would be paying, for EVERYTHING before I booked the cruise. I’m sure $5/day plus or minus for a drink package and $5/day plus or minus for dining etc is pocket change for many folks on CC but for some of us, it determines which cruise we take.

I enjoy all types of vacations, land and sea. Obviously land is the best because you can actually stay in one city for longer than  8 hours and truly do what you want to do while there without being on a tight “schedule” like a damn child.

That being said, a big selling point of the cruise vacation is you know what it will cost, total price out the door,  before you book it...this is not the case with RCI. It makes cruising less appealing.

I’m on the same sailing as you.  I have been watching all the prices in the cruise planner pretty close. The norm for our sailing is $28, the current price of $22 is the best it has been, unless of course you got in on the $18 deluxe Pkg!

4 hours ago, fletch1027 said:

It has been bouncing between $20 and $26 on my Adventure of the Seas cruise this December.

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have it for $20pp for our upcoming Serenade cruise.  Booked it about a month ago.  I would book and then hope to cancel and rebook over Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend.

Over Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend, what has been the lowest price you've seen advertised? Others, feel free to comment as well!

2 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Over Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend, what has been the lowest price you've seen advertised? Others, feel free to comment as well!

$17 on Cyber Monday 2018 for a Feb 2019 Allure cruise. 

Im wondering if we are all being bled $3-4 extra dollars on these packages so RCI can make up revenue for the $18 Deluxe goof... 

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Stop asking and thinking about "last year's" prices.  RC has been very busy raising prices on everything.  I don't want you to be doomed to disappointment.

I guess we're all contributing to the Royal Amplified program (and recouping lost revenue from the drink package fiasco)... 😫

We never buy drink packages, but on our upcoming GOS cruise with our honeymooners, we got the soda package for them as a surprise.  I initially bought it for 9.99 per person.  It recently dropped to 8.99 per person.  Did I call and rebook?  Heck yes, I did.  Quick and easy!  They refunded the original (takes a couple of days to hit your statement) and repurchased.  I have done the same with excursions, etc.