How is the Allure holding up?

LICruiser61

I've read a few reviews about the Allure showing signs of aging.  I know she is due for an overhaul in March, 2020.  We are sailing in January, 2020 and hoping that she is still sea worthy by then.  I wouldn't think that RCI would allow her to wear so badly as it would be a negative reflection on them.  Has anyone been on her recently that can provide some insight?  I'm remaining positive...

Thank you!  :)

Was just onboard last week.  There was nothing noticeable other than the stateroom decor and hallways felt outdated.  Not sure if that's going to even be changed during the upcoming overhaul.  They just replaced all of the screens in the Aquatheater, so those are brand new.  I don't think you should be worried at all.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Was just onboard last week.  There was nothing noticeable other than the stateroom decor and hallways felt outdated.  Not sure if that's going to even be changed during the upcoming overhaul.  They just replaced all of the screens in the Aquatheater, so those are brand new.  I don't think you should be worried at all.

"Outdated"?  In what way?

12 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

"Outdated"?  In what way?

Just not as modern in decor as on Harmony and Symphony.  They used lighter colors where the new ships have gone darker.  Hallway carpeting is where I noticed it the most.  No disrepair and not even torn, worn, or stained -- just a pattern that feels older and dated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LICruiser61 said:

I've read a few reviews about the Allure showing signs of aging.  I know she is due for an overhaul in March, 2020.  We are sailing in January, 2020 and hoping that she is still sea worthy by then.  I wouldn't think that RCI would allow her to wear so badly as it would be a negative reflection on them.  Has anyone been on her recently that can provide some insight?  I'm remaining positive...

Thank you!  :)

Somehow I doubt being seaworthy is a big problem.  Maybe cosmetically she shows signs of aging, but don't we all at some point?  LOL 

I know some people are a little more discriminating and some have impossibly high standards, but I don't think being "seaworthy" is a problem. At least, I hope not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, legaljen1969 said:

Somehow I doubt being seaworthy is a big problem.  Maybe cosmetically she shows signs of aging, but don't we all at some point?  LOL 

I know some people are a little more discriminating and some have impossibly high standards, but I don't think being "seaworthy" is a problem. At least, I hope not.

Haha, yes.  I used the word "seaworthy" loosely!  :classic_tongue:

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

We're going to be getting on her after the dry dock so I expect she'll be spruced up a little for us.

Well anything is better than being at work that week so it will do!   Thanks for the chuckle and enjoy your cruise week!

3 hours ago, LICruiser61 said:

Thank you!  🙂

Allure has an Azipod issue. One of the three is not being used. Slows the ship down. Won't be fixed until next  drydock. I am booked in January too and our itinerary was changed, Roatan dropped and replaced by Nassau. We booked a year ago. we might not have booked if we had known there was going to be that problem. 

23 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Just not as modern in decor as on Harmony and Symphony.  They used lighter colors where the new ships have gone darker.  Hallway carpeting is where I noticed it the most.  No disrepair and not even torn, worn, or stained -- just a pattern that feels older and dated.

This pretty much sums up any 'tiredness' issue on most ships! Very well put and literally hits the nail on the head if you ask me

Great reply!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LICruiser61 said:

Thank you all for your very quick responses!  It sounds like all in all the Allure is in fine shape.

Thanks again!

I cruised on Lady A when she was the new girl on the block so to speak. We're doing the eastbound TA next year followed on by a 2 week B2B later on in the year to see how well she scrubs up after her makeover! - simply can't wait

Edited by ZiggaZagga17
spilleng

I notice the "outdated" staterooms by the lack of storage space that is found on cabins on newer ships; there just wasn't as much thought placed into it for the older ships, even slightly older ones like Allure. Of course, Allure shows its age by having old iPhone docks in rooms as well. 🙂