Am I overreacting? Smoking on balcony.

JoeFan

On HOS now.

My wife was going to read on the pool deck. We managed to find chairs on a sea day and some guy sits down next to my family and starts smoking pot. 

We bail on that situation and I send her back to the room to read on our balcony. When the couple next to us starts smoking Om their balcony. Which they have done several times a day. We can’t sit on our balcony without smelling smoke. 

Not at all. Almost all smokers are considerate but unfortunately there are a few that are not. Regretfully you are and we’re stuck beside them.  The same could be said about other things that people do, over and above smoking. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

Agree with all the above. But I think 'Vaping" is worse...I had no idea the smoke those things put out until we were standing out on deck the night we were getting ready to leave Aruba and some guy came up and stood "right next" to us...so inconsiderate !!!

19 minutes ago, WeLuvVacation said:

Smokers by and far are the absolute rudest people on the planet, not all of them just most of them. I'd call and take a picture of the offending smoke, not the people just the smoke.

As an ex smoker I find non smokers are the most offensive.

Call security when they light up and have them come to your door so they can see it.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

What am I missing here?  Nobody has mentioned the pot smoking. Are you all implying that pot smoking by the pool is allowed? If not, it should be much easier to stop that than on the balcony I would think. 

Don't you wish. 😜

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

On Harmony April 2018, we had a guy vaping in the CK. I reported it and he was told to stop. Didn’t see it any other night. 

What’s with these people?

Following the rules is hard.  Even more so on vacation.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

On Harmony April 2018, we had a guy vaping in the CK. I reported it and he was told to stop. Didn’t see it any other night. 

What’s with these people?

Hard to believe you had to point that out to the CK staff. 🙄

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

How do you know that they were fined?

Was few yrs ago, right after Policy changed. only time had a connecting cabin. They'd go out and smoke while leaving Balcony door open, smoke would blow under the connecting door. Was really bad, just on Balcony wouldnt been such an issue. I could hear the conversation, heard what was said. Attendant confirmed what I heard...